AK1 Grows Indicas with JD Lightings

So have some more updates, I have the ballast and controls board completed

IMG_071618.JPG

The ballasts themselves are heat sinks so made sure there was plenty of room for air movement to keep them as cool as possible. I'll have a fan blowing on them

IMG_071719.JPG

Soooooooooo, been thinking............and thinking..........I am just not that sure that the 6in intake will be big enough to pull enough cool air into the room. Certainly big enough for a 4x8 tent but a 9x11 room? I just don't think so. With that said, I'll go get a bigger intake tomorrow and while I'm at it see if there is SOMEWAY i can fit the intake scoop the other way. After looking at it, er thinking about it that it would be too easy for water to enter if it rained......ugh, just more money to spend I guess. Better be worth all this cash I have laid out.

Soooooooooo, been thinking............and thinking..........I am just not that sure that the 6in intake will be big enough to pull enough cool air into the room. Certainly big enough for a 4x8 tent but a 9x11 room? I just don't think so. With that said, I'll go get a bigger intake tomorrow and while I'm at it see if there is SOMEWAY i can fit the intake scoop the other way. After looking at it, er thinking about it that it would be too easy for water to enter if it rained......ugh, just more money to spend I guess. Better be worth all this cash I have laid out.

This has been on my mind a lot as well. If It were me I would either get a couple of roof vents and go through the closet ceiling with an intake and exhaust with fans in booth.Or hook them up to go to the existing vents on your gable ends. No matter what you do with a vent going out your window you will have issues with rain water coming through the (window) screen and sooner or later causing wrought and mold. I think I would also get some very dark tint for your windows before putting up the plywood and leave the window closed. Otherwise it will be obvious that you are trying to hide something.

Are you growing all 90 plants in that room? You may want to put an exterior door into that room so you can seal it off better. You will need all the help you can get to keep that smell in there. This is all in MHO.

I am trying to figure out when I am available to meet before I call to get your advice in other matters.

Hey A1, super cool about the seedlings. Somehow I missed this newer journal of yours... Don't be afraid to say "Hey dummy, I have a new journal come check it out!"

On the seedlings, now that they're popped, make sure they get enough light or are close enough to the lights. This is the stage where if you're not careful they stretch upward and get spindly if not given enough light. I'm only mentioning it because if I recall correctly you've mostly worked with clones in the past - maybe I'm wrong about that, so forgive me if this sounds elementary or old hat...

It looks like you are really being thoughtful about how you are putting things together, and I love your attention to detail. :goodjob:Well done my friend! :popcorn:

Subbed! Very interested in the room design as my next room I hope to have the same type of room. My current room is a mess compared the ones I see on this site. Top notch! Love the pics those help tremendously! Thanks for sharing!

This has been on my mind a lot as well. If It were me I would either get a couple of roof vents and go through the closet ceiling with an intake and exhaust with fans in booth.Or hook them up to go to the existing vents on your gable ends.
Nice thought but that wouldn't work too well. I'd have to run venting 25 feet to get to the gable vents.
I want to get fresh air so i'm going to get it from the window. the attic is where the exhaust is going to don't want to get the fresh air from there as it would already be heated. I have thought about this quite a bit before I even started building the room and this seems to be the best option I have.
No matter what you do with a vent going out your window you will have issues with rain water coming through the (window) screen and sooner or later causing wrought and mold. I think I would also get some very dark tint for your windows before putting up the plywood and leave the window closed. Otherwise it will be obvious that you are trying to hide something.

Are you growing all 90 plants in that room? You may want to put an exterior door into that room so you can seal it off better. You will need all the help you can get to keep that smell in there. This is all in MHO.

I am trying to figure out when I am available to meet before I call to get your advice in other matters.

Since I have changed the vent water coming through the vent will no longer be an issue. I'm putting plastic over the window screen so the open area water will be able to enter will be really reduced yet, I'll still be able to get the fresh air I need

My weekends are open so just let me know a couple days in advance so I can plan it.

Hey A1, super cool about the seedlings. Somehow I missed this newer journal of yours... Don't be afraid to say "Hey dummy, I have a new journal come check it out!"

On the seedlings, now that they're popped, make sure they get enough light or are close enough to the lights. This is the stage where if you're not careful they stretch upward and get spindly if not given enough light. I'm only mentioning it because if I recall correctly you've mostly worked with clones in the past - maybe I'm wrong about that, so forgive me if this sounds elementary or old hat...

It looks like you are really being thoughtful about how you are putting things together, and I love your attention to detail. :goodjob:Well done my friend! :popcorn:

I always figure people will find it sooner or later.No worries X!!

Only plant I have that came from a seed was my lemon kush so yeah, I'm a novice in that department. i did move them ontop of my clone dome so they are damn close to the light.

Thanks for the compliment. i've had to redo a few things after looking at them and chewing on it for a bit. Redoing the window cover as we speak.

Subbed! Very interested in the room design as my next room I hope to have the same type of room. My current room is a mess compared the ones I see on this site. Top notch! Love the pics those help tremendously! Thanks for sharing!

Hey Doc, glad you dropped by. Hopefully my build will help you out in your project. If you have any questions I'd be happy to answer them if i have the answer or educated guess. Let me know when you get that room going.

Re: AK1 Grows Sativas With Blue Planet Nutrients & JD Lightings

Not much to report. Thursday night I over did it and made myself even more sick then I was. Have felt like crap ALL day and coughing like ya just can't believe. Did get the room all edged in and now all I need to do is primer the walls and then the room will be ready to pain. That primer I got sure does cover well!
Got myself a 10x39 Phat filter to clean the air and a vortex 10 fan. Also, All 4 JD lighting lights came today via UPS. Really some great looking lights. Looking forward to hangin those bad boys!

Hey Buddy! :high-five:

You would think after all these years.....we would learn to take care our selves. However when growing or putting together a room/grow all common sense leaves our brains. Got to get this done now. I need more buds! :smokin::smokin:

Alaska1, so this is the new room, I see. You've got a lot of work ahead of you. Take you're time and plan things out the best you can. You will make a 100 trips to Menards, Home Depot, it can't be helped.
You're off to a good start.

Are you going to be running C02?

:peace:
bro

AK1
is this intake just a fresh air intake or the intake for the hoods?
I am using a 6" and with the cooler weather it is enough to cool the room running 4 out of the 6 hoods. I have the fan on a thermostat controller set somewhere around 74 and then my A/C I have set at 79 just in case I get a fan failure.
Now summer time I will put the fresh air on a timer and run the A/C

Re: AK1 Grows Sativas With Blue Planet Nutrients & JD Lightings

Hey Buddy! :high-five:

You would think after all these years.....we would learn to take care our selves. However when growing or putting together a room/grow all common sense leaves our brains. Got to get this done now. I need more buds! :smokin::smokin:

The older you get the harder it is to bounce back I have found out. I just kept loosing time due to sickness and that just kept running through my head. cost me more time in the long run though.....lesson learned

Back
Top Bottom