420's West Hippie Grows Candy Kush & Krush, Goliath 1k MH/HPS DWC

Update on some Candy squishing. I could smell it in the press . Don’t know if it had something to do with the longer 8 days dry time at 62% rh . Old dry time was 4-5 days at 55% rh . Candy’s Tops and buds went into jars at 62% and have stayed that way for the last 10 days . I said 10 days and the press is warmed up to 190f and says let’s go .

Time for the 240f oven I warm the CCO with the rosin

On to the magnetic stirrer, at 86f I put the CBGA in 5 grams you would have thought I was mixing paint for a metal flake job . Finally down to 78f and just golden now and on to the capsules
156 capsules = 100mL CCO 10mL Sunflower Lecithin ,16 mL decarbed rosin & 5 grams of CBGA. I’m pretty stoned off of one capsule 1:45
before takeoff. I can see Mam and snow take two hits and the buzz is on for these stoners .
Time for another cap 9:09
Have a great week everyone and there’s more yet with the sugar leaves until then
Very nice set up

A most excellent post!
:green_heart:
Thank you @InTheShed it’s all from help you passed along .
We chopped on 4/20 and I forgot I had 4 bags of Krush in the fridge. As I checked before I posted this as there not there anymore these women smoke like the old 8444 steam engine.
I love this drying change , I have half of the jars with humid/dehumidifier packs in and all are still 61-62% rh well according to the digital rh . I’ve been moving from jar to jar with the digital rh meters .
Also Ercot drove my cost per ounce to $20.27 each .
Finally had two days without rain now I’ve got to mow .

Well the ones that follow the contest I had a OO kush that I’ve never saw rot in my grow room at any time till I entered into the contest. As the ones that follow the grow it was a controlled environment . Fans blowing from underneath and fans making a circular winds plus the oscillating fan that blows by . So much for that record but bad it showed up in the contest. Win some lose some all part of life . Have a great day everyone.

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day & weekend . I visited the new army base but it will always be the Hood for me . These guys chopped at different days so I’ll have to test the quality on Mama and Snow . I have 8 jars from 55 days to 77 days after chop . Was hard not to smoke some myself but it sent me straight to a congestion.
I still haven’t pressed Candy without the CBGA. Don’t seem to be getting as high as them smoking this round so I’ll press without CBGA. Should happen before this week is up . Have a great night everyone.

Hiya!

Shed above when I asked their wise referral brain for an HPS grower of note recommended you.

Me and my wife (& Co) been growing a relatively short time in Thailand. 9 months? But we got heavily involved very quickly. We have 6 LEDs all very good an expensive and all that, whatever, but my large scale multi decade growing friends who beat me up over my quality (we grow really good think maybe I get 8/10 off them which is amazingly high praise!

But they last night gave me the idea to grow under HPS with a CMH as well.

I have a Solo Cup journal of basically a lab - 9 strains in a 4x4 and bought a Gavita 1000w and a 315 CMH. Forget the brand. But cost less for two of each (only use 1 of each) for $500USD which is one mid range LED

In short I am superduper mad excited by this learning thing. We are semi commercial but this grow is for pure passion.

Just skimming this latest page and seeing steam engine banter means I’m going to start at the beginning of this thread while watching the cricket - I’m going to have a lovely Saturday evening catching up I suspect!

But if you have any “Don’t make this mistake noob!” For a firdt time grower please I’d love to know and if you’re interested my solo cup journal is below.

I’m going to sketch the environmental setup of cooling and fans later this evening. Think we are ok on that. We need AC piped direct with the ambient temperature being what it is here. Ditto dehumidifier.

Three inlines fans I think.

But I’d love to hear some details on how to grow HPS Plus CMH 😅

Not many out there now!

Nick & Co

Hiya!

Shed above when I asked their wise referral brain for an HPS grower of note recommended you.

Me and my wife (& Co) been growing a relatively short time in Thailand. 9 months? But we got heavily involved very quickly. We have 6 LEDs all very good an expensive and all that, whatever, but my large scale multi decade growing friends who beat me up over my quality (we grow really good think maybe I get 8/10 off them which is amazingly high praise!

I have a Solo Cup journal of basically a lab - 9 strains in a 4x4 and bought a Gavita 1000w and a 315 CMH. Forget the brand. But cost mess for teo of each (only use 1 of each) for $500USD which is one mid range LED

In short I am superduper mad excited by this learning thing. We are semi commercial but this grow is for pure passion.

Just skimming this latest page and seeing steam engine banter means I’m going to start at the beginning of this thread while watching the cricket - I’m going to have a lovely Saturday evening catching up I suspect!

