All Organic High Brix

Holy Cow this is amazing!!! Ive never heard of high brix till now and its look like the way to go. Great work DocBud, quick question about this soil mix ive seen good quality light mix potting soil with perlite.
blood ,bone ,fish meal
Planter II traces
Garden lime
Epsom salts
Gypsum
Liquid humus

Would that stuff work in Fox Farm Ocean Forest or would that make the soil to hot? Sorry if this is a silly question, still reading up on all this.

Holy Cow this is amazing!!! Ive never heard of high brix till now and its look like the way to go. Great work DocBud, quick question about this soil mix ive seen good quality light mix potting soil with perlite.
blood ,bone ,fish meal
Planter II traces
Garden lime
Epsom salts
Gypsum
Liquid humus

Would that stuff work in Fox Farm Ocean Forest or would that make the soil to hot? Sorry if this is a silly question, still reading up on all this.

Yes, those things would certainly work. Also, be reallyl careful that "Garden Lime" isn't dolomite lime. You want calcium carbonate, or limestone.

Yes, those things would certainly work. Also, be reallyl careful that "Garden Lime" isn't dolomite lime. You want calcium carbonate, or limestone.

Thanks, now i will search out the right amounts i need for a good mix. Im just starting to have a MAG deficiency in my 3rd week of flower, and think if i go with a setup like above for next round i might not have that issue. I guess i will try epsom salt for now.

Time to read all your journals.

Thanks, now i will search out the right amounts i need for a good mix. Im just starting to have a MAG deficiency in my 3rd week of flower, and think if i go with a setup like above for next round i might not have that issue. I guess i will try epsom salt for now.

Time to read all your journals.

until you get your soil issues sorted out, foliar feeding cal/mag is a good idea. You can mix it with some compost tea.

I've struggled with Mag def's in organic soil too. I found that after mineralizing the soil, you get rid of that def.

until you get your soil issues sorted out, foliar feeding cal/mag is a good idea. You can mix it with some compost tea.

I've struggled with Mag def's in organic soil too. I found that after mineralizing the soil, you get rid of that def.

I will head to my local shop and ask about that cal/mag spray. As for the tea thats kinda out of my league for now.

I have got a mag def in bio soil hadn't thought of cal/mag in a foliar
Thanks for some more sound advice

Hey Doc,

I have been lurking in the shadows and reading your organic Brix grow.

I found a book by Julius Hensel. He is widely considered as the father of
the soil mineralization movement. he published a book; " Bread From Stones: A New
And Rational System Of Land Fertilization And Physical Regeneration (1894)".
His work in Germany in the mid-to-late 1800’s demonstrated the effectiveness
of adding finely ground stonemeal as a soil amendment and fertilizer.

This book deeply influenced the whole life-focus of Albert Carter Savage.
Additionally, Hensel’s section on the benefits of stonemeal on plants became
the foundation that Dr. Reams used to develop his concept of brix and
nutrient density

The other individual who made significant contribution to the concept of mineralized
soil was Dr. William Albrecht. Albrecht proved over and over the supreme role calcium played.

four-bases-of-soil-mineralization-350.jpg

To achieve this requires a properly functioning soil. Mineralized soil has
4 basic areas that need to be addressed. To help group each area I have
placed them on a diagram shaped like a baseball diamond. 1st base refers
to Soil Energy, 2nd base to Foundational Minerals, 3rd base to Humus and
Biology, and 4th base to Trace Elements.

I know you said you have adjusting the mixture as need be.and thought I would
pass on the information from the Originator of the Brix system.

I just happened to be reading about mineralized soil when I came across the info on Brix.

Anyway I will agree with other's by saying Your plants have something no other grow has
shown thus far.
Im curious as to how thick the leaves are? I love the fact they have heavy wax. Natural Pest control.

Still waiting on the smoke report. I'll be following the rest of your grow and still have a few more
pages to finish on your Journal.

