Alafornia's 1st Time Multistrain Medical Grow

OK great! I thought it might be Charlotte’s Web. That great that she has access to that. By all reports its a very high quality med.

It is. I am fortunate to be able to get it for her. That 2018 farm bill was a Godsend. Before that people were literally being arrested (just days before it became law and the AL AG had to issue a release saying it was now legal). I long for the day when ALL cannabis is legal in a similar (or preferably better) manner.

Stalks are greening up on the clones.

BTW, interesting that the clones may produce less. I guess it makes sense though.

Haven’t done a soundtrack in a while. Today’s is RATM, Tool, and Van Halen.

Ended up getting 8/12 plants across the finish line. PWM got both MH1s and both WRs.

Wedding Cake final weight: 76.4 grams or 2.7 oz.

Final total harvest weight 449.5 grams or 15.86 oz - slightly less than 1lb. I am slightly disappointed in this go around since the first harvest produced so well.

That said, still not bad and we got some good medicine out of it. I had to overcome being quite ill for several weeks and we're fortunate I didn't kill all the plants. @Tangled loves the OG Kush. She describes it as smooth and balanced both in smoking and in effect. She coughs very little compared to the dispensary stuff she's had. She is excited that Wedding Cake is finally dry and should be able to put it to use within a few days. She's also enjoying the SWK and NL. There's no danger of running out any time soon. :D

Things I learned:

Stay healthy. Gotta be healthy to do all of this work.

Don't bite off more than you can chew. 12 plants was too much even if not sick.

Water appropriately. I'll reference the first two in the list. If the plants dry out in flower it's not good. Keep the water coming!

Air flow! I let the prefilter on the exhaust get pretty dirty. This decreased airflow somewhat and may have contributed to the PM we faced.

Be careful to maintain a "sterile" environment. Clean pots. Clean the tent. Clean the floors. Clean the humidifier. There were times I couldn't do much of anything and that played a huge role. I am going to begin a regimen of running used soil through a peroxide soaking and then replenish good flora before returning to the compost bin.

This is more pertaining to the current grow and the root rot faced in the veg tent and also related to the previous issue, but assure adequate drainage for the soil. I figured out that I need more perlite for drainage and to prevent caking of the soil which leads to spots difficult to get wet and difficult to dry and oxygenate. So I bought some perlite and will need to mix it with my soil. I believe this will improve the soil a good bit.

Still a good harvest and several lessons learned. Also, just shy of 1 lb ain't bad, considering.

The only reason there is no plant in flower is that they are still recovering. The OG Kush CBD and the two Blueberry clones are about ready but I'm waiting on the purple stalks to green up a bit more, as they've been doing since I was able to win the root rot battle. They were stressed and it literally showed. I'm trying to make myself wit another week as I feel they will be healthier then when I put them in flower and that will improve production.

The MH1, SWK, WC, and Big Bud clones are all a bit behind the others. I did not top Big Bud so that one may get interesting (for me).

I have several small clones and hope to give few away.

I'm going to need to plant another OG Kush, but I'd like to do a comparative between the Reserva Privada I grew this time and the Dinafem OG Kush I have.

Still have a few strains I haven't planted yet including GG#4, White Widow, and Purple Haze. They can wait for now.

Hopefully the world will tilt back onto its proper axis soon, but I have my doubts about that. Regardless, we are resilient people.

Be safe and be well. Be medicated. Be high. Be yourself. Be kind.
Thank you is was a very interesting post to read. It has all the nitty info that's actually needed. Sounds like a helluva harvest though and I can imagine 12 plants being chaos at the best of times.

The OG Kush I grew sadly did not finish up like I expected and came out rather wispy. The tatse and smoke so far is incredible. Not too much of a bang but a nice mellow.

I watched the documentary on CW... Super sad to watch but really uplifting to see how the developed the strain for her.

Wish you all the best brother

Tough audience today.
Lol no kidding....

Normally Sara’s all “great job!” “Looking awesome!”

not this time.... are you sure you didn’t cut her off on the highway going into work? (She’s on the other end of the world)

Thanks, BLS.

I'm targeting Tuesday for opening up the flower tent again.
That’s exciting!! :popcorn: :high-five:

Lol no kidding....

Normally Sara’s all “great job!” “Looking awesome!”

not this time.... are you sure you didn’t cut her off on the highway going into work? (She’s on the other end of the world)

That’s exciting!! :popcorn: :high-five:

Bottom line: I'm just glad I was able to save those plants. Could have easily turned out different. I've limited training as I wait for them to heal but still had to bend them some because they are so big.

I do need to either repair the zipper on the 5x5 tent or replace it. That's an interesting twist in the plot. :D

I am itching badly to get them into flower. The purple stalks and stems are almost all green now. I hope I don't have to push it back past Tuesday. We shall see.

interesting that the clones may produce less
So it’s about roots.

You could easily get more from a clone than its seed mom if you veg it long enough. From seed a plant has to mature before flowering so it has however many roots it’s grown while getting there, usually a lot! A clone is already mature so needs time to build as many roots.

Bigger roots bigger flowers

If you get less yield than you want or expect from a clone, then I’d take as an indication that it needed to veg a little longer.
:Namaste:

So it’s about roots.

You could easily get more from a clone than its seed mom if you veg it long enough. From seed a plant has to mature before flowering so it has however many roots it’s grown while getting there, usually a lot! A clone is already mature so needs time to build as many roots.

Bigger roots bigger flowers

If you get less yield than you want or expect from a clone, then I’d take as an indication that it needed to veg a little longer.
:Namaste:

IIRC about 4 months so far on these so maybe they will have a better yield.

The stalks and stems are turning green. The plants are healing. Tuesday may be ambitious. If I have to wait a week I’m ok with that. The younger plants look great.

