Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

After reading how your big girl has gotten out control I went ahead and topped a second time. I will keep doing so as needed because I have 2 months or more of vegging before going into the flower room with one other plant into a 4X4 tent.

HS is a stretcher she easily quadruples in size when u throw her in flower probably one of the reasons she takes 12 weeks. My buds got so heavy towards the end they needed support. Your next grow you should do blueberry in 2L and get 10 of them and u can compare 5 on each side and compare the finished weight of the 5 from each side. I would like to see those results.

Photo update Time!

Flower Day 24

I had to pull the HS out so I could do a Anti-Mite spray, had had infestation in another tent so everything getting doused with anti-mite spray. And seeing some signs of mites on the BB. I also have super cropped many of the taller HS branches, could not be helped.

anyhow you know the drill Top LED on left....
DSCN20346.JPG
DSCN20375.JPG
DSCN20385.JPG

Here are some lower shots of the HS, as you can see she really has too much growth that should be thinned out, but so far managed to hold off for sake of test....
DSCN20354.JPG
DSCN20366.JPG

The BB with HS out of the way...
DSCN20394.JPG

DSCN20402.JPG
DSCN20425.JPG
DSCN20416.JPG
DSCN20433.JPG

HS is a stretcher she easily quadruples in size when u throw her in flower probably one of the reasons she takes 12 weeks. My buds got so heavy towards the end they needed support. Your next grow you should do blueberry in 2L and get 10 of them and u can compare 5 on each side and compare the finished weight of the 5 from each side. I would like to see those results.

Good idea except i am limited by plant counts, so large amounts of small plants is no good for me.

The TopLED seems to be killing it in this test, in your opinion, which one has the best buds so far?

Hey Crawdaddy!!!

Man I love this shootout grow!!! Looks as thought the lights are pretty close in growth of the plants, even though the advanced side looks like the buds might be slightly fuller, the plants look larger on the mars II side. I can't wait to see how the final results turn out and which takes the cake!

Amazing job on your grow Crawdaddy!

I wanted to also personally invite you over to my current journal. I am using the Intelligent Gro LED's and I am in mid flowering, so far amazing results...but also I will be doing a exciting reveal tonight regarding a new surprise :)

Hope you can make it :)

Hey Icemud I will go check it out...

FYI, the Top LED is the 96X3W reflector not the Mars II.

Oh, no kidding :) LOL, I must have missed it somehow :) That even interests me even more, since I have the 144x3w, but never flowered with it yet... going to be good to see its potential :) either way very sweet grow, excellent idea in how you are doing the test/comparison :) do you plan on doing more shootouts after this is done?

Maybe depending on how this one turns it, it is kind of a pain with the divider in there.

One LARGE plant might make it easier, If i had known this HS stretch like this (never did that much before I think it the good nute uptake growing 'Cap's Style') I would have done it alone.

Maybe depending on how this one turns it, it is kind of a pain with the divider in there.

One LARGE plant might make it easier, If i had known this HS stretch like this (never did that much before I think it the good nute uptake growing 'Cap's Style') I would have done it alone.

Dude, you have some beasts living in your grow area!!! Tarzan would be stoked!!

Thank you Crawdaddy for running this comparison :adore:
I was eyeing the 96x3w and found this journal I have read through for enough proof only just getting into flowering here for me to order.I didnt catch if during veg you ran the veg or bloom switch or both if you are or did or even can:)
ps I did link this thread in my journal basically saying the same I hope all is good:peace:

Hey closetoorganic, glad I could help. My goal is to give unbiased, therefore un-sponsored, information to the growing community. then people can use this info for whatever suits their purposes.

I ran both the veg and flower switch in veg, the way i see it if trying to conserve that little bit of power by running only veg, you a bit too concerned with 'working the margins', just give them all the light you can. But I guess one should do a comparison to see if any better veg rates with both on.

Hey closetoorganic, glad I could help. My goal is to give unbiased, therefore un-sponsored, information to the growing community. then people can use this info for whatever suits their purposes.
Ive respected your opinions throughout :420: making it even easier

I ran both the veg and flower switch in veg, the way i see it if trying to conserve that little bit of power by running only veg, you a bit too concerned with 'working the margins', just give them all the light you can. But I guess one should do a comparison to see if any better veg rates with both on.

