AK1 Grows Indicas with JD Lightings

Alaska1, so this is the new room, I see. You've got a lot of work ahead of you. Take you're time and plan things out the best you can. You will make a 100 trips to Menards, Home Depot, it can't be helped.
You're off to a good start.

Are you going to be running C02?

:peace:
bro

no C02 yet, that will be in the future though.
I only see one more trip to Home Depot in my future.......I hope lol

AK1
is this intake just a fresh air intake or the intake for the hoods?
I am using a 6" and with the cooler weather it is enough to cool the room running 4 out of the 6 hoods. I have the fan on a thermostat controller set somewhere around 74 and then my A/C I have set at 79 just in case I get a fan failure.
Now summer time I will put the fresh air on a timer and run the A/C

6in just wasn't going to be enough. I've talked with enough growers here in my area that we all agreed it was better to swap over to the 8in intake.
I have a new titan fan controller for the fan so we are good there. Have an A/C unit but no need for that now this time of year.

no C02 yet, that will be in the future though.
I only see one more trip to Home Depot in my future.......I hope lol

6in just wasn't going to be enough. I've talked with enough growers here in my area that we all agreed it was better to swap over to the 8in intake.
I have a new titan fan controller for the fan so we are good there. Have an A/C unit but no need for that now this time of year.

You are right with the 8"
I had my 6" payed for and was wishing it was a 8" afterwords. It does the job because I'm freakin broke.

On the A/C hook it up and have it ready for when you need it, if you already have it. It was close to 70 here today. My fan ran and kept it kool enough so the A/C didn't kick on, but it ran most of the time. We'll get some warm days, Global warming.

Looking Damn good in here, buddy. I'm so frikkin jealous! You'll be able to grow some monster in there!

Thanks my friend!! not too big a monsters as I'm growing 16 plants in there. Beats growing 18 in a 4x8 though lol
Each light will grow 4 plants each.
Just finished my revised window cover. Tomorrow I need to go out and find some plastic film to cover the majority of the window screen so not too much water and get thru it but still get the air I'll need

Ak1
I know ya got your plans aready set fans ducting and all.

Running co2 like you want in the future this is how it could possibly be done.

the window could use 3 intakes. 1 fresh air, 2 for the hoods, I'm not sure whats on the opposite wall to the window, can you access the attic like you want this way? straight as possible? Your filter mounted near the ceiling and exiting to the attic also completely separate from the hoods.
If you were going to do 1 fan and blow through 4 hoods I would tend to think the last 2 hoods will be warmer than the rest. trust me they get hot.

You could use a fresh air intake cover like this and then....no plastic Shop IMPERIAL 6-in Dia Plastic Louvered With Guard Dryer Vent Hood at Lowes.com paint it the color of the board and nobody will c it.
063467856269.jpg

food 4 thought
:peace:

Ak1 what Titan co2 monitor controller you going with? I'm not exactly happy about the remote box on the C.A.P PPM-4 monitor. it glows at night and yet it needs to be open to the room yet to breath/monitor the ppms

Are you looking at the controllers or the monitors because there's a huge price difference. I got the C.A.P unit because it was the cheapest option. Every other monitor was 500.00
In case any1 doesn't know and about ready to try co2 like Ak1 and I depending on what kind of unit and co2 burner/tanks and in ether case the ppm's really need to be monitored and not run by a controller. The monitor actually starts and shuts of the co2 unit and a specified ppm about 1500 is best for plants so they say(I don't know 4 sure). the controller just turns it on and off no monitoring. it turns it on day or night and for specified times and lengths. You will still need some kind of ppm reader hand held to figure out where to set the timers, those aint cheap ether. And if you just guess, well this is your house and family that may be breathing to much co2 if there was a dangerous level. I think it was 5000ppms or something like that.

Time for more updates: I got the window cover finished like I wanted and went to the 8in intake

IMG_072316.JPG

If I were to just leave it as is or even with a dust/bug cover there would be light that was let through so I got a bit of ducting

IMG_072717.JPG

I think installed a sleeve and then the bug cover. The sleeve was to make things easier on me. Those covers are damn near impossible to install on that type of ducting.

IMG_072817.JPG

IMG_072921.JPG

IMG_073018.JPG

Ak1 what Titan co2 monitor controller you going with? I'm not exactly happy about the remote box on the C.A.P PPM-4 monitor. it glows at night and yet it needs to be open to the room yet to breath/monitor the ppms

Are you looking at the controllers or the monitors because there's a huge price difference. I got the C.A.P unit because it was the cheapest option. Every other monitor was 500.00
In case any1 doesn't know and about ready to try co2 like Ak1 and I depending on what kind of unit and co2 burner/tanks and in ether case the ppm's really need to be monitored and not run by a controller. The monitor actually starts and shuts of the co2 unit and a specified ppm about 1500 is best for plants so they say(I don't know 4 sure). the controller just turns it on and off no monitoring. it turns it on day or night and for specified times and lengths. You will still need some kind of ppm reader hand held to figure out where to set the timers, those aint cheap ether. And if you just guess, well this is your house and family that may be breathing to much co2 if there was a dangerous level. I think it was 5000ppms or something like that.

unnamed5.jpg

SECHHC-4

Product Information

The Sentinel Temperature, Relative Humidity and CO2 Controller eliminates guesswork while it controls indoor garden environments with accuracy, and this upgraded version is even better than the original! It uses an even more accurate CO2 sensor, a more powerful CPU, a removable remote probe assembly, a moisture-resistant housing, and plant-friendly green LED function lights. It features an easy-to-read LED display and simple buttons to enter the desired PPM settings and display the current PPM reading. It can also be connected to other controllers so that the CO2 is disabled, and it can be operated in Fuzzy-Logic mode (for compressed CO2), or ON-OFF (for CO2 generators). It also has the ability to control 3 other devices, a cooling device, a heating device and humidity device.

Controls every environmental condition. Cooling, heating, humidity and CO2 all coordinated into one easy-to-use and reliable controller. Separate day and night settings. Select Fuzzy-logic mode or change to Generator mode when using a CO2 generator. The combo temperature, humidity, CO2 and light sensor assembly allows the user to place the sensor up to 16' from the main controller. 15A @ 120v

Sentinel has taken digital accuracy and combined it with ease of use. Its one-touch functions make using its products easy. Gone are complex sub menus that are confusing and time consuming to navigate. Many of its products will serve more than one function (such as heating or cooling control) making them extremely flexible and capable of being used in many situations. All Sentinel products were designed to maintain a very high degree of reliability while performing critical functions. In some cases Sentinel offers innovative designs that are so unique there really are no other products available for comparison.

$680

Ak1 where you putting the a/c? you got a big azz window unit right?

I think I will be going with a Mini split and put the exterior unit on the side of the house. I just don't have that many options, in the basement, pored walls and only one is really towards the outside of the house, the other open side is the garage. Thought about a window unit because of the price and installing it in the wall that I put up, but that would just heat the rest of the house and my girl already turns the air on the 1st 70 deg day that comes along, it would just heat the rest of the house. I think my only option is the mini split and I sure cant afford to do it twice so it's going to be the 24,000btu unit. I better start saving now.ouch

Back
Top Bottom