Hello and welcome to this grow journal. This will be a small grow utilizing nutrients and genetics from two of our sponsors, Blue Planet Nutrients and Nirvana Shop. The nutrients were supplied specifically for this grow; the seeds were supplied for a previous grow that I was forced to abandon.

I'd like to thank both sponsors - both for supporting this site and for being kind enough to donate some of their products.

[DISCLAIMER: As mentioned, both the nutrients and the seeds were provided. That fact will in no way influence my reporting of events, be they good or bad - but I felt that it was proper to clearly disclose it. Neither company will run the grow, but both are welcome to participate in it (as are all of you members!)]

The grow is at another location (and may move at some point to another location in the same residence, depending on circumstance). I forgot to take my camera when I went to set up the grow today, so pictures must wait until tomorrow night.

The nutrients: Blue Planet Nutrients' BlueMax Premium 2-part Grow/Bloom. From my reading of the labels and information on the BPN site, I believe that this will be an excellent nutrient series.
The strains(3): Nirvana Shop's AK48, Snow White, and Royal Flush. All three strains are feminized. They are different enough to provide both variety and (I believe) different flowering period lengths. From reading reviews at Nirvana's site and here, I expect them to be winners.

I have one plant of each strain. They were all started from seed that was germinated in cups of water. Each cracked open within 24 hours and all three had very visible taproots showing within the next 36 hours. They were planted into a soil/perlite mix in plastic (drink) cups, where they spent "quite some time" in a low-light situation so as to keep them from growing much before I was ready. Recently I placed them much farther from the light to encourage a little stretching.

Today I transplanted two of the plants into (2) two-gallon buckets of a 75:25 mixture of Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil and perlite. They eventually be transplanted again into five-gallon buckets which will be their permanent home I will transplant the third plant tomorrow evening. It will most likely go into a small DWC setup.

I am using a 400-watt Lumatek ballast. I have a 400-watt Lumatek high-PAR HPS bulb for the flower period (and possibly for vegetative use). I am currently using a generic 400-watt MH bulb for vegetating. As the plants just went under it, I have turned the knob on the ballast down to 250 watts (got to love adjustable "digital" ballasts:)). I intend to turn it back up to 400 watts in a week or possibly less.

I am using a Milwaukee pH56 pen-style meter for checking pH.

The light should prove to be adequate for a small personal grow.

Tomorrow night I will post pictures of the nutrients and plants, copies of the guaranteed analysis of the nutrients, and anything else that I think to post.

I will have an update with pictures at least once a week.

(drags in a chair) Whats good TS!!!

is right here ok??? (sits down) :bong: ok, lets grow!!! lol
by the way, love the disclaimer!!! i should of thought of that!!!

for all organic viewers check my journal for Blue Planet Nutrients Farmers Pride Organics

:peacetwo:

whats good BPN!!! here :bong:. I was wondering when you were going to get here!!!

You will have to excuse me, I am a little slow this evening....ate a huge piece of homemade canna-bread....its kicking my ass. :) :nicethread:

damn TS, everybody is getting into your grow like right away!!! i got a few already in mine!!! but not as much as you!!! and I have a DIY??? LOL oh well!!! they will come!!!

damn TS, everybody is getting into your grow like right away!!! i got a few already in mine!!! but not as much as you!!! and I have a DIY??? LOL oh well!!! they will come!!!

This came along at just the right moment for me! As you already know, when I came in second to N.W Green in the POTM contest Sunday, N.W.was kind enough to request that the BP Nute package be sent to me instead! This was because N.W still had some from a previous win that he hadn't opened and wanted to share the wealth with the guy that lost to him by ONE VOTE! I was shocked when I first read his post, but of course I thought this was a GREAT gesture! Especially since the BP Nutes was the part of the prize package I was most interested in winning/trying! :thumb:

Haven't heard from anyone at 420 about that yet though. :scratchinghead:

TS and I have had a few chats on other stuff around here, so seeing his name next to a test grow using the same nutes I am hopefully going to receive soon was PERFECT! I didn't pick up on the fact that you too had a BPN sponsored grow starting! I'll go check it out right now! :)

Again, really looking forward to your commentary TS and astonr420!

Yea i know, that was so great of NDub!!! great sportsmanship!!! well like I have been saying to everybody!!! I have the Blue Planet Nutrients: Farmer's Pride Organics!!! first 1!!! I have my journal up for it as well for any organic growers!!! its gonna be sweet!!! I am going to be here comparing notes with TS for sure!!!

Yes you guys are all here too! Im gonna just kick it TS if you dont mind! I love the sponsored shit! Maybe ill try it for my next gig! Hope these girls like to party!

Sorry, no pictures tonight. I just realized that daylight isn't too far off and I want to at least put my head on the pillow before the alarm goes off.

I'll go ahead and admit that I pulled my first - and hopefully only - bonehead move. Sunday I was messing around with the grow area and it turned out that I forgot to plug the light back into the timer. I'm guessing that the only thing injured was my pride.

Oh, I am calling it the start of "official growth" but the plants are actually around five(?) months old.

So... Initial pictures on Tuesday night (I promise). But I'm going to try to make Sunday/Monday my weekly picture time in the future as it should be a little more convenient to me.

Ts baby don't forget to get some sleep sometimes! All this hard work will be paying off unless you don't keep things plugged in of course! Hehe!

Back
Top Bottom