Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

I was wondering if you or anyone for that matter has tried high brix growing with the sea of green method

Actually, DrZiggy has been running something very similar to a SOG. He does a dozen bloom-from-seed in small pots with single colas. His yield was unbelievable!

I've considered doing a set of clones in a SOG. :thumb:

They're getting closer to go-time.
Picture_03371.jpg
Picture_03270.jpg
Picture_03172.jpg

Things are happening......

A few things about these lights:

1. The Veg light is not the greatest. The footprint is impractical, and I'm having a difficult time growing and shaping the plants the way I'm used to doing under the T5. They are growing more slowly, with longer nodal spacing, weaker stems and overall less vigor than the exact same plants under T5.

2. The lights are Daisy Chainable! AWESOME! Super cool feature.

3. When I plugged in and tested the big lights, I was delighted to find that the on-off switches were dimmable.

I am very excited to get these plants out of the veg room and into the bloom room. Here we are, not quite finished with the install.

Picture_003338.jpg

Hey Doc, I don't know if you own an IPhone or have a similar phone app. On the Iphone is a compass app, when you slide the screen to the left it has a level. I set my Iphone on top of my lights and adjust the hangers until my light panels are somewhat level.

Hey Doc, I don't know if you own an IPhone or have a similar phone app. On the Iphone is a compass app, when you slide the screen to the left it has a level. I set my Iphone on top of my lights and adjust the hangers until my light panels are somewhat level.

I use the old fashioned bubble levels myself. But if you're referring to the pics there, those lights aren't even wired up yet.

I just had to make my first post in one of your threads commending you on the Amazing results from your growing system!

And I have to say that this community is awesome. The way the growers help and support one another, not to mention how they all welcome new members!

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see how this turns out!

I just had to make my first post in one of your threads commending you on the Amazing results from your growing system!

And I have to say that this community is awesome. The way the growers help and support one another, not to mention how they all welcome new members!

Keep up the good work and I can't wait to see how this turns out!

Well, this one made me respond HealthyToker, because it's my nature to welcome new members and I stumbled upon you in the middle of the night. Yes, this is a helpful and happy community, but look at what we grow. We're so delightfully spoiled and we want others to share in the joy. Will you be posting a journal at some point so we can watch over your shoulder?

If we can be of any assistance you have only to ask. Someone always comes to the rescue. Good neighbors. :battingeyelashes: :love:

How do you like them 4 led lights in your flower room? What are they? They dont look like platinum led's that I saw in your other grow journal.

I have interest in your hi brix mix and I plan on getting things together before winter comes. I'll send a PM your way soon :)

To ask for clarification from reading your posts, would you say that you'd favor to have t5 lights in veg room rather than led lights?

thanks and have a great labor weekend!

How do you like them 4 led lights in your flower room? What are they? They dont look like platinum led's that I saw in your other grow journal.
to answer for Doc, They are the Advanced LED that this thread is about :)

I have interest in your hi brix mix and I plan on getting things together before winter comes. I'll send a PM your way soon :)
Doc will have to PM you...you need 50 thread posts to PM other members. :)

To ask for clarification from reading your posts, would you say that you'd favor to have t5 lights in veg room rather than led lights?
Doc will have to answer that one :)
thanks and have a great labor weekend!

my answers in red..:)

Back
Top Bottom