Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

oh god i feel like an idiot. Some reason the other night i read it and thought it was advance grow under led. Never thought it was a company name haha! I just looked them up and they seem to make some cool lights. :thumb:
Oh okay 50 posts it is. I'm in no hurry to start growing. I'm educating myself first before I start picking things out for my first grow.

Hey doc, if you don't mind could you pm me with a quote on your kits? Thank you doc bud! I appreciate your time and response.

my answers in red..:)

Lol....Sorry just saw that kit instructions link in your signature! Thanks again Doc....if you have a chance please stop by and check out Team Cookies.

You should add a link in your signature to make it easy for all of us to follow. :high-five:

I've got two Grape Apes under the lights, and will move the whole bunch under there once I get an additional AC installed.

yep. You read that right. These 4 panels put out more significantly MORE heat than the two vented 1000watt HPS I had in their place.

What this means is that I'm NOT saving on the electricity, because I had to add a second AC to keep up with the extra heat. I was not expecting this, and struggled for a few days with the temps. Then I replaced the AC with a brand new one and had the same problem.

So I've had to double up on the cooling. Not exactly what I had hoped for. I haven't had this experience with LED's before.

Picture_005318.jpg
Picture_003339.jpg
Picture_002333.jpg
Picture_001341.jpg

Very logical if you had vented hods.

I am planning a new room atm and think about a second celling for the lights and move plants up and down.
So you can build a big hood for all lights and vent without let the warm air hit bloomroom.

Bummer doc, sorry to hear that.......doesn't seem this grow is going easy by any means.......but wow those grape apes look huge, they came right outta 1 gallon pots?

Yep, those came out of 1 gallon pots. They needed dunking every single day and were very rootbound, but as you can see they're happy now.

Things should get better right away. Last night my son and I cut a hole in the wall and put another AC in, got it fired up and now temps are in range again. The "new" AC is merely the old one I assumed had died. It's just fine....just needed another 8,000 BTU's worth of cooling to compensate for the extra heat from the lights.

I merely report what's happening.

Now that that's that, I'lll start growing some plants and we'll see what these LED's can do!

So, if you plan on using these particular LED's.....be prepared to add additional cooling. They require more cooling than two thousand watts of vented HPS.

Hi Doc, I tried the "dunking" watering method last night, had to transplant three girls so why not experiment a little. Scared me a little because they seemed to go into an instant overwatered mood, but I scored the roots vertically and dusted the root ball with Mycos and dumped them into seven gallon grow bags. This they looked awesome....Thanks Doc! These girls aren't in HB soil....can I still use the Destress on them???

Yep, those came out of 1 gallon pots. They needed dunking every single day and were very rootbound, but as you can see they're happy now.

Things should get better right away. Last night my son and I cut a hole in the wall and put another AC in, got it fired up and now temps are in range again. The "new" AC is merely the old one I assumed had died. It's just fine....just needed another 8,000 BTU's worth of cooling to compensate for the extra heat from the lights.

I merely report what's happening.

Now that that's that, I'lll start growing some plants and we'll see what these LED's can do!

So, if you plan on using these particular LED's.....be prepared to add additional cooling. They require more cooling than two thousand watts of vented HPS.

There are laws of thermodynamics involved. :cheesygrinsmiley: Icemud has done a lot of research into the subject of lighting efficiency and heat, etc. He had the same experience, switching from hps in vented cool tubes to LED panels - the LEDs heat the room more at similar wattage. With vented hps hoods, he could dispose of the heat efficiently and immediately. The LED heat is instantly blown into the room and circulated before it can be removed.

In a sealed room, hps and LED produce similar heat at the same wattage. In my case, I think my painted concrete walls moderate my temps enough that I can get a clear advantage from LEDs over unvented hps. Ice has reflective tent walls and all his heat gets reflected back into the space, so he has a net heat gain from his LED panels. My heat is absorbed by the paint and concrete and then released back into the room after dark.

I'm surprised that you're having the issue with these panels in particular, Doc. Didn't you run similar LED wattage with other models? You have a lot of open space in your room, so the heat isn't especially confined ...

There's also a strong distinction between infra red and the other spectra. Some panels emit more IR on purpose, and it's harder to remove from the environment since it doesn't tend to bounce around very much - it gets absorbed right away.

:Namaste:

Hey doc,I don't have 50 posts. anyway you can PM me the specifics on how to order your kit? I have the Promix(BX unfortunatly, added perlite and vermiculite to help drain), a couple extra scoops of Great white,and 25 lbs of worm castings percolating with water in 2 new garbage cans in garage. Trying to get a jump on starting a brix grow, do the other amendments need to be in there for the whole month or is it just for the mycorrhizae to multiply and colonize?

Hey doc,I don't have 50 posts. anyway you can PM me the specifics on how to order your kit? I have the Promix(BX unfortunatly, added perlite and vermiculite to help drain), a couple extra scoops of Great white,and 25 lbs of worm castings percolating with water in 2 new garbage cans in garage. Trying to get a jump on starting a brix grow, do the other amendments need to be in there for the whole month or is it just for the mycorrhizae to multiply and colonize?

Too bad about the Great White. Don't use anymore of it.

Check you PM's!

Only put two scoops which is a tablespoon I think in each container, that's not going to be too detrimental is it? What about the amendments do they need to brew too or will I need to start over?

Only put two scoops which is a tablespoon I think in each container, that's not going to be too detrimental is it? What about the amendments do they need to brew too or will I need to start over?

I suggest clicking on the link in my signature "how to use the Hi-Brix Kit"

You'll get most of your questions answered there. I welcome questions and the like but prefer to have them on the DocBud Q and A thread. This journal is mostly to showcase these lights.

Back
Top Bottom