I'm glad you're on the mend and the plants are as well! As Amy said, it's a tough row to hoe with all those plants and barely any energy to get up to pee.
Final total harvest weight 449.5 grams or 15.86 oz - slightly less than 1lb. I am slightly disappointed in this go around since the first harvest produced so well.
I'd call that excellent, all things considered. :welldone:
Stay healthy. Gotta be healthy to do all of this work.
Good idea. Nice if you can manage it ;).
Still a good harvest and several lessons learned. Also, just shy of 1 lb ain't bad, considering.
Not too shabby at all.
I feel like I've been recovering since March. Whatever we had was something different. @Tangled has good meds. The boys have good meds (now to get the younger one to take his!). The dogs have good medicine. Work is good. We are seeing some improvement with the boy, but it's still a struggle. Seems like it always will be. I just hope he can get his head set right. My biggest worry is them being able to stand on their own. I hope they will have each other as well.
All great news! I'm so happy to hear your boys are in a good place. Not to mention you, Tangled, and your mom!
My mom saw her neurologist recently and scored 28/30 on her dementia "test". She has gone down to the high teens before her CW CBD caps really kicked in. The stuff is amazing for what it's done for her.
Do you know the dosing on the capsules? I'm curious because the CBD didn't seem to do much for my dad, so I wonder if I should recommend higher dosages to others.
A few pics:
Those Durban buds are beautiful! I may have mentioned that I'm looking forward to a smoke report when you give them a try. I'm planning on dropping one for the fall grow, but I remember Archiweedies saying he found his to be pretty mild.
:thanks: Amy, great analysis!

Bottom line: I'm just glad I was able to save those plants. Could have easily turned out different. I've limited training as I wait for them to heal but still had to bend them some because they are so big.

I do need to either repair the zipper on the 5x5 tent or replace it. That's an interesting twist in the plot. :D

I am itching badly to get them into flower. The purple stalks and stems are almost all green now. I hope I don't have to push it back past Tuesday. We shall see.
On your next grow, would you consider growing them different? Like top them as soon as you can? Then train out a quad or hexline? There’s nothing wrong with the way your growing them, just curious.

that wasn’t a mars hydro tent was it? If I remember correctly you went with a different brand? I hear the zippers on Mars hydro tents are no different.

I'm glad you're on the mend and the plants are as well! As Amy said, it's a tough row to hoe with all those plants and barely any energy to get up to pee.

I'd call that excellent, all things considered. :welldone:

Good idea. Nice if you can manage it ;).

Not too shabby at all.

All great news! I'm so happy to hear your boys are in a good place. Not to mention you, Tangled, and your mom!

Do you know the dosing on the capsules? I'm curious because the CBD didn't seem to do much for my dad, so I wonder if I should recommend higher dosages to others.

Those Durban buds are beautiful! I may have mentioned that I'm looking forward to a smoke report when you give them a try. I'm planning on dropping one for the fall grow, but I remember Archiweedies saying he found his to be pretty mild.

:thanks: Amy, great analysis!

Thank you, Shed. I know you've been busy so thank you for taking time out of your day.

I guess losing four plants and still harvesting 1 lb is pretty good. I'll take it!

Things were pretty dark for a while. I am quite relieved with the improvements, but we aren't quite where we need to be yet.

They have the CBD oil capsules labeled as 15 mg. At one time the label said 30 before going down, and now the higher dose capsules are labeled 25 mg. I'm not certain if the method for labeling changed or if the actual dose changed but it was always the high dose CBD oil caps (well, it was powder caps then changed to the oil caps so maybe that was part of the changing levels). I'll also say that there were many "moving parts" RE my mom, but the improvement's timing was closely related to the intro and increases in dosing (three times a day, finally). I'd advise starting once a day and titrate upwards in 3-7 day intervals. Since we know the pharma version (epidiolex) maxes out at 20mg/kg/day in divided doses we will stay far under that in almost every case and the full spectrum is of added benefit vs pure extract CBD. So, 75mg/day is not all that high a dose and one could go even higher if needed. I'd recommend checking medication interactions and communicating with your health provider to anyone doing this. Some may need dose adjustments and labs.

The report on Durban Poison: You see the nugs. Beautiful. Fairly dense, but surprisingly light. Grinds up easily. I think the odor is like lemon pledge. Tangled says more like an art studio - some mix of chemical solvents (varnish, linseed, mineral spirits). Not a harsh or offensive odor at all - actually quite pleasant. As for effects, the report is very clear-headed but not overly energetic. Calming, pain relieving. Somewhat of a creeper. Not recommended for sleep but if produced to be higher in CBN (taken later) then may eventually bring on sleep. To lessen that effect take earlier in flower with fewer ambers. No jitters, no tingly headbands or heavy body - just calming, relaxing, pain relieving. Someone looking for those former effects may be disappointed or consider it mild, but a great daytime strain with which one may still be productive. Happy, calming, relaxing, pain relieving, clear-headed. That's my interpretation anyway.

On your next grow, would you consider growing them different? Like top them as soon as you can? Then train out a quad or hexline? There’s nothing wrong with the way your growing them, just curious.

that wasn’t a mars hydro tent was it? If I remember correctly you went with a different brand? I hear the zippers on Mars hydro tents are no different.

The 5x5 tent is an ipower. The zipper was a pain from day one. Now I can only get unzipped halfway across the bottom because the teeth moved out of place. (that tent also has multiple small pinholes/light leaks) The oppolite/topolite tents (5x10 flower and 3x3 for drying) don't have the same problems at all.

When I began I was intent on quadlining or scrogging. With some coaching I decided to try a more natural approach and LST and it worked well. I may try those at some point.

Back
Top Bottom