AK1 Grows Indicas with JD Lightings

YAY got the kids planted and happily in thier new home!!!
IMG_076714.JPG

IMG_076611.JPG

Have them getting flooded 3 times in a 12 hr period.
Using the GLR lighting schedule 12 on, 5.5 off, 1 on and 5.5 off
Blue planet nutes, 3 part with bloom booster and Blue Zone, waiting on the rest of the lineup of nutes to be used.
Current temps 81.3
RH 40%
Res temp 66.8
6 Lemon Kush
2 Peanut Butter Kush
4 Mojo
2 Purple cali Kush
1 Funxtas IE Kush

Love it. Dude you going to have one great room going there. I mean I'm impressed. You got enough light in there to handle anything you could fit in there. Hey I take it this is your house. Just a thought,,,,,, you ever want a easy fix on the floor turn a piece of old carpet upside down. Makes a great floor. And it will protect the other carpet if that is a concern. I'm going to go with the whitest vinyl I can find. Just a thought. I figgure you got plans yourself.
You know thats a great grow system in the right hands with the right strain. I've seen so fantatic grows with them. I did acouple hydro grows back a year of two ago in one of them eco drip ring systems. I did a Church that got 4+ foot. Hard thing is plant support. I'll say this for the eco grow, it did have a reciever for pvc around the lips on the pot section. Sayed that plant. She was hella top heavy Dude if this herb is up to par I just did a 8ozer and she didn't get big. 3+ foot. And was a dream to grow and trim. Great production plant.
Well Dude looks like you are going to be up and growing soon. Keepem Green

Hi Alaskan1 -

It's going to be a jungle in there! I love the idea of putting the reservoir in the closet, especially if you can curtain it off from the light/heat of the room. White vinyl or something similar over the carpet would be a great but perhaps pricey upgrade. I like the fan on the shelf in the corner too. Good job being detailed and careful with the zip ties on the plugs at the end of each run. Should help avoid a flooding disaster... Have you ever thought of staggering your pots to fill the gaps better, perhaps?

Nice job, great pics and description of what you have going on. Everything looks great! + Rep

Hey Bro look into a aquarium chillers they are cheaper and 'might' solve that problem. I seen one for under 200 dollars. Ice is a pain in the ass. GL and Keepem Green

I have been meaning to ask you A1 why didn't you just go with a light mover and 2 lamps instead of 4 lamps?

Movers don't allow you to cover more space with the lights you have. It still comes down to watts per square foot. If you use a mover to cover 2x the area, your plants are getting 1/2 the watts per sq ft. I use movers to only move about 1 to 1.5 feet to eliminate shading. I still figure 4x4 for 1000 watts, 2 lamps covers 4x8, 3 covers 4x12. Works out to about 62 watts/sq ft. One mover shifts the light(s) 1 foot one way and 1 foot back.

Movers are nice to have, but climate controls are the priority, temp, humidity and air exchange (or CO2), not necessarily in that order.

Love it. Dude you going to have one great room going there. I mean I'm impressed. You got enough light in there to handle anything you could fit in there. Hey I take it this is your house. Just a thought,,,,,, you ever want a easy fix on the floor turn a piece of old carpet upside down. Makes a great floor. And it will protect the other carpet if that is a concern. I'm going to go with the whitest vinyl I can find. Just a thought. I figgure you got plans yourself.
You know thats a great grow system in the right hands with the right strain. I've seen so fantatic grows with them. I did acouple hydro grows back a year of two ago in one of them eco drip ring systems. I did a Church that got 4+ foot. Hard thing is plant support. I'll say this for the eco grow, it did have a reciever for pvc around the lips on the pot section. Sayed that plant. She was hella top heavy Dude if this herb is up to par I just did a 8ozer and she didn't get big. 3+ foot. And was a dream to grow and trim. Great production plant.
Well Dude looks like you are going to be up and growing soon. Keepem Green

Thanks for the compliment Wood!
After 3 kids going through this house and 3 dogs as well all the carpeting in this house will be replaced.
I don't think i'll have too many issues with the plants getting too top heavy. i have 5ft tomato cages that will go over the plants when the time becomes right.
I have a few plants that I'd like to get from you vendor. one is the cripit.

love your new grow room, hate the carpet, dirt/germ central!

what kinda veg cycle do you plan on in a room that size?
do you plan on growing them as big as they can get now and later getting more pots and shrinking veg time a little?

I would have liked to have gotten pond liner for the room but I just ran out of money to do that.

I plan on vegging them at least 5 weeks and maybe even 6.

I have tried cramming the plants together and the problem with that is the lower branches get no light at all no matter how much you defoliate them. This last grow I just harvested was a perfect example of this. Had all the bud sites gotten the light they could have I would have doubled my harvest easily!

The next step in my plan is building a veg room where thats the only plan for that room...veggin :)

Hi Alaskan1 -

It's going to be a jungle in there! I love the idea of putting the reservoir in the closet, especially if you can curtain it off from the light/heat of the room. White vinyl or something similar over the carpet would be a great but perhaps pricey upgrade. I like the fan on the shelf in the corner too. Good job being detailed and careful with the zip ties on the plugs at the end of each run. Should help avoid a flooding disaster... Have you ever thought of staggering your pots to fill the gaps better, perhaps?

Nice job, great pics and description of what you have going on. Everything looks great! + Rep

Hey X, thanks for the rep!!!

Yeah, I got the idea of putting some panda plastic up for a cover to the closet. Not sure it will help much though. Worth a shot even if it helps a few degrees
If i had the money i'd replace the carpet with vinyl but no money to do so.

I actually have a plan to stagger the pots next grow in this room. I will compare a few things and see which direction I stay with after the two grows. For comparision sake I will grow the exact same plants in the same pots and see which works better.

your room looks real nice man, exactly what im shooting for. i like the place for your res, if it ever got warm I would wrap the whole thing once in black poly, then do the other side with white poly to reflect light, but your shit looks so good so just keep doing what you doing bro lol

Thanks UG!!
I may be doing some panda plastic to enclose the closet.

Movers don't allow you to cover more space with the lights you have. It still comes down to watts per square foot. If you use a mover to cover 2x the area, your plants are getting 1/2 the watts per sq ft. I use movers to only move about 1 to 1.5 feet to eliminate shading. I still figure 4x4 for 1000 watts, 2 lamps covers 4x8, 3 covers 4x12. Works out to about 62 watts/sq ft. One mover shifts the light(s) 1 foot one way and 1 foot back.

Movers are nice to have, but climate controls are the priority, temp, humidity and air exchange (or CO2), not necessarily in that order.

I agree 100%. Very happy to see ya here OG13!!!

Ok, so when the lights came on inside the room tonight i went in to lay down the panda plastic on top of the hydroton of my plants
IMG_076813.JPG

While i was doing that a light bulb came on and i was hit with an idea like a bolt of lightening!. I have a 8 in duct bringing cold ass air into the room!!! :idea:

I took the duct and pointed it right at the res. in 4 hours the res temp dropped from 72 to 68 and it's still dropping while cooling the room!!
IMG_076916.JPG

Looking amazing in there! Can't wait to have a whole room I can devote to growing.

One would think it's great but, Now I have to listen to my wife about how she has lost her house to the plants! 3 rooms and the garage are now taken over by plants lol
We are now shooting for a gram per watt. That's a lot of cannabis!

Back
Top Bottom