AK1 Grows Indicas with JD Lightings

yep, I understand this time. Removed all of CAPS connections inside the box, recrimped all the connections and retightend all the connections. Seems to be working right now. No blown fuses in the last 4 hours. Currently running it half hour on and half hour off.

Really happy with the temps in the room. They hold at a steady 75 or 76

Been working all night sterlizing the flo n gro system that will go into this room. Been busy as hell all night. Hopefully by mid week we should have a grow on our hands!!!

2 for 2 on the badly wired CAP systems? Hmmmm... Are you now safely running all 4 lights?

Waiting patiently. Next words out your mouth, or off your keys should be they held GL Keepem Green

is it working?

Ya know I think I bought 10/3 wire you should be good. :wood: or maybe I'm f-uked 2. I think, I fired up all 6 at 1 time.

I'm not saying anything about the lights until I know for sure 100% lol

Wanted to seal the door so there was 100% air tight and no light leakage
IMG_075416.JPG

IMG_075313.JPG

Well as long as they fire dude. Hope the stay on.
Well here's them strains I was talking about. I know its along time to spring but you might wanna start looking. I got this from HT about seeds usable up in the northern areas. Look into Grizzly seeds for one. I'd post the vendor but 420 frowns on it. Here's what it says;
Jumbo Grizzly Indoor / Outdoor Selectively bred strain for larger plants 1lb. +! based on March 21st start, 6-8 ft. height. This is the big one. Large, massive colas. Vigorous treelike structure Ideal for northern outdoor climates Indoor flowering Harvest outdoor Sept. 21- Oct. 7 at 50 NL
Hell I kind of want that one myself. You know me relaying this info is going to cause me to buy more seeds......
Ok another is Texas Timewarp. These are way up there strains that should finish in anyones time frame.
Texada Timewarp (mostly Sativa) is commonly used outdoors strain in British Columbia and also well known worldwide. It is hardy marijuana strain and low-maintenance. Texada Timewarp grows big and produces piney fruity tasting buds. Mature mid-late September with a good yield and great high.
Indoor / Outdoor: Outdoor growing
Type: Mostly Sativa
Flowering Time: 8 - 9 Weeks
Harvest Date: Mid - Late September

Another thought Mighty Mite. It's kind of a auto flower. This guy up in Canada worked with his outdoor weed and thru selective cultivation he grew out plants that flower alot earlier, You can harvest mid to late August. Here's another I want to look into, Iranian G13. Suppose to be something special.
There are alot of strains out there. Damn near anyone who ever pulled a seed out of thier buds claims to have a new strain. It's really hard for me to trust a name, but the proof's in the pudding. It's either good weed bad weed or better weed. Well GL with the lites and I'll be looking back soon Keepem Green

looks like it took a 60 amp breaker to solve the issue

Ya know some of this don't make sense. you cut the amps in 1/2 by going to 220v. It must be the 10/3 wire being 50ft or the Ballasts?

I checked my wire and its stamped 8-2 600v. I wired both control boxes with it. I remember, I almost bought the 10/3 wire

When I replace my magnetic ballasts I think I'll steer away from JDL. lumitek all the way.

Ya know some of this don't make sense. you cut the amps in 1/2 by going to 220v. It must be the 10/3 wire being 50ft or the Ballasts?

I checked my wire and its stamped 8-2 600v. I wired both control boxes with it. I remember, I almost bought the 10/3 wire

When I replace my magnetic ballasts I think I'll steer away from JDL. lumitek all the way.

It's not the wire it's the ballasts. Apparently they need a lot of room to pop on. I would buy and will buy JDL again. just wasn't aware that it would take a 60amp breaker. They have an awesome hood and these ballasts run so cool you don't even know they are on I swear.
So, light problem solved. All the wiring is warm, luke warm to the touch so I think we are ok.

Started working on getting tent 3 into the garage so this will be the mothers new home. Sprayed the whole place with home defense. After this gets all done i'll get started working on the new veg room. We are still a couple of weeks away from that being operational. Should have the new room going by thursday.

It's not the wire it's the ballasts. Apparently they need a lot of room to pop on. I would buy and will buy JDL again. just wasn't aware that it would take a 60amp breaker. They have an awesome hood and these ballasts run so cool you don't even know they are on I swear.
So, light problem solved. All the wiring is warm, luke warm to the touch so I think we are ok.

Started working on getting tent 3 into the garage so this will be the mothers new home. Sprayed the whole place with home defense. After this gets all done i'll get started working on the new veg room. We are still a couple of weeks away from that being operational. Should have the new room going by thursday.

god forbid they do something clever like have a delayed start while they fill up a capacitor to discharge the extra amps needed over their running rate of amps oO

I've been using magnetic ballasts for near 30 years. They have come along ways, firing both MH and HPS, even work on 110/220. I might, depends on pricing, get digital next time. I can see where a adjustable ballast is easier than the old ton of bricks magnetic. When you get them really hot days outside you could lower the wattage. I keep a 600 watt ballast in my flower room on the wall. Incase it gets super hot outside. Sweet you got them up and growing. Well a leason learned for me. If it should start with whatever if you going to buy one get the larger unit. Seem true with everything. I buy a 600 lite, it works great till 3 months later. Should've gotten the 1000. Ok Dude time to get growing there. Keepem Green

Dude I'm so glad this worked out for ya. I know it was a pain but it was a necessity. I'm just partial to Lumitek, I know nothing about the JDL's no 1 should base their opinion because of my remark. I sure they are a fine product.

But what I really want to know about is that controller. Where you got yours from did they have to order it? Was it back ordered? can they get me 1? How long would I have 2 wait?

:peace:

i love my jdl ballast's i have 2 600s a buddy has a 1k rig and we both agree the jdl 600 set to 110% seems every bit as bright as his 1k, im sure on a meter its not, but the way they run so cool,have the soft start with dimming is awesome my buddy wants to trade me his 1k for one of my 600s no way i said i have a few others but they just sit collecting dust, you can just tell when you handle one thats its quality craftsmanship and parts, just my 2 cents

Back
Top Bottom