:goodjob:

(420 needs a Brix emmy)

Hey Doc,

I have been lurking in the shadows and reading your organic Brix grow.

I found a book by Julius Hensel. He is widely considered as the father of
the soil mineralization movement. he published a book; " Bread From Stones: A New
And Rational System Of Land Fertilization And Physical Regeneration (1894)".

His work in Germany in the mid-to-late 1800’s demonstrated the effectiveness
of adding finely ground stonemeal as a soil amendment and fertilizer.

I know you said you have adjusting the mixture as need be.and thought I would
pass on the information from the Originator of the Brix system.

I just happened to be reading about mineralized soil when I came across the info on Brix.

Anyway I will agree with other's by saying Your plants have something no other grow has
shown thus far.
Im curious as to how thick the leaves are? I love the fact they have heavy wax. Natural Pest control.

Still waiting on the smoke report. I'll be following the rest of your grow and still have a few more
pages to finish on your Journal.

:goodjob:

(420 needs a Brix emmy)

Thanks bro! I've already posted much of the info you shared here, but people are always asking, so I'm glad you chimed in!

I'm reading the same stuff you are!
Here are some pics of what I hope is my worst grow in a long time. They're decent....don't get me wrong, but as I've said before, I made a few mistakes.

I'll tell ya what, once you run out of gas with this High Brix stuff things go downhill pretty quickly. Large pots and stay on top of feeding the soil!
Picture_001125.jpg

Picture_002121.jpg

Picture_003121.jpg

Picture_005105.jpg

Picture_00694.jpg

Picture_00779.jpg

Picture_00875.jpg

Picture_01071.jpg

Picture_01265.jpg

Picture_01352.jpg

Picture_01452.jpg

Picture_01545.jpg

Picture_01633.jpg

Picture_01736.jpg

Doc,

My friend pointed out to me that my eyes have been very glossy lately. And after looking in the mirror after a few hits, he's right.

I normally get a little red eye from smoking, but this stuff is making my eyes reeeeeally glassy.

Is it a result of the high brix weed, or the potency that I am bringing out of these strains?

I owe my increase in my quality to you. :Namaste:

Green Poison organic
Green_Poison_bud_dry_1.jpg

Critical+ OC+
Critical_bud_dry_3.jpg

Doc,

My friend pointed out to me that my eyes have been very glossy lately. And after looking in the mirror after a few hits, he's right.

I normally get a little red eye from smoking, but this stuff is making my eyes reeeeeally glassy.

Is it a result of the high brix weed, or the potency that I am bringing out of these strains?

I owe my increase in my quality to you. :Namaste:

Green Poison organic
Green_Poison_bud_dry_1.jpg

Critical+ OC+
Critical_bud_dry_3.jpg

It couldn't be that freakin' gorgeous weed you grew that's making your eyes red.....nawww!

Bro, you're producing elite quality! You should be very proud of yourself!

The best part for me is that you're using OC+ and High Brix methods...not stupid, overpriced, Rasta-tatted bottles of salts!

Hey Doc,

Just wanted to reply on the Brix subject. I finally think I been able to locate a good Mineralized soil , from Mastery Nurserys . Have you heard of Black Forrest or Bumper Crop from them ? They are in Cali.

My Berry Bomb grow is not going so good, almost all the plants are male, good to know now. I still have a few more to show. I wanted to ask you what you thought about composting the plants instead of just trashing them. I had them on BPN 3 part elite. If I compost them will the nutes harm the new soil?

Any way great grow and system. Thanks for allowing us to become a part of all your efforts. I personally appreciate it very much.
Cant wait for the smoke report.:bravo:

Doc,

thanks for the fine compliments.

I am proud and want to show more people locally how good this stuff is, but it's for personal use and only a hand full of people get any.

At least I get to share some photos with some other growers.

Doc,

thanks for the fine compliments.

I am proud and want to show more people locally how good this stuff is, but it's for personal use and only a hand full of people get any.

