5 Lavender Clones - 1 Purple AK - 600 Watt HPS in Closet - First Grow - 1 Gallon Pot

Re: 5 Lavender Clones, 1 Purple Ak, 600 Watt HPS in Closet, First Grow. 1 Gal Pot

It smells so sweet now, like candy. the slightest touch will have my hand smelling like a pure grapey goddess for hours. Many of the pistils are starting to turn orangeish and a lot of new small leaves are forming that are almost a snow white in thc crystals. I held up the ak by tieing string around the main stalk and then pinning the string taut to the closet under hang. yeee

Re: 5 Lavender Clones, 1 Purple Ak, 600 Watt HPS in Closet, First Grow. 1 Gal Pot

big_AK.jpg
photo-211.jpg
photo-181.jpg

Hey guys so im a little troubled as to when I should start flushing? Is there any signs or anything to look for as to when the time is getting close to being done? The main staks are covered almost with no visible stalk at all. Lots and lots of pistils and more and more orange hairs are growing. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated, I dont want to mess this part up.

Maybe some pics will help you guys?
Yellow_big_fatty_buds.jpg
top_of_the_plant_bud.jpg
Mucho_crystals.jpg
Both_Big_fatty_buds.jpg
Hd_Almost_ready_buds.jpg

I was thinking yesterday was there last watering with nutrients, so I gave them a tsp of MoAb phos + Pottas. What do u guys think? And how should I go about from this point?

I'm not a soil grower so i can't comment on when to flush without searching online for answers, but knowing when to get ready for chopping is done with a scope. You need to check the trichs for color changes, and plan to cut at the color you want. Clear trichs are more heady, amber are more cough. I usually try for the 20% amber and not worry too much about the clear or cloudy mix.

for sure bro, two things though. I have a 30x Eco Plus illuminated microscope but everytime I try to hold it up to a bud its usually all green and I cant figure out how to see the Trichs. Number two, just lookin at these new pics how much longer would u guess they have?

Snip a piece of sugar leaf and check that, a small cut ain't gonna do anything to the plant. Use the focus wheel to get a good shot. How many days of flower are you at? I read that lavendar takes about 60 days to finish.

I threw them into flowering on oct 1st, so today would be day 41?

Sounds about right. How have they been on bulking? Buds will bulk up on the last few weeks of flower, and will start getting super frosty. It looks like you also have a lot of white pistils, am i right about that? If you do, you can bet your bud would be a very head high right now, but probably not ready. If flushing is done the last 2 weeks, you can plan on flushing fairly soon based on average times for lavendars, but the best thing is to check the trichs to be sure. If you have a good amount of cloudy trichs, you are on your way to finishing.

Yes they have been bulking up a large amount recently, and the white pistils are starting to turn more orangeish/brown. I plan to start flushing them soon, because I need them done by Thanksgiving. Ill try cutting a frosty leaf off, thanks for all ur help.

Start flushing 10-20 days before you chop. They will appear as if they damn near doubled in weight providing you don't chop before the 58-60 day mark, but then you've also got to go after the effects (heady or not so much) you prefer.
Most peeps never see their plants add the final 30% in weight because things usually get chopped around 7-14 days too early. I'd say your plan for THNKSgving is a good one, and dry as slowly (without allowing them to mold/rot) as possible. Slower the dry, smoother the smoke - it's all about allowing enzymes to break things down that contribute to harshness. Few people seem to properly cure their meds. Either because they're impatient or bcuz they're not going to smoke most of it themselves, so they don't care.
Really nice job for yur first one.

Great, Great, advice my friend. So u say chop Thanksgiving? Cuz I was thinking on the 20th I chop, Im leaving on the 24th which would leave me 4 days to hang dry, then I can actually bring the Jars with me so I can let them have air/ mix it up. I come back the 28th, so I was also thinking maybe chop the 24th let them hang dry in the closet until I get back. Im not so sure if this would work though, considering if they need specific temperatures, air flow and what not? What would u say? Keep in mind I will not be home 24th- 28th

P.S chopping on the 20th would be day 51

finally saw a perfect view through the microscope of a fat bud, I almost skeeted. hahah that shit was amazing, it makes me scared to take a fat bong rip of this dro. Cloudy trichome heads, but it was lookin like it was starting to turn more snowy white

Did you cut a bud off to check under the scope? That's cool, but I always take a sugar leaf next to a main cola to check. Checking leaves or buds lower on the plant will give you a differernt look then checking one on the main cola areas of the plant.
If you have stable temps, I would think that waiting until later and drying while gone would be cool. You need a stable environment so you aren't trippin about them getting messed up while you're gone. And always keep some extra stem pieces from the chop in the fridge in case you over dry, adding the fresh stem piece will help re-moisten them. It won't help with the proper cureing though, like LaManny said.

No I didn't do that but good tip. Im not so sure if it would work because its been getting pretty cold at night like 60? I wouldn't want to come home and find all the stalks molded.

Back
Top Bottom