Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

Hey Doc I'm sure you have this some where in your journals. I was wondering when you top do you just take the tip or do you take a section off the top? I've done both but your plants always have such a healthy looking structure .:thanks:

Agreed Doc, bottom feeding is the best for youngens no matter what feed you're using. We do something similar using a shallow tote but we only fill it about an inch deep and leave it until they're bone dry again then repeat.

IMG_00016809.jpg

Definitely. Works great for sure.
I wonder what doing a soak/drain on yours a few times like I describe might do for them. When the water drains out the bottom it draws a lot of air in, which really helps the roots.

I usually end up taking the top three of five nodes off when I top, that way I get nice multiple tops.

I was thinking about how I was going to top and when I would do it. This is a great answer. 5 nodes and take the top three leaving two left. Thanks again for sharing your experience Doc.

Definitely. Works great for sure.
I wonder what doing a soak/drain on yours a few times like I describe might do for them. When the water drains out the bottom it draws a lot of air in, which really helps the roots.
It might work out about the same since I only pour it about an inch deep and they suck it all up in a few hours. Then it takes a few days for them to dry out again but what we're feeding definitely doesn't compare to high brix.

:thumb:

And I figured it out by accident a couple of years ago when we went on vacation. I thought since we were going to be gone longer than a week let me try these bins. We filled them about 4 inches deep and since they drank that up and the cups were still a tad bit damp when we returned I thought why not continue feeding them all at once but use less. When it came transplant time I couldn't believe how root-bound those solo cups were. It wasn't hard to figure out since that was the only thing I did different.

Well today i wanted to unsubscribe from a few threads but pressed the wrong button & deleted every one.
So when subbing bk up to the ones I follow I came across yours :)
Was talking to Ziggy n SS the other day about how well everyone is doing in your HB kit.
Would love to give your kit a go but not sure its possible where I live. Any info of any alternatives would be a great help.
Cheers Doc, looking forward to the grow..

Well today i wanted to unsubscribe from a few threads but pressed the wrong button & deleted every one.
So when subbing bk up to the ones I follow I came across yours :)
Was talking to Ziggy n SS the other day about how well everyone is doing in your HB kit.
Would love to give your kit a go but not sure its possible where I live. Any info of any alternatives would be a great help.
Cheers Doc, looking forward to the grow..

I've sent a few to the UK. 60.00 extra for shipping.

Hey doc what's ur opinion on these blue veg lights? What do you normally veg with and how do,they compare?

I normally veg with a T5, which covers a 2x4 tray. This blue veg light is doing a good job vegging plants, but the footprint is a vague ball somewhere around 2x3 in footprint.

If I was going to convert my veg area over to LED, I'd want 4 of these blue lights to replace the 2 T5 lights I have.

Also doc could I possibly trouble you for some information on where I can purchase your high brix kit if you have already said it I do apologize

Since you don't have 50 posts, ask Doc to PM you with the kit info. But since you posted here, I bet he'll do it anyway once he sees your request. Welcome to 420 and HB!

Since you don't have 50 posts, ask Doc to PM you with the kit info. But since you posted here, I bet he'll do it anyway once he sees your request. Welcome to 420 and HB!

much appreciated, I've been reading on 420 for some years I just never thought to make an account thank you for the warm welcoming

Back
Top Bottom