I plan to run this light for flower only and will go all on like that too. I recieved the 7 day delivery email today,Im so excited:goof:

I plan to run this light for flower only and will go all on like that too. I recieved the 7 day delivery email today,Im so excited:goof:

Welcome to the TopLED side "Luke"...LOL.

Just curious....why not run it like it was designed? "Flower" for flower and "Bloom" for bloom. The only difference seems to be having both on for blooming. That's the way I did it. Not because I knew better but because the manufacture suggests it.

I wouldn't change anything in this test....it's working just fine. The biggest reason I went with TopLED was the cost and not having to change out my lights. I bet the plants will grow just fine with either/both settings all the time.

Welcome to the TopLED side "Luke"...LOL.

Just curious....why not run it like it was designed? "Flower" for flower and "Bloom" for bloom. The only difference seems to be having both on for blooming. That's the way I did it. Not because I knew better but because the manufacture suggests it.

I wouldn't change anything in this test....it's working just fine. The biggest reason I went with TopLED was the cost and not having to change out my lights. I bet the plants will grow just fine with either/both settings all the time.

THanks Renegade69 I needed the price like that and I liked the coverage for the spot I will eventually set up thats 47" by 32" and am planning to have light at 69" from floor max. "Luke" :scratchinghead: dont get or not me
If it works well for me I would like another to replace my 4foot 4bulb T5 that draws more watts when used.I would try growth only switch maybe then.Is their suggestion feature#7 in details saying full spectrum for bloom and fruiting both switches?

THanks Renegade69 I needed the price like that and I liked the coverage for the spot I will eventually set up thats 47" by 32" and am planning to have light at 69" from floor max. "Luke" :scratchinghead: dont get or not me
If it works well for me I would like another to replace my 4foot 4bulb T5 that draws more watts when used.I would try growth only switch maybe then.Is their suggestion feature#7 in details saying full spectrum for bloom and fruiting both switches?

LOL...Luke...the dark side...StarWars...LOL. Now I know I'm old but everyone has heard of that...LOL.

I completely understand about the available space. My cabinet is only 35" by 24". The 96*3 fits in there nicely and I think I can change out and put the 144*3 in there but that's certainly overkill. My height was only 22" from the top of the plant. After the next and last round of mods on the cabinet I still will only get 3-4' max height so no tall plants for me. Which is why I like the Flux technique.

I was able to keep the LED as close as 12" with no ill effects on my plant. I even dropped it to 6" for testing purposes. Left it there for about a week with no issues.

Good luck.... Gonna sub your "Blue Mystic" journal if it's still running. I have some of them in the freezer waiting for their chance.

LOL...Luke...the dark side...StarWars...LOL. Now I know I'm old but everyone has heard of that...LOL.

I completely understand about the available space. My cabinet is only 35" by 24". The 96*3 fits in there nicely and I think I can change out and put the 144*3 in there but that's certainly overkill. My height was only 22" from the top of the plant. After the next and last round of mods on the cabinet I still will only get 3-4' max height so no tall plants for me. Which is why I like the Flux technique.

I was able to keep the LED as close as 12" with no ill effects on my plant. I even dropped it to 6" for testing purposes. Left it there for about a week with no issues.

Good luck.... Gonna sub your "Blue Mystic" journal if it's still running. I have some of them in the freezer waiting for their chance.

woosh right over my head LOL
Thats good to know on the distances and your welcome to see my ongoing journal almost finishing up after cure and weights.My chop will be soon on Sunday and be open minded to my Blue cheese plant I am not so happy with it. It was a Nirvana reg Blue Mystic from a middleman dealer I mentioned in my journal. I stilll feel noobie and there could be a many reasons it grew like that from my care or I have weird pheno but "Dont underestimate the force" :goodluck: when you pop them beans

this is just a great one to follow i have both expensive and budget led lights so its of great interest, they look good but i swear the topled side looks slightly better hmmm

The HS on the TOPLED side sure had a lot more veg/stretch growth(and that could have been because not split growth evenly between sides at start), but otherwise they seem pretty much the same. Which of course would be good news for TopLED, as < 1/3 the $$$.

I am hoping I can get the pH in the res for the HS under control it keep going up on me.

Probably some more pics later today, as I have to take HS out to spray them both down with 2nd of 3 spider mite treatments.

Back
Top Bottom