5 Lavender Clones - 1 Purple AK - 600 Watt HPS in Closet - First Grow - 1 Gallon Pot

Re: 5 Lavender Clones, 1 Purple Ak, 600 Watt HPS in Closet, First Grow. 1 Gal Pot

Bad News!!! I went to take a look at the plants today and saw a little bit of white fuzzy spider web like stuff on some of the main stalk buds. After taking a closer look and touching it, it was very wet and slimey, and I good actually pull these parts of the bud right off. It was on a few portions of a few plants. I pulled as much of it off as I could. I need some advice as to treatment of this type of mold. Please this is urgent, I am chopping in two days. I need to know if there is anything that can be done about this.

Re: 5 Lavender Clones, 1 Purple Ak, 600 Watt HPS in Closet, First Grow. 1 Gal Pot

cool, would u say it will stop after chop? Cuz Ive heard people saying its a good idea to chop when u see signs of it

Yeah Ive been flushing almost 2 weeks now, and yes trichs seem to be getting a tint of amber. Ill hold off one more day but chop on wednesday. Same conditions to keep mold off well drying?

I got a vornado heater, maybe this will have a difference.

Take a pic of the web stuff next time if it happens.

Sounds like spider mite web?

Just a suggestion: Prep them for harvest and leave them in the pots in the dark until you get back. Snipping off a few buds to take with you. Some people swear by doing that way.

If mold is a big issue keep your fan going and some circulation. :nicethread:

Ok guys heres the update: Chopped them all down and had about 55-60 stalks/ different branches to hang up. The Ak turned out really really nice, not a drop of mold what so ever, I would recommend growing it if u get the chance. Lavender had a good % of mold, especially in the main colas because it grew so damn dense, but yet so damn dank :(... I wouldnt recommend it unless less humid conditions. They both however seem very dank, and hung up quite nicely in my closet. I have some pics for u guys, the ak a few minutes before chop. Some chopped Ak buds (the more fluffy looking ones) and one of the lavender bud. The lavender is a lot danker than it looks in the pic. I will have more for u guys when I go back and see if there still hangin hahah
Harvested_ak_bud.jpg
harvested_lav_bud.jpg
front_view_ak_b4_harvest.jpg
close_up_harvested_ak.jpg
Ak_before_harvest.jpg

hey guys so I got back and everything seemed pretty good. They seem to be drying a little fast maybe, I'm not sure how dry they should be by now (about 4 or 5 days). I cant snap the stem yet though, the leaves do feel a little bit crunchy, not too much. How can I slow down the drying process so it has a sweeter taste?

Thanks guys! Ill let u know the final yield amount when I manicure the rest of the leaves. But at this point, (day 6) the leaves should feel crunchy and almost come off right? Or is this a sign it dried too fast?

You should be checking the stems. I have not done a harvest with leaves, so I can't help. I plan on doing on that way soon though, for science! I gotta thnk that 6 days should be good and ready for jar curing. remember to burp them as needed. Once in the jar, if you see moisture building up quickly, get them out of the jar and back on a dryer sheet of sorts for another day.

Maybe LaManny or someone else might be able to chirp in on drying with leaves, and time it takes before putting in jars for cure.

J-B...Great haul! Congratulations!! :bravo: +REPS

Sorry to hear about the mold on your lavenders :bitingnails: I didn't have any mold issues with mine, but then again, my humidity levels were pretty low during the summer. I hope you enjoy them...lavender has become one of my favorite strains!!

Attention! Even after losing almost an ounce to mold, I still managed to come out with a whooping 5.7 ounces. I yielded an ounce and a half just from the Purple Ak alone. This weight was taken after fully manicuring mind you. Im pretty excited, I think this is a decent yield considering it was my very first grow, and I only had 6 plants. Heres some pics, let me know what you guys think. Also Id like to thank everyone that gave me their two cents, it helped me out a lot in this whole process from clone to harvest. Its an amazing feeling to have it completed. I plan to do another one fairly soon, and will post a journal on this website. Until then cheers and happy medicating.
Lavender_close_up.jpg
Close_up_of_ak_bud_2.jpg
Biggest_Ak_stalk.jpg
Another_big_ak_stalk.jpg
Ak_Close_up1.jpg
5_OUNCES.jpg

btw that main ak stalk the one in the picture, almost had a half ounce by itself hahaha def recommend trying to grow it

Back
Top Bottom