420's West Hippie Grows Candy Kush & Krush, Goliath 1k MH/HPS DWC

Well I was typing out the 8 jars with different dates of harvest is gone , I guess 8 day’s sitting in the post is too long . I’ll pull the paper work back out and start over because I think it’s interesting the different effects on us .
I’ve fought fires for the last six days , a volunteer I don’t work out every day so to say I came home a hurting. Saved by Mama and @HashGirl , the guys made more of HashGirls cream out of Candy . Mama rubbed me down with the cream and now she says her arthritis from decorating cakes has help her hands .
For those that don’t have her cream in the medicine cabinet I’m feeling real sorry for you . So you can go
Here and help yourself.

@el gringuito

Finally going to press some well cured buds into rosin . You’ll see it doesn’t have the milky look of the fresh 10 day cure . Will be no CBGa in this mix . Didn’t do a full 2 ounces, close .
I used the rectangle puck maker , a lot less work then the round 30mm puck maker .

These were the weights of each puck in the pics.

And my favorite the press and accessories. Added new 22mL cups , no more bubbling over in the decarb cycle .

190f with a hurry up and wait with snugged plates . The rosin starts to ooze the press hits 2500 psi for one minute then last minute is 5k psi .
I know you see five presses but the one up front is all four at once for three minutes total , may have gone longer .
My favorite part scraping and rolling rosin off the parchment paper. Started to let it spread out and make some cool sun glasses but no playing today .

Here’s the weight of the rosin .

Appears oven ready and a couple temp checks.

Turned the boxes around in case someone wants the upc .
The capsules are the clear which don’t leak like the light blue ones I have .
Love the magnetic mixer same brand as my PH meters . I remember mixing this by hand but one cap might make you couch locked from not being mixed appropriately.
Sticking with the 100 mL coconut oil
All the parts of the capsule maker
Don’t need the blue or the cap set , rather set the caps myself. The one on top in the back helps support the bottom capsule . The tops of the capsules are in my whiskey sipping glass .

Bottom cap is ready for the product but not cool enough at this point . I need about 80f to add the sunflower lecithin and it will be 15 mL .

I think I already submitted these but not positive.
Mixing
Cooling
Getting closer
14.787 mL of sunflower lecithin or just say one tablespoon
100 mL cco
11 mL rosin or 11 grams , but the 11 grams filled 11 mL .
Should be 126 capsules total when finished. This is the hard part hurry up and wait , don’t want to melt any caps and make a mess. I put the artic air in front and center. House temp is 77f sure I should have stayed in the shop I had it down to 68f while I pressed .
Finally

We should have it all . And we did hit 126 caps. As the tray holds 100 at a time and easy to figure out how they work . I went ahead and used the blue tray as you can see it snaps the caps on then I was able to drop them on the napkin to make sure no leaks . In doing this it’s as I said before hurry up and wait .

A few more pics next post to complete the deal .

@el gringuito

Finally going to press some well cured buds into rosin . You’ll see it doesn’t have the milky look of the fresh 10 day cure . Will be no CBGa in this mix . Didn’t do a full 2 ounces, close .
I used the rectangle puck maker , a lot less work then the round 30mm puck maker .

These were the weights of each puck in the pics.

And my favorite the press and accessories. Added new 22mL cups , no more bubbling over in the decarb cycle .

190f with a hurry up and wait with snugged plates . The rosin starts to ooze the press hits 2500 psi for one minute then last minute is 5k psi .
I know you see five presses but the one up front is all four at once for three minutes total , may have gone longer .
My favorite part scraping and rolling rosin off the parchment paper. Started to let it spread out and make some cool sun glasses but no playing today .

Here’s the weight of the rosin .

Appears oven ready and a couple temp checks.

Turned the boxes around in case someone wants the upc .
The capsules are the clear which don’t leak like the light blue ones I have .
Love the magnetic mixer same brand as my PH meters . I remember mixing this by hand but one cap might make you couch locked from not being mixed appropriately.
Sticking with the 100 mL coconut oil
All the parts of the capsule maker
Don’t need the blue or the cap set , rather set the caps myself. The one on top in the back helps support the bottom capsule . The tops of the capsules are in my whiskey sipping glass .

Bottom cap is ready for the product but not cool enough at this point . I need about 80f to add the sunflower lecithin and it will be 15 mL .

I think I already submitted these but not positive.
Mixing
Cooling
Getting closer
14.787 mL of sunflower lecithin or just say one tablespoon
100 mL cco
11 mL rosin or 11 grams , but the 11 grams filled 11 mL .
Should be 126 capsules total when finished. This is the hard part hurry up and wait , don’t want to melt any caps and make a mess. I put the artic air in front and center. House temp is 77f sure I should have stayed in the shop I had it down to 68f while I pressed .
Finally

We should have it all . And we did hit 126 caps. As the tray holds 100 at a time and easy to figure out how they work . I went ahead and used the blue tray as you can see it snaps the caps on then I was able to drop them on the napkin to make sure no leaks . In doing this it’s as I said before hurry up and wait .

A few more pics next post to complete the deal .

hey west so cco is virgin coconut oil? could i use 100 mls of butter instead and powdered sunflower lecithin?

Sweet setup and beautifully ordered and slick production line!

So 4 pucks sort of half oz for ~52g yielding a shade under 20% which is solid, right?

