Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

re: Advanced LED vs TopLED Side By Side Comparison - Hawaiian Snow & Blueberry

You're spot on mate, the tests you two are doing will settle it for me. If they are close then we know how much bulls*** is being fed to us by the big USA companies.
I saw Ronnie getting grief on his thread and was like WTF?? Someone is taking the time & effort, plus spending fortunes on lighting to show a comparison test. The purpose of which is to help many people who are going to switch to LED decide whether it is worth spunking a fortune or not. Yet all they do is bitch about it. "You should do this, why are you not doing that, blah blah blah"
They should just shut the f*** up & be grateful or spend a fortune & conduct a test to their own idealogical parameters.
Keep up the good work my man, you're doing it for the people & I applaud the pair of you :thanks: :bravo:

Ronnie if someone is trolling you or just being a dick you could tell ricorico or 420 girl are the 2 I go to if I have a concern and it gets dealt with. Noone should have a bad time here and there is absolutely no room here for trouble makers. Once I had some new person ask for help and when I gave it I got back a mean message full of hatred to say the least but it doesnt stop me from offering because most are so thankful and that is what its all about. It makes everything worth it. So if you need another subscriber just let me know where to go and I will be there to offer you help or just to bullshit.

Sorry crawdaddy. I hope you dont feel I am trying to take over or anything I had to comment unappreciative jerks really tick me off.

Ronnie if someone is trolling you or just being a dick you could tell ricorico or 420 girl are the 2 I go to if I have a concern and it gets dealt with. Noone should have a bad time here and there is absolutely no room here for trouble makers. Once I had some new person ask for help and when I gave it I got back a mean message full of hatred to say the least but it doesnt stop me from offering because most are so thankful and that is what its all about. It makes everything worth it. So if you need another subscriber just let me know where to go and I will be there to offer you help or just to bullshit.

I appreciate your concern but it really wasn't a problem, just someone hoping to get sponsored with some lights from one of the companies , that didn't have a clear understanding of how my hydro system works. after I explained the system to him and the fact that my grow isn't sponsored the issue was resolved.
I encourage all comments that aren't disrespectful , I've learned so much from other members inputs and wouldn't want that to stop as I am far from knowing all I need to know. thanks again for your concern. :)

I beg to differ Joe. I haven't been to Ronnie's journal as I'm over subbed already so I don't know the details. But the way to go about any problem you're having with another member is to PM that member first. If it's not resolved after that then reach out to the MODs.
I was raised to believe that tattle-telling is a cardinal sin. If I'm going to report someone to the MODs they're going to know it because I've already told them I would if they didn't delete, edit their comments or refrain from doing whatever the problem was again.
This is something I feel very strongly about.

SNITCHING

I appreciate your concern but it really wasn't a problem, just someone hoping to get sponsored with some lights from one of the companies , that didn't have a clear understanding of how my hydro system works. after I explained the system to him and the fact that my grow isn't sponsored the issue was resolved.
BAR:high-five:Ronnie

I can see your point but I wouldnt really consider screening out trolls as snitching. Usually messaging each other directly escalates the situation in my experience. It would be terrific if everyone could work everything out but rarely is that the case. In any case I was being friendly.

Well Ronnie and I are starting it, hopefully more will help us as a community figure this out.

I do not think just our two tests, while both have LOTS of merit, will settle it. As others have pointed out on both threads there are other variables to consider, but at least we trying :)

(I am still peeved that a bunch of people where poo pooing Ronnie's test on his thread because not varying nutes on both sides, I wanted to tell them to piss off and let Ronnie do his thing, but kept quiet as to not 'flame' his thread. It is one thing to bring up valid points, but some seemed to be trying to discredit his test and he did a lot of work, like me, and devoted his grow to help us as a community to figure this out. Not many people will do that and he deserves big props! If they have those questions then invest over $3K like he did and figure it our for yourself! I had some have some questions about my test, but did not seem to cross the line from simple questions into criticism of set up like it seemed to on his thread. Ok got that off my chest and managed to not 'flame' Ronnie's thread, so no longer peeved :) )

A f'n Men my brother...LOL. Mama always said...if you ain't got nutin good to say...LOL. But really folks, its just a weed that we are pushing to the limits. All these comparisons are gonna succeed. ALL of them. They all will have an end product that is smokeable. And I've said it before and I'll say it again. Who here can tell me which one is better to smoke then the other AND be able to tell me what the factors were. No one can. We will all sit back and get high and talk shit like we do here.