But if you have any “Don’t make this mistake noob!” For a firdt time grower please I’d love to know and if you’re interested my solo cup journal is below.

I’m going to sketch the environmental setup of cooling and fans later this evening. Think we are ok on that. We need AC piped direct with the ambient temperature with we have. Ditto dehumidifier.

Not many out there now!

Nick & Co
Nick I’ve been following your work just keep doing what your doing . This was my last grow with the hps my led proved to be just as productive. Good solid nugs just as if I used the hps plus I did two pound grows with both lights but the led was more than half price on the electric bill than the hps . The 1000 watt hps has to have the cooling fan which I use a duct booster fan for the cooling tube . I’m in Texas so CMH is an open fixture with heat so I never tried it .
The led I used was a sponsor that put it out there growing two pound plants plus and I definitely got there with it so on to the flea market with the hps .
Most you’ll find here in 420 journals is the 600 watt hps . No not many left growing hps .
HERE is the journal with the two pound hps grow . As you’ll see in this Candy kush grow I didn’t take care of the hps as I did the Goliath led

Thanks man!

So appreciated.

Its just learning and passion - its not actually very easy to buy them anymore!

With maybe having to stop growing for legalities I just want to say I tried as much as I possibly could!.

I see something why HPS and CMH might edge LED still (whilst costing more in electricity from both light and cooling but for a “Hobby” grow - I could go join a Country Club (I prefer the country music to the “Club” or Golf Club or whatever.) But ai’m home doing this with my family so makes me way happier! And cheaper than hanging out doubg that stuff!

Thanks!

If you ever spot me making a big mistake please shout!

Gonna go back through the threads a humbled you noticed us!

And thanks @InTheShed for the referral!

Nick & Co

Thanks man!

So appreciated.

Its just learning and passion - its not actually very easy to buy them anymore!

With maybe having to stop growing for legalities I just want to say I tried as much as I possibly could!.

I see something why HPS and CMH might edge LED still (whilst costing more in electricity from both light and cooling but for a “Hobby” grow - I could go join a Country Club (I prefer the country music to the “Club” or Golf Club or whatever.) But ai’m home doing this with my family so makes me way happier! And cheaper than hanging out doubg that stuff!

Thanks!

If you ever spot me making a big mistake please shout!

Gonna go back through the threads a humbled you noticed us!

And thanks @InTheShed for the referral!

Nick & Co
Shottafire use to run cmh and results outstanding, but like you guys mentioned don't know if that balance out on the electricity. But definitely love hps, cmh, hid

Yeah both I’m not saying I’d swap the things in for all our LEDs - my electricity bill is already $500USD a month just growing. $400 everything else 😅

Insane. Hope we can sell some product very soon!

$400 the rest the house and I fully expect this grow is more pain for stuff I’ll never sell. Too precious. It’ll be the “OneTime”

But I’m OK with that. I work really hard my day job and do well. I haven’t had a pure holiday with no work for 5 years. This grow is that and a birthday present to myself.

I’m not made of money!

This is the Caribbean Cruse trip grow! (I’d never do cruise, I say now, but looked at rooms on Panamax Shipping Containers and Bulk Carrier journeys, a love being on any boat 🤣)

So yeah - don’t knock it ti you’ve tried it!

I’m more worried about the Autos I’m growing (first time as well 😂)

Nick & Co

Hiya!

I have a Solo Cup journal of basically a lab - 9 strains in a 4x4 and bought a Gavita 1000w and a 315 CMH. Forget the brand. But cost less for two of each (only use 1 of each) for $500USD which is one mid range LED

I’m going to sketch the environmental setup of cooling and fans later this evening. Think we are ok on that. We need AC piped direct with the ambient temperature being what it is here. Ditto dehumidifier.

Not many out there now!

Nick & Co
IMG_20210303_160022624.jpg

IMG_20210223_160348353.jpg

My last HID grow with analogs. 600HPS and 315w CMH in a vented hood in a 4x4. They work really well, especially during winter months.

Heck, I still have two 600w hps, a 400w MH, extra bulbs, and extra ballast both electronic and the huge transformers. One of the HPS is new in the box. :rolleyes: I ordered it, and then decided to try out LEDs.:rolleyes:
When I ran with HIDs, about 9 years, I used sealed light fixtures and either pushed or pulled air through them with exhaust fans. Put the air out of the room, I also insulated the exhaust hose as it will be warm and add heat to the room. My rooms stayed tolerable temperature wise and light heat really didn't have much effect. As was mentioned, if you needed heat just turn the fan down. Add an inkbird and you can automate the exhaust.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom