Aberration Goes Ker Bloom! - Perpetual

how much does your SLH stretch in bloom? Mine almost triples in size, ... (snip)
hey abe,
can't wait to see the super lemon haze. Have you smoked any of that before or just heard good things? I saw that it was a cup winner and it does look great.
(snip) ... I didn't realize you've been growing the Lemon Haze for a year and a half now. I'm glad I don't have to wait to read about it.

Well, actually, this is the first SLH seed or plant that I've grown. What page are you on? ;)

I have only heard of it's reputation and read about it in the seed bank descriptions. I imagine a lot of people have grown it. I figured it would be a promising strain to try.

Thanks for the description, TheCrimsonK20. I hope mine doesn't stretch that much, cause it's 2' tall going into bloom already! I only have 9' ceilings...

Battle with the mites is going really well, I actually made my own solution to take care of them and it is working really well. I took a 32oz spray bottle ... (snip) ... I'm glad this worked, cost me 10 bucks for 2oz of the oil from GNC.

That's good to hear. Maybe I should mix some up. :thanks: I just want them all gone.

I have been following your grows for almost 2 years now. I am still a fan. Thank you for letting us in your garden. Maybe someday you can check out one of my grows.
Just wanted to remind ya I appreciate your work.

Thank you. It's fun to share. I'll definitely take a look at yours.

:peace:

The jury is still out, mostly because I haven't directly compared. I suspect there is an advantage. I should figure it out considering it's price though, shouldn't I? $$$$:thedoubletake:

[action report]
==> Bloom - Pre-harvest flush (2)

MTP.1J (62/70 days) : 2.00 gal
MTP.2A (62/70 days) : 2.00 gal

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.23 @ 21.2 C

==> All remaining - Weekly Beneficials (14):

BD.6D (33/70 days) : 2.00 gal
BD.6E (33/70 days) : 2.00 gal

SLH (02/70 days) : 1.00 gal
TDR (02/70 days) : 1.00 gal

GKA : 0.50 gal

MTP.2G, MTP.2H : 0.25 gal ea
BD.6J, BD.6K
BBX.3F

L.5Q : feed to saturation
TRN.2C

CH : feed to saturation
GKA.1B

-Mix (9) gallons
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 21.2 C
-Per gallon:
1 t Gnatrol (Bt-i - Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis)
1/2 t Companion (Bacillus subtilis)
1 t Hygrozyme

[/action report]

20111002Aber-04.png

She looks exactly like Dutch Passions' -Twilight
Twilight_1_medium.jpg
weird, huh?

Well, actually, this is the first SLH seed or plant that I've grown. What page are you on? ;)

I have only heard of it's reputation and read about it in the seed bank descriptions. I imagine a lot of people have grown it. I figured it would be a promising strain to try.

Thanks for the description, TheCrimsonK20. I hope mine doesn't stretch that much, cause it's 2' tall going into bloom already! I only have 9' ceilings...

That's good to hear. Maybe I should mix some up. :thanks: I just want them all gone.

Yeah you may want to flower it soon, they definitely stretch quite a bit. I bought 2 seeds and have only grown one, just keep cloning it. I have heard with SLH you get many different phenos, so your experience may be different, but mine is heavy sativa in appearance and growth, she flowers at least 10 weeks and stretches like a mofo.. She responds really well to topping and training however, so you have some time to get her where you want her. It's a smoke unlike anything else, has a smell you will remember and be able to pick out of a crowd, with you growing it, you will be more than happy with the results. It can be extremely potent too, sometimes overwhelming.. It's a great strain to keep around.

Hey mate awsome journal very inspiring, noticed you have the occasional prob with spider mites try Mite-rid works a treat for me here is a link https://mite-rid.com/:adore:

Regrettably, and to my personal shame, the biggest reason for my spider mite issues is inattention to the problem. I get rid of them and then don't treat for a long time. I set myself up to fall I'm afraid. One of the goals of the new configuration (the bloom expansion is the first step) is to provide a shower stall for spraying plants in.

Thanks for the suggestion. Actually, the main ingredient in Mite-Rid is azadirachtin, which is the active ingredient in what I use. I add spinosad. I imagine both work well if applied appropriately. But if the bottle gets shoved to the back of the shelf and forgotten it doesn't stop any mites. :)

Thanks for stopping in. Please speak up anytime, whether it's a suggestion or a question.