I question for the sake of knowledge, learning and understanding not to insult or demean.

I can see your point but I wouldnt really consider screening out trolls as snitching. Usually messaging each other directly escalates the situation in my experience. It would be terrific if everyone could work everything out but rarely is that the case. In any case I was being friendly.

And that age ole question of "Why can't we all just get along".... Elbows and Assholes...LOL. But we got weed...LOL.

Just softing things up a bit.

I've had nothing but good results settling situations here via PM on both ends; As the victim and culprit alike.

Photo update Time!

Flower DAy 20

The HS is out officially out of control now, this plant has stretched like no tomorrow, two ideas why(well three, third is stretchy strain), either it the good nute uptake using 'Capn Style' hydro or the day or two I had 24 hour light by accident. I pulled down a few more branches on the Top LED side and the thing is still stretching the last few days, hoping it stop soon or it be real out of control. I have a feeling at the end the whole bottom half of plant will be worhtless, but we will see. The BB is humming along forming its buds. Both just got a does of tea using The Capn's recipe, Tea recipe: How to get pearly white roots and accellerate vegetative growth - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®. The BB was fed yesterday with GO nutes.

Anyhow, you know the drill top LED on right, hard to see the BB in the back ...
DSCN20005.JPG
DSCN20015.JPG
DSCN20023.JPG

Here is the HS beast out of the tent...
DSCN20037.JPG
DSCN20048.JPG

And some shots of the BB in tent with HS out.
DSCN20055.JPG
DSCN20064.JPG
DSCN20076.JPG

I am starting to think why the HS has so much more growth on TopLED side is the uneven distribution of growth in beginning. At a minimum the two lights have equal performance in veg, for sure the DS 200 is not 300% better then the TopLED. AS I keep saying flower is key.

Now that I look at pics that HS should be under the Mars2 1200 by itself, it is just WAY too much plant for that space/lights.

Well it still a decent test of the two lights I think, I just be surprised if the bottom half of the plant has any decent buds at all by end.

your sativa is crazy Crawdaddy while your indica dominat look so clean, can you already give a comparison of bud size between panels on the indica ? the ds200 side seems to be more dense

still very good job

your sativa is crazy Crawdaddy while your indica dominat look so clean, can you already give a comparison of bud size between panels on the indica ? the ds200 side seems to be more dense

still very good job

I will try and do that next time pull out the HS, it kind of a pain to get a good shot of the BB hiding back there next time I pull the HS out.

Personally I did not notice any difference in person, but was not looking closely.

OO and side note, as soon as I get delivery these plants will be given a Mighty Wash spray, had spider mites in other tent. :(

Just rotate the plant so the normal restricted sides will get to grow out when they get the rotation on the side with all that walkroom. Thats just how I would grow it but the size is amazing

they all look amazing.

Nice update! :thumb:

Thanks Man!

Just rotate the plant so the normal restricted sides will get to grow out when they get the rotation on the side with all that walkroom. Thats just how I would grow it but the size is amazing

I wish I could rotate them around and normally I would (well normally I would have thinned this plant out and pulled down more), but due to the split set up for the test, it is impractical, would have to re-engineer room.

they all look amazing.

Thanks bro, it is coming along, as said before I just hope it not too much plant for space/lights.

Thanks bro, it is coming along, as said before I just hope it not too much plant for space/lights.

I understand your concerns, but I doubt your space will skew the test results and you'll still get a decent pull, no doubts. And I STILL think your test grow yield valuable information. Too bad we can't fast-forward a month.

I love tests, everything we know about growing weed has come from people doing tests.
Information is powerful and there is nothing wrong with having different opinions. :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom