A-Train's Autoflower Test Run - Ponytailing & Low Stress Training

NFT is a kind of hydro system that as far as I know only aeroponics can beat for growth rates and yield per square metre. Or at least that's what I've read....and the reason it works so well is that the roots have constant access to all the water, nutrients and air they should need with very little to get in the way of growth.

The NFT tanks I use are called GT205 and you can see me growing autos in them here - Kushtie - ShortStuff Autos In NFT

And I've taken a leaf out of Atrain's book and named them now; Raquel and Cassandra ;)

Bit of an "only fools and horses fan are we kushtie ??.... :circle-of-love:

If you get a boy will you call it delboy or rodney ??

:high-five:

Hiya A-train... I have to admit, i see the benefits of ponytailing... I too like too leaf bend to open up my girls....

I gave your technique at try for 6 hours a day, for 2 days... Had to stop due to goung into pre-flower.... No extra cfls, just my Single 200w dual spectrum cfl...

It really does open the lower areas upto the light.... My auto responded well to it i think

image34870.jpg

Am i doing it right ??....

Thankyou A-train you are a pioneer

Heres my plant a week later....

image34977.jpg

Hope you are well and your garden is too

:circle-of-love:

Thankyou for your kind words A-train...

When i look down on the canopy, with the PT on.... You can see right down to the soil... If im seeing, then the lights getting in there... Happy days....

How did you come upon this trick ?.... Was it a kind of eureka moment :idea: after experimenting ?

:passitleft:

beautiful family shot atrain they all look so happy and growth is good;)is it still the mars 1200 above your young and how old are the young flock today;)eep up the fine work brother;):thumb::volcano-smiley::high-five:

Thanks beast... they are on day 28... and yest it is still the mars 2 1200... I have to say so far I really like this light... It's a bit hard to tell how it adds up to my Ole 600w mh for veg because these are smaller strains than I normally grow but I do know the coverage is awesome... this is a perfect light for a 3x3... I don't even have to rotate when with the 600 mh I rotated twice daily to prevent the lean inwards

Thanks beast... they are on day 28... and yest it is still the mars 2 1200... I have to say so far I really like this light... It's a bit hard to tell how it adds up to my Ole 600w mh for veg because these are smaller strains than I normally grow but I do know the coverage is awesome... this is a perfect light for a 3x3... I don't even have to rotate when with the 600 mh I rotated twice daily to prevent the lean inwards

601 grams your last grow from 550 wall watts. I'm sure big genetics helped, but pulling over 1 gram per watt should definitely show it performs.

Yep... genetics was a lot but the light did great.... I have heard a lot of bad things about mars hydro.... but as far as my tent is concerned... nothing but good things to say about the brand

Same here. What I have heard is if your light breaks its a pain dealing with support and getting it repaired. But their prices are too cheap to turn me away lol.

Hey Atrain, I'll be switching over to the Mars pro Cree256 here in about a month and I started to think about how i'm gonna have my tents setup. Currently I got a 600w HPS with carbon filter and exhaust going in the bloom tent and it also hooks into the 400w MH in the tent next to it(in Feb i'll switch out that 400w mh with the Pro Cree128), with LED do you still use a carbon filter and exhaust or do you just have the LED in there and use a fan? I have no problem keeping the entire room the 2 tents are in cool in the summer with my AC unit and its mostly winter where I am anyways and I have free central heating. I just don't know if the LEDs will heat up the tents as much as a 600w HPS would.

P.S. My only concern with smell was the smell blowing outside otherwise I wouldn't have a need for the carbon filter.

I kept my carbon filter bc my wife hates the house whole house smelling like a skunk lol... I just brought the duct work in the top and hooked directly in the filter mounted horizontal in the back top corner of the tent out of the way... you gonna get some heat off the led but nothing like the mh.... my temps went down 4 degrees when I changed over

Back
Top Bottom