She looks exactly like Dutch Passions' -Twilight

weird, huh?

Yeah, that is weird. Mine's 4 days dry (needs 2-3 more, plus homogenization and cure) so I'll find out if it was a waste of time soon. Welcome to you as well. Please feel equally free to speak up.

:bong:

Yeah you may want to flower it soon, they definitely stretch quite a bit. I bought 2 seeds and have only grown one, just keep cloning it. I have heard with SLH you get many different phenos, so your experience may be different, but mine is heavy sativa in appearance and growth, she flowers at least 10 weeks and stretches like a mofo.. She responds really well to topping and training however, so you have some time to get her where you want her. It's a smoke unlike anything else, has a smell you will remember and be able to pick out of a crowd, with you growing it, you will be more than happy with the results. It can be extremely potent too, sometimes overwhelming.. It's a great strain to keep around.

It's in now, four whole days. I was assuming something around 70 days with a harvest right at the end of the year. I'll manage big I think. I've bent limbs before and I can start a shaping campaign now. It does sound like it's worth the effort though. Really that good? That's really nice to hear.

:Namaste:

The Matanuskans are now fully flushing, scheduled to be ejected from the bloom room next weekend. The two Blue Dreams in there are putting on a real head of steam, too. Tonight is a bad night for pics, as I have a chance to actually see the wife before she goes to bed, but only if I go now. :) Soon.

[action report]

MTP.1J (64/70 days) : 2.00 gal
MTP.2A (64/70 days) : 2.00 gal

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.19 @ 20.7 C

==> Bloom - Pre-feed flush (4)

BD.6D (35/70 days) : 0.50 gal
BD.6E (35/70 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH (04/70 days) : 0.25 gal
TDR (04/70 days) : 0.25 gal

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T liquid steamed bone meal
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 20.7 C
1/2 T blackstrap molasses

==> Bloom - Feed (4)

BD.6D : 1.50 gal
BD.6E : 1.50 gal

-Mix (3) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1150 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.25 @ 20.3 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

SLH :0.75 gal
TDR :0.75 gal

-Mix (2) gallons - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1120 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.29 @ 20.8 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (9):

MTP.2G, MTP.2H : 0.25 gal ea
BD.6J, BD.6K
BBX.3F

L.5Q : feed to saturation
TRN.2C

CH : feed to saturation

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 870 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.17 @ 20.5 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Small Veg (1):

GKA.1B : feed to saturation

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
1 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 510 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.22 @ 20.1 C
1/2 t Companion

[/action report]

[action report]

MTP.1J (66/70 days) : 2.00 gal
MTP.2A (66/70 days) : 2.00 gal

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.13 @ 20.4 C

BD.6D (37/70 days) : 0.50 gal
BD.6E (37/70 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH (06/70 days) : 0.25 gal
TDR (06/70 days) : 0.25 gal

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.14 @ 20.4 C

==> Bloom - Feed (4)

-Mix (3) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1200 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 20.3 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

-Mix (2) gallons - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1150 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.24 @ 20.2 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (4):

BD.6J, BD.6K : 0.25 gal ea
BBX.3F

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 870 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.12 @ 20.2 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Transplanted (5):

MTP.2G, MTP.2H : 1.00 gal ea
Transplanted to 9 gallon pots

L.5Q : 0.50 gal ea
TRN.2C
CH
Transplanted to 1.5 gallon pots

-Mix (4) gallons.
-Per gallon:
2 T Organic Supplement
1 t Big Foot (1st)
2 t PGE
1 T Yucca
Natural @ 510 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.05) Actual: 6.23 @ 20.0 C
1/2 t Companion
1/2 T Myco powder
1 t Bt-i

[/action report]

It's in now, four whole days. I was assuming something around 70 days with a harvest right at the end of the year. I'll manage big I think. I've bent limbs before and I can start a shaping campaign now. It does sound like it's worth the effort though. Really that good? That's really nice to hear.

:Namaste:

yeah it's a very good smoke and at 70 days it's prime. I let mine go an extra week at times, it makes the sativa really come out in it, but either way, it has such a unique smell and taste that you don't want to put down. I'm curious to see how she does for you in bloom. I've been running into clawing leaves when I start blooming and they just continue to harvest. Haven't been able to find a solution to it, it really doesn't seem to affect the bud growth though.

