5 Unknown Strains - 2012 Grow

aint no sense in stopping by if you dont have time to sit and burn one down:)
If we didnt do a little prattelin then it would be like watching grass grow:)

I do appreciate everyone one here. Ill be dedicating this journal to all of you when ever its closed book. I seen alot of other mj websites but none of them is better than :420:

Here are some updated pictures after topping my biggest grower. Though I dont have a name for her yet. I call one of my plants Stanky Dank Daina. Cause at 1 week she was stinking up my whole room. Since this deficiency started her smell kind of depleted. But I still call her Stanky Dank Daina. :blushsmile:

Any way I need a name for her. Im pretty sure shes a Hybrid and shes greaty. She loves to eat. Her soil is dry and its only been 2 days. Im planning on giving her a huge feed mix with awesomeness tomorrow. Ill give it an extra day because I want the solution im making to be aerating for a good day. Heres some pictures of her getting ready for INUGuration lol And then I will scrog her when put into flower.

IMG_0228_1_.JPG

Each site is topped twice. So this will be my last time topping.
IMG_0229_1_.JPG
IMG_0230_1_.JPG
IMG_0231_1_.JPG

This under a 400w MH/HPS. Though I think I shouldve gotten a 600w. But I didnt see any in the convertable. I say this because her leaves arent fully spreading and I know she can take in alot more light and ill be bigger then what she is now. The CFLs on the wall mounts, I dont know how much work there putting in. Any suggestions, or am I being on the over doing it side?

Also Ive seen ppl cut the tips of the fan leaves, why is that? Are they cut half of them off instead of tucking the leaves?

Thanks, I may have to put her in a bigger pot. Shes root bound again I feel. Her roots are now coming out the pot. I think she wants to spread her wings even more. So Ill just go get a 5 gallon bucket and place her in there.

The others are still in a sulfur/zinc deficiency type of mood. i seem to cant get them out of it. I give em till next week to try something different. I seen online this zinc/iron fert. So i may purchase that. But im really starting to think its more of a sulfur deficiency. New growth is still coming out yellow

Mmm sulfur is normally present in any compost & is released from decaying matter over time from what i believe ?

Might have to question that one myself or time to review the matter !

Need to think...

Yea, I have this dry fertilizer organic sulfur Ph Down. I used 1/2 tsp in my soil and watered. I dont know how long it takes to get active but I dont see any changes. Also for zinc i used all purpose viagro 10-10-10. Its high in zinc & iron. folair sprayed and also feed it to the plants threw soil. Its been a week still no change. Last time I had this problem with one of my plants i dug it up and placed it in sea weed for 24hrs. Then replanted it. And just feed water for 2 weeks. Then it start growing normal again. So I may have to do that but i dont really want to. I need to know how to fix this problem while its in soil.

Epsom salts might be worth a try, it contains Magnesium & sulfur...

It appears that sulfur is not regular included in some nutrients feeds !

Still doing home work on sulfur in soil tho :peace:

Might be worth checking soil PH also, which could lead to suggested deficiencies listed in previous post/thread topics.

My soil PH is 6.7. I was trying to get it to 6.0-6.5. As to using the Sulfur PH down organic dry ferts. I just tryd flushing 2 days ago. So Im waiting until the soil is bone dry to try anything else.

Some interesting copy 'n' pasted extracts...

Because the soil organic matter is the main store of both sulfur and nitrogen, however, sulfur released by the decomposition of organic matter declines in proportion to the decrease in release of nitrogen. When all of the nitrogen available for use by a crop is supplied from decomposition of the soil organic matter, the sulfur released at the same time is adequate for crop needs. But if the supply of soil nitrogen is supplemented with heavy applications of sulfur-free nitrogenous fertilizer, the amount of nitrogen available for crop use may be excessive in relation to the sulfur.

Under such high-nitrogen and low-sulfur conditions, plant-growth processes are disrupted, and plants develop symptoms of sulfur deficiency. Sometimes total growth has been reduced by fertilization with nitrogen alone, whereas combined applications of nitrogen and sulfur have given the normal yield increases expected from the nitrogen application.

Deficiencies of sulfur may result from combined additions of nitrogen fertilizers and high-energy, low-sulfur organic materials. Then the available sulfur is tied up by the resulting large increase in the microbes in the soil. This effect has been noted more commonly in greenhouses than in experiments in the field.

The transformation of sulfur in the soil organic matter into forms available for plant use is largely a microbial process. If the soil is well aerated, the organic sulfur is oxidized to sulfates, which plants can use directly.

An interesting application is the use of a commercial product that is fortified with an efficient sulfur-oxidizing microflora and sold as inoculated sulfur. Inoculation hastens the oxidation process. Inoculated sulfur sometimes is more effective than the elemental sulfur.

If the soil is waterlogged or if for other reasons anaerobic conditions prevail, the oxidation is retarded, and even added sulfates may be reduced to elemental sulfur, hydrogen sulfide, or related products.

Sulfates are usable by plants and are mobile within the soil profile.

Thanks Fuzz for getting this info for me.

I feared that excess water was the problem. Thats why I want to wait until the soil is bone dry. Before trying anything new or even to wait for better results. The growth of one of my plants are very slow. The other one with sulfur def is growing normal but the new growth is still yellow. And since what ive just read what you posted more nitrogen will just make it worse. So wouldnt know what to do as for fixing the problem. I guess just using the organic sulfur PH down. Ill have to monitor my soil PH closley

so wiz do you use molasses? it contains sulpher along wit K and cal mag.

I use unsulphered also but there is still trace amounts. and I cant say about ph cause I dont do ph :)

all I use is tap water. dont you let it set for 24hrs? that lets the chlorine evaporate. only time I have used strait tap water was in an emergency flush.

all I use is tap water. dont you let it set for 24hrs? that lets the chlorine evaporate. only time I have used strait tap water was in an emergency flush.

I let it sit for 24hrs plus use water conditioner. I dont know what happen. It all happened at the same time, using tap water and also switching my lights from CFL and indecent to 400w MH. They just freaked out

most water conditioners contain salts, I use them for my aquariums but not on my plants
I use tap water like you but its just aged so thats all I got for you ther.
I do like cfls but you need many at the proper spectrum so I think the MH will treat you better. are you going to get an HPS?

Back
Top Bottom