Nick

from the colour of that rosin its not do si dos... and the rosin is very runny so im guessing its still a bit moist for pressing giving a bit higher yield.. versus thick rosin..

Finally going to press some well cured buds into rosin .
There's nothing I like better before signing off here and hitting the hay than another excellent WH squishing and capsule-making pictorial! Not to mention how cool it is that you got the bar codes in the pics. :love:

And I hate that one capsule with the bubbles so much that I squeeze the last ml+ back into the jar and start again with a full syringe, just to make sure. :)

:thanks:

Sweet setup and beautifully ordered and slick production line!

So 4 pucks sort of half oz for ~52g yielding a shade under 20% which is solid, right?

Nick
More than I expected Nick . Normally long cure has a shorter amount of rosin . I squeezed all four together last two presses and got more rosin . I need to get some everclear to get the rest out but that’s in Grandpa Tokin’s oil thread .

hey west so cco is virgin coconut oil? could i use 100 mls of butter instead and powdered sunflower lecithin?
I’ve never tried butter or powder lecithin, this was OldSalt’s recipe that I’ve been stuck on for four years now .

Hey West Hippie!
Hola from south of the border! Haha.
:nicethread:
I can see I've got some reading to do.
Nice setup!!
:reading420magazine:

There's nothing I like better before signing off here and hitting the hay than another excellent WH squishing and capsule-making pictorial! Not to mention how cool it is that you got the bar codes in the pics. :love:

And I hate that one capsule with the bubbles so much that I squeeze the last ml+ back into the jar and start again with a full syringe, just to make sure. :)

:thanks:
I try to avoid the bubbles to , had to slow the mixer down but still had a few bubbles. Just didn’t want to cool enough to get in the capsules 5 hours it took this time , crazy. Couldn’t tell the quality yet was tired and fell asleep as quick as I hit the pillow and it hadn’t been 2 hours yet . They brought me five of these tank’s yesterday morning and all afternoon I hit 97 blood oxygen and still there this morning. Doc claimed the inogen wasn’t big enough and as usual it showed .
Hope you had a great night sleep.

Loving my HPS/CMH experiment WH 😅

Apart from the masive issues with basically growing outdoors in the tropics where its hot an humid as all hell and adding in 1300W of lights 😂

Its a tough gig relative to LEDs so far - that said environment could be improved I wasn’t doing it in the carport and its mostly just height constraints now.

Its very pretty light though isn’t it?

Like a Christmas card

Nick

I try to avoid the bubbles to , had to slow the mixer down but still had a few bubbles. Just didn’t want to cool enough to get in the capsules 5 hours it took this time , crazy. Couldn’t tell the quality yet was tired and fell asleep as quick as I hit the pillow and it hadn’t been 2 hours yet . They brought me five of these tank’s yesterday morning and all afternoon I hit 97 blood oxygen and still there this morning. Doc claimed the inogen wasn’t big enough and as usual it showed .
Hope you had a great night sleep.
Congrats on those O2 levels...any higher and you'd blow away in the breeze!

:welldone:

think i have to quit smoking pot as well.. going to have to try making some capsules too west.. guess im getting
to old to be smoking coughing to much ..

in the above caps how many milligrams of thc is in one cap guess need to know how much thc in the rosin ?

11000 mg / by 126 capsules = 87.3 mg of rosin per capsule .. is that a big dose to eat?

Congrats on those O2 levels...any higher and you'd blow away in the breeze!

:welldone:
They dropped off five more of these tanks . After being off of it all day still at 95 . Actually has my eyes wide open.
Then I went to Krissi’s thread , speechless.

IMG_4756.jpeg

think i have to quit smoking pot as well.. going to have to try making some capsules too west.. guess im getting
to old to be smoking coughing to much ..

in the above caps how many milligrams of thc is in one cap guess need to know how much thc in the rosin ?

11000 mg / by 126 capsules = 87.3 mg of rosin per capsule .. is that a big dose to eat?
I need to find the chart for this , had it @InTheShed thread that figures it for us . I’ve had as much as 225mg with the dosidos. I use the 2/0 caps .
OldSalt would test his at 100 mL cco . The dosidos could have used 200 mL CCO . But my dosidos came from Canada and there not a sponsor anymore.
Save yourself from smokeing , lungs and heart will thank you later .

I need to find the chart for this , had it @InTheShed thread that figures it for us . I’ve had as much as 225mg with the dosidos. I use the 2/0 caps .
OldSalt would test his at 100 mL cco . The dosidos could have used 200 mL CCO . But my dosidos came from Canada and there not a sponsor anymore.
Save yourself from smokeing , lungs and heart will thank you later .

im not up on the lingo.. cco is the virgin coconut oil? 100mls 15 litchen mls and 10 grams rosin .. into 00 caps..

where you get those trays to hold caps what are they called.. and what big needle to get.. need to collect some
items b4 .. i start.. 1 gram into 10 mls coconut oil check it out..

you got know do si dos seeds. ?

my field of indoor do si dos elite home made fem seeds prefect grows so far..

Hey West .. i did a press of some rosin tonight night smoking it right now its the most tasty rosin ive had

do si dos some top buds and 7 grams curing 4.5 months..

i was shocked at the colour

never seen before how this happen ?

Back
Top Bottom