That sounds very nice. I'm excited now.

I have the results from last week's harvest. Off the stems and in containers:

355 g Blue Dream abt 12.5 oz)
181 g Trinity (abt 6.4 oz)

The Afghani Hindu Kush freak-out plant doesn't look promising. It's too airy to cut off the stems really. I'll try some when I'm not already high tomorrow night, but I don't expect anything good.

Pictures this weekend. Seriously. :bong:

That sounds very nice. I'm excited now.

I have the results from last week's harvest. Off the stems and in containers:

355 g Blue Dream abt 12.5 oz)
181 g Trinity (abt 6.4 oz)

The Afghani Hindu Kush freak-out plant doesn't look promising. It's too airy to cut off the stems really. I'll try some when I'm not already high tomorrow night, but I don't expect anything good.

Pictures this weekend. Seriously. :bong:

Hey Abe! Things seem to be moving along quite nicely around your parts as usual :thumb:

Congrats on the harvest. Is that dry weights or is that still wet some?

I have one that was kind of airy, my Resin Bomb (RB). However, it will knock you out with a couple of good hits! So yours is the same way. can't wait until you try and let us know. She sure is a beautiful plant!

really nice pull on the blue dream, I must get some of that myself sometime soon. I wanted to snatch more up when it was around here but it was all gone.. Only got a cut of it, and they get all of their stuff from cali, so it's pretty much whatever comes is what we get.. Mostly the reason I grow my own now :bong:

but back on topic, the blue dream was some of the nicest happiest smokes I've experienced.. Great tasting weed too.

Congrats on the harvest. Is that dry weights or is that still wet some?

That's dry weight. In fact, a hair over-dry on some of the smaller bits. The less-dry larger stuff and the more-dry smaller stuff are currently mixed together in an airtight container (separate container for each strain). They should equalize and become uniformly dry. I call this 'homogenizing'. It typically improves the average nicely and everyone likes uniform bud. In a day or two it'll go in jars.

but back on topic, the blue dream was some of the nicest happiest smokes I've experienced.. Great tasting weed too.

It truly is good weed. :)

By the way, I started to take pics, but the battery was dead. Fair enough - it lasted a couple months. It's charging now. I'm hoping to get pics later. :thumb:

The battery isn't charged, and I'm drained. I'll get to it, I promise.

[action report]

MTP.1J (68/70 days) : 2.00 gal
MTP.2A (68/70 days) : 2.00 gal

-Mix (4) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 oz Clearex
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.16 @ 20.4 C

BD.6D (39/70 days) : 0.50 gal
BD.6E (39/70 days) : 0.50 gal
SLH (08/70 days) : 0.25 gal
TDR (08/70 days) : 0.25 gal

-Mix (2) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Yucca
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.20 @ 20.4 C

==> Bloom - Feed (4)

-Mix (3) gallons - MID
-Per gallon:
2 T Biggest Bloom
2 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
2 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1190 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.27 @ 20.4 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

-Mix (2) gallons - EARLY
-Per gallon:
1 T Biggest Bloom
1 t PGE
1 t Silica Blast
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
2 t Notrozyme
2 t Organic Supplement
2 t Soil Nute
--- t Big Foot (ord)
1 t Calcium Syrup
1/2 t Carbon sweet
1 T Amino Blast
1/2 t TM-7
Natural @ 1090 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.29 @ 20.4 C
1/2 t Companion
1 t Hygrozyme

==> Large Veg (6):

MTP.2G, MTP.2H : 0.75 gal ea

BD.6J, BD.6K : 0.25 gal ea
BBX.3F

-Mix (3) gallons
-Per gallon:
1 T Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
--- t Big Foot (ord)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 840 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.25 @ 20.2 C
1/2 t Companion

==> Medium Veg (3):

L.5Q : 0.25 gal ea
TRN.2C
CH

-Mix (1) gallon
-Per gallon:
2 t Pure Blend Pro Grow
1 t Cal-Mag
1 T Yucca
1 t Big Foot (2nd)
--- t TM-7
Natural @ 720 ppm
pH target: 6.20 (±.10) Actual: 6.21 @ 19.7 C
1/2 t Companion

[/action report]

Anxiously awaiting pics :)

Hey darkpiece! Nice to see ya. Guess what? Pictures!!!

