Advanced LED Demo Grow by Doc Bud

Pre-bloom prune. I'll transplant them and put them in the bloom room tomorrow. Today they got pruned up, sprayed with DeStress and given a deep soaking.

The lights are 30 inches above the canopy. Now hopefully things will get moving!

Before

IMG_84094.jpg

After

IMG_84103.jpg
IMG_84087.jpg

Before

IMG_84064.jpg

After

IMG_84074.jpg

Hi Doc, I tried the "dunking" watering method last night, had to transplant three girls so why not experiment a little. Scared me a little because they seemed to go into an instant overwatered mood, but I scored the roots vertically and dusted the root ball with Mycos and dumped them into seven gallon grow bags. This they looked awesome....Thanks Doc! These girls aren't in HB soil....can I still use the Destress on them???

You might benefit from one or at most two applications, but generally speaking it's a bad idea to use a foliar spray that isn't designed for the soil.

Love your work Doc Bud! :bravo:
I'm kind of a greenhorn to this side of gardening (I'm on my first grow), but with all of the insight I've been getting from your posts, I feel like I'm in horticollege... I have a particular interest in high brix, and scientific organics. You'll definitely see me hanging around these threads.

Quick question doc.
I've noticed most of the pic you post show your girls kind of droopy. Is this because you take pics after lights on?
Or
I know you water based on "super dried out" and then a good soak. Are they droopy because it is dry soil day or droopy because of just having had a good soaking.
In no way am knocking you, I'm just trying to learn :)

Quick question doc.
I've noticed most of the pic you post show your girls kind of droopy. Is this because you take pics after lights on?
Or
I know you water based on "super dried out" and then a good soak. Are they droopy because it is dry soil day or droopy because of just having had a good soaking.
In no way am knocking you, I'm just trying to learn :)

They were just transplanted a couple days ago and I'm taking pics in the dark cycle. They perkup right nice an hour or two later than the pics, and when the lights are on everyone's happy. Plants sleep at night, especially when they're developing root systems.

yep I used to notice the plants leaves in veg start to droop just before lights out and in
the morning they are back up and perky

yep I used to notice the plants leaves in veg start to droop just before lights out and in
the morning they are back up and perky

Droop BEFORE lights out? So it's kinda light the plant gets used to its light cycle.
I think it marvelous and awesome how nature works.

Droop BEFORE lights out? So it's kinda light the plant gets used to its light cycle.
I think it marvelous and awesome how nature works.

Yep. My plants always look sleepy before lights out. The next day they stretch for the sky unless they need water.

Update:

I'm pleased with the progress of the plants. There's not a less-than-perfect leaf on any of the Colombians, and the Grape Ape is doing extremely well also, after the first Cat Drench.

I took the blue veg lite out of service. I can't seem to get a decent shape on the plants and they grow super slow under it. I'm also having trouble getting 5, 7 or 9 bladed leaves with the blue light....mostly 3 or 4 blades. In other words, the plants don't like it.

Also, I can't seem to get green petioles on the Grape Ape, which I normally have at this time. Colombians are bright green as they should be.

However, everything under the bloom lights is doing well!

Picture_010247.jpg
Picture_008253.jpg
Picture_007281.jpg
Picture_006302.jpg
Picture_005321.jpg
Picture_004333.jpg
Picture_001344.jpg

Doc, I started out using the blues maxed out and the reds half way to veg but I now find ADVANCED LEDs to work better with both knobs maxed out at all times.

Back
Top Bottom