Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

if you still have ph problems with the larger res I would cut back on the Florablend a bit to see if that helps. Florablend contains microbes and stuff that will feed microbes. by cutting back you will be limiting the amount of breeding of microbes and their effect on your ph.

:goodjob:

Crawdaddy, Sorry I didn't get this posted for you last night. This is the 150 gallon fish tank I use for the aquaponics system. I'll add a link to this post from the POTM contest so those interested will be able to find it.
IMG_20140615_212117062.jpg

The PVC you see is from the pump. The line that goes off to the right is a bypass blow off to relieve extra pressure. The line that goes to the left is the supply line to the 3 grow beds. Each one has a ball valve that is used to control the flow to each bed. Then there is a bell siphon in each bed that auto controls the flood and drain function.

Please feel free to ask any other question you may have.

We'll see what I can do. I'm still working on getting a new set of clones to test my TopLED custom panel with. Like the newbie that I am I killed one during the transplant into the aquaponics system. Maybe I'll just do the test and post the while thing as a journal after I get my results.

Re: Advanced LED vs TopLED side by side comparison Hawaiian Snow and Brainstorm

So here is a photo update!

Flower Day 35

I am really not happy with the way the buds are forming, so many issues (ph and mites mostly) that it hard for me to blame the lights. But each side has been equally effected by the issues, so still a valid test IMO, but I could understand one disagreeing with that assesment. Part of me wants to start over with just one plant, but not quite there yet.

At least my outdoor is currently kicking ass!

Anyhow here are pics Top LED on left...
DSCN21027.JPG
DSCN210310.JPG
DSCN21045.JPG
DSCN21057.JPG
DSCN21065.JPG

Hawaiian Snow out of the way...
DSCN21077.JPG
DSCN21104.JPG
DSCN21114.JPG
DSCN21089.JPG
DSCN21095.JPG

Looks like there's more flowers on top led side, bigger flowers on advanced. ? . Photos can play tricks though. Looks like the plants are searching for themselves, growing towards the divider. ? . Peace!!

They may look like growing towards divider cause of space issues, thay have grown into it and up, but not searching for light just growing and not enough room, one of many ways could have done this test better, it far too crowded in there.

I think my uneven splitting of growth of the HS in beginning was main cause for the large difference in veg for the two sides for that plant. The BB is more even in number of branches.

Honestly in person not seeing any noticeable difference in bud development.

The poor HS in particularly has been through hell with pH fluctuations in res, and the BB got hurt the worst of ALL my plants by mite spray. I could have done this ALOT better.

Seeming more stable but a bit low now :(, worried that I got too much pH down in it with all the pH down i was putting in as pH kept going up and it is 'stored' in the rockwool. Or I think i killed all the good microbes with the pH down.

to complicate matters, I been using the pH tester drops because i can not get my pH pen to calibrate(tried factory reset and everything, I think i messed up the electrode part cleaning it with toothbrush), But i think i am in 5.5-5.8 range and it been stable since bigger res. Capn says to keep between 5.8 and 6.1 in his feeding schedule, so it a bit low.

My PPM where just at about 980 so I put 2 gallons of RO water in what was probably about 5-7 left in res and a bit of pH up. I want to be around 700, seems as if this HS gets burnt tips easy so trying to keep a bit lower then his 800-1000 recommended PPM. But then i went out to dinner and got back home and lights out so cant check pH/ppm.

Like said before I am starting to have thoughts of trashing it and starting over, I have ALOT of plants in veg right now and no room too, planted too many seeds in early May lol. And i have one in particular that i been training like crazy that might make a good start for single plant test(she is in SERIOUS need of pot up, going to do tonight or tomorrow from this 1 Gallon Pro Mix, to a 5 gallon equivalent(3.8 actual) air pot with rockwool, not sure how that going to work out :hmmmm::scratchinghead:) ...
DSCN21123.JPG
DSCN21136.JPG
DSCN21143.JPG

As you may be able to tell I am not all that happy with this grow as of now, but then i go to my greenhouse and smile :)

Do not knwo what journal to put this in, so it going here...

Here is the HS I am using a 'circular flux' on got up- potted from 1 Gallon of Pro Mix to the 5 'Gallon' (3.8 actually) airpot with rockwool cubes. Not sure how this will work out.
DSCN21154.JPG
DSCN21162.JPG

Thanks guys, I wish I got it a bit more even around the circle, the gap in front left annoys me, but not bad for first try. And it has not even been topped yet!

I checked the pH on Hawaiian Snow this am, I think it somewhere about 6.0(drops are ok, but have trouble reading between the colors,I really need new pH pen, but do not want to spend the money) which is where i want to be :)

Thanks guys, I wish I got it a bit more even around the circle, the gap in front left annoys me, but not bad for first try. And it has not even been topped yet!

I checked the pH on Hawaiian Snow this am, I think it somewhere about 6.0(drops are ok, but have trouble reading between the colors,I really need new pH pen, but do not want to spend the money) which is where i want to be :)

drops ph testers are ok if your testing feed water for soil , but wont really work for hydro. 5.8 is the optimal ph range for hydro and the drops cant be that accurate.

bite the bullet brother , your plants will thank you.

love the extreme training :) +reps

drops ph testers are ok if your testing feed water for soil , but wont really work for hydro. 5.8 is the optimal ph range for hydro and the drops cant be that accurate.

bite the bullet brother , your plants will thank you.

love the extreme training :) +reps

Yea going to grow store across river this weekend running out of nutes, these bigger reservoirs really make you go through them fast. My bank account is starting to hurt, been on 32 hour weeks for 6 months now and starting to catch up to me, so was going to try and avoid it, but think it necessary.

any recommendations on good pH tester <$100?

I see you did go ahead & re-pot the Circular Flux. Don't trash the grow Cdaddy. Members such as myself can still learn a lot from what you consider a bad grow.

Back
Top Bottom