:tokin:

This is veg these days:

20111029Aber-01.png

Here's a closer look at Cheese, which is doing great:

20111029Aber-02.png

On the right side are the 6 bigger veg plants. It's a jungle in there:

20111029Aber-03.png

While I was at it, I thought I would share some pictures of happiness. I previously mentioned that I took down the AC in veg and replaced it with simple air exchange. Now that the cold weather is setting in, it's always colder outside than I need it inside, so it's a good way to cool the room for cheap. Besides, that thing dripped on me, and never did a very good job cooling the room. I'm glad it is gone, and it should never need to come back with the new bigger AC coming on line soon. I'm so happy. I hated that thing.

In any case, it used to be on a shelf over the door between veg and bloom. Right here:

20111029Aber-04.png

I love that it is gone. The 'new' system (which is actually something I set up at the beginning of this journal) draws air in from the eave to a box recessed in the ceiling. A carbon filter hangs in there. A 6" fan draws the air in the box through the filter and then drops it into the room. Here is the cover for the recess dogged to the ceiling. All that stuff is hidden above that panel:

20111029Aber-05.png

Please excuse the dirty fan. It isn't in use at the moment. I should clean it though.

Then a few feet away is the exhaust. It is a similar recess with filter and fan, but it draws from the room and blows outside. The recess is covered by a piece of plywood that hangs a couple inches from the ceiling:

20111029Aber-06.png

The cover is actually hung from simple gate latches (the spring loaded ones). Here I took a couple loose so you can see up inside. The duct that goes off to the left is headed for the fan, which is hung by bungee in an insulation filled box. It helps with the quiet:

20111029Aber-07.png

In each recess I installed a small electric winch from Harbor Freight. That allows me to easily raise those heave filters 11' up in the air alone. With a filter at both intake and exhaust, smell doesn't get out. The incoming air comes through a bit of flex duct with a metal duct-to-register adapter on the end. That keeps it down low and pulled taught. The air then comes in at the floor and exits at the ceiling, taking advantage of natural temperature stratification. It's pretty efficient. Here you can see the incoming duct:

20111029Aber-08.png

OK, bloom from outside the room. On either side in the back are the two Blue Dreams. On the left in the mid and near are the Matanuskans, and in the mid and near right are the Super Lemon Haze and the Tangerine Dream:

20111029Aber-09.png

The Matanuskan Thunderfu@k is a great producer of hard hitting bud, but it tends to outgrow what it can hold and gets all floppy:

20111029Aber-10.png

But it produces some great bud:

20111029Aber-11.png

20111029Aber-12.png

20111029Aber-13.png

20111029Aber-14.png

20111029Aber-15.png

20111029Aber-16.png

20111029Aber-17.png

20111029Aber-18.png

20111029Aber-19.png

The Blue Dream is getting gorgeous again. And unlike the Matty, BD only needs minimal support despite even higher yields. Here's a sample:

20111029Aber-20.png

20111029Aber-21.png

20111029Aber-22.png

20111029Aber-23.png

This shot shows what's going in with the SLH and TDR. The TDR is in the foreground and SLH in the background here, but they look very similar to each other (the 'fingers' on the TDR leaves are wider). Stre-e-e-etch:

20111029Aber-24.png

Here's a shot of me next to one of the Blue Dreams for size (I'm 5' 8" or so). Sorry for the state of my head. All I can say is I was stoned at the time:

20111029Aber-25.png

I took pictures of the results of this last harvest. Here is about 4 ounces of the Trinity:

20111029Aber-26.png

20111029Aber-27.png

20111029Aber-28.png

20111029Aber-29.png

Here is a tub that holds about 8 ounces of the Blue Dream:

20111029Aber-30.png

20111029Aber-31.png

20111029Aber-32.png

Here is the result of the Afghani Hindu Kush. I didn't even strip the trimmed bud off the stem as it is messy. I still haven't tried it, though I can see trichs. It is soooo airy and looks so weird:

20111029Aber-33.png

20111029Aber-34.png

I was looking at the first page of this journal today - it was so clean.

Thanks for all the pics man I was waiting to see what the totals were. That trinity looks amazing as well as that Matanuska. I can guarantee that the Blue dream will be one of your favorite strains if you haven't tried it yet. I just took my outdoor BD down and it's exquisite smoke. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom