AK1 Grows Indicas with JD Lightings

i love my jdl ballast's i have 2 600s a buddy has a 1k rig and we both agree the jdl 600 set to 110% seems every bit as bright as his 1k, im sure on a meter its not, but the way they run so cool,have the soft start with dimming is awesome my buddy wants to trade me his 1k for one of my 600s no way i said i have a few others but they just sit collecting dust, you can just tell when you handle one thats its quality craftsmanship and parts, just my 2 cents

Soft start? Not from what I have seen BID. Takes 60 amps to get those things to fire without trippin the breaker.

im starting to have fun with clones now i think i can root them. i took 2 off my dela haze and 10 from my afghan last night.

my cfls still havnt turned up, so i started looking at fleabay for ballasts, looks like i might be able to grab 2x 400w for £60

if i do go HiD im going to blend my skinny DWC pots with sea of green AND total defoliation to see just how far i can push the boundries of yeild per watt =D

Soft start? Not from what I have seen BID. Takes 60 amps to get those things to fire without trippin the breaker.

A1

What BID meant for soft start is when the ballast gradually turn the bulb on, without wattage spike (spike hurts the lamp and all your other equipment). You can confirm the soft start by the dimming feature which is not noticeable by the eye but when using a wattage meter/lumen check you'll see the huge difference.

This feature also helps, when there is a power outage, and once the power is back on, the ballast will turn on itself. Not all ballast operate the way ours do. We already have a squad member confirmed this.

Our ballast use 10% more AMP compare to any other ballast in the market, because we maximizes the total output of what the ballast is capable of. In this case at 110%/1100W+4%, no ballast on the market offer this kind of wattage, we test and try them all. What you are sacrificing is more amperage, even though is always recommend to run higher amp to protect your equipment. Your electricity bill will not be more since they charge at KWZ.

We recommend 40AMP breaker for 4 ballast, 10AMP per ballast (4.8AMP when the ballast is idle at 100%).
However, we do notice when people are using the C.A.P controller, they have to use more AMPERAGE than what we recommend, we are still trying to find out exactly why. Over the years we already fix some misc things we notice and still are trying to make improvements.

Anyhow, we hope you enjoy our product and like how it performces:thumb:

:Namaste:

Oh hell yeah, I love the lights. no need to go to Costa Rica this winter, all we have to do to get sunlight is walk in the grow room! I have never seen lights so bright.
I was a bit taken back by the amount of breaker I had to use in order to get the lights to work properly without tripping the breaker. Is there a better unit like say the one from Titan that works better? I plant on running 8 more of your lights and don't want to run into this issue again.

Thanx!

I have several colleagues currently using the C.A.P MLC-8XT, let me find out what amperage they are running at with our ballast (240V). At the same time I will do some more research on the Titan controller and find out how many amperage is needed. I'll P.M you

*we are currently working on a space in our warehouse to do some wiring/setup for R&D on these controllers, in the next few months we will have a write up on the popular controller wiring/setup with our ballast, the write up will be done by our EE certified engineer*

I have several colleagues currently using the C.A.P MLC-8XT, let me find out what amperage they are running at with our ballast (240V). At the same time I will do some more research on the Titan controller and find out how many amperage is needed. I'll P.M you

*we are currently working on a space in our warehouse to do some wiring/setup for R&D on these controllers, in the next few months we will have a write up on the popular controller wiring/setup with our ballast, the write up will be done by our EE certified engineer*

I don't remember exactly what I read but the other day I came across a ballast that had a built in delay of 0-15 seconds to eliminate this start up heavy draw on a breaker when more then one light is on the same circuit. Is that something you guys could do in the future? I am confused by your earlier post. Do your ballast have the soft start feature?

I don't remember exactly what I read but the other day I came across a ballast that had a built in delay of 0-15 seconds to eliminate this start up heavy draw on a breaker when more then one light is on the same circuit. Is that something you guys could do in the future? I am confused by your earlier post. Do your ballast have the soft start feature?

Hi
For anyone who have questions on our ballast please P.M us, I don't want the questions to over whelm A1's journal =)

Apologizes in advance A1:slide:

Quick answer to your question:
Yes our ballast have soft start, and yes (0-15 second delay) this is one of the feature we are working on, but there are down side to that feature so is not something we would like to sacrifice one of our current features with.. But we are in the process of figuring out a solution.

If your ballast uses "110%", then your bill must go up by 10%. A watt is a watt, doesn't matter is 120 or 240 vAC.

Hi
For anyone who have questions on our ballast please P.M us, I don't want the questions to over whelm A1's journal =)

Apologizes in advance A1:slide:

Quick answer to your question:
Yes our ballast have soft start, and yes (0-15 second delay) this is one of the feature we are working on, but there are down side to that feature so is not something we would like to sacrifice one of our current features with.. But we are in the process of figuring out a solution.

no worries, people can ask all the questions they want here. thats what the journal is for. information for one and all so don't ever worry about answering questions in my journal.

Ran DM Zone for 24 hours to sterilze the system. I will now flush it twice and it should be ready for planting!!!! FINALLY!!!
One thing I forgot to figure in to everything. While I was growing inside tents the flo n gro res was outside the tent. NOW the res is in the same space as the lights!. gonna have to figure out a way to keep it cool. 1 gallon ice jugs i guess..........(sigh)

Got the flo n gro set up in the closet!! YAY

IMG_076120.JPG

Next is the drag putting all the pots together. Best advice i can give anyone putting these together is have a small bowl of either veg oil or olive oil and coat the hose before you slip it over the barbed fittings. Makes them slip on a lot easier!
IMG_075715.JPG

Took awhile but got them all set up!!
IMG_076018.JPG

IMG_075917.JPG

Back
Top Bottom