At least I get to share some photos with some other growers.

I hear ya! I wish I could open a 'buddery' like a winery except for all things Cannabis instead of great tasting alcohol. I want the world to smoke my weed! Well, maybe not the world, but how about the city? County?

I tell ya what, if you share some of that around it won't be long till you are asked to grow something for someone. Those are very nice buds by any standard. I'm sure the feedback from those who get your weed is pretty good.

Hey Doc,

Just wanted to reply on the Brix subject. I finally think I been able to locate a good Mineralized soil , from Mastery Nurserys . Have you heard of Black Forrest or Bumper Crop from them ? They are in Cali.

My Berry Bomb grow is not going so good, almost all the plants are male, good to know now. I still have a few more to show. I wanted to ask you what you thought about composting the plants instead of just trashing them. I had them on BPN 3 part elite. If I compost them will the nutes harm the new soil?

Any way great grow and system. Thanks for allowing us to become a part of all your efforts. I personally appreciate it very much.

Sounds like you're on the right track! I don't think composting the plants will do any harm, if you know how to do such things go for it.

Smoke report? I thought I did that a few pages back. Well, it just so happens I had a few hits of the Lemon Paki a half hour ago. I'm in the perfect frame of mind for a smoke report!

Visual appeal: Stunning. Light green/gray with reddened pistils and visible trichomes everywhere in great number. One of the frostiest nugs you can see, especially now that it's cured.

Smell: initially OG Kush with more lemon comes to mind. It's very aromatic but gets sweeter if you bruise it or grind it. Grinding enough for a joint will stink up the whole house. Now, as it cures, it takes on a bit more of a fuel like smell that is very, very subtle. It smells like a plant resin.....that describes it! Think of surfboard resin and then pretend a plant made something like that except it's not toxic.

Burn: Takes a couple good pulls to get it lit. It stays lit for a long time and burns kind of like hash. A bowl full in a 15 inch bong takes me about 7 hits to clear. I've grown some stuff I could clear in one huge hit, or 2. Other stuff takes maybe 4 or 5 hits......the High Brix Lemon Paki? 7 or 8 hits. The smoke is very thick and lingers, it's great for blowing smoke rings.

Taste: The word steam comes to mind. It tastes likes steam, very little flavor at all. You can't even tell you're taking a hit. After getting over the shock of tasteless weed, you notice that the steam has a very subtle, lemony-weed taste and it makes your lips and tongue taste sweet. I've never tasted anything like this weed. People who try it say mixed things that range from: no flavor, to "Hands down the best weed I've ever had. I want a pound, name your price."

Me? I freakin' love it. I could smoke a cigar of it. In my opinion I think High Brix weed brings out subtleties and taste that aren't at all well known to the majority of smokers. Normal high grade weed can have a very strong flavor, which can be very enjoyable. Think of that like the bite on some homegrown moonshine by someone who knows what they're doing.

Compared to that, this Lemon Paki is like a 300 dollar single malt or even a very high end vodka. The flavor is very subdued and comes out more as you smoke it. No coughing, no ceiling, the more you smoke the better you feel.

I've got some full melt hash from the trim I've yet to try. It's truly a blond hash.

Effect: Starts off in the head, with a clear "clean brain" feel. It's like sunshine. The first couple minutes after smoking doesn't give any indication how strong it is. A half hour later you're plenty high. An hour later I'm just as high but my body is very relaxed. Not a tight muscle anywhere, and I can still type....except my mind is wandering.

The effect is lovely.....but my favorites are equatorial sativas.....so this isn't a heavy indica effect. I suspect this is how true Kush's are supposed to feel.

This weed does not get you stoned, it gets you high. To me, there's a difference.

So that's the smoke report. I suspect you'll hear similar things from the other High Brix guys. This is definitely different and in a major way. The smoke tastes so good I suspect a first time smoker would think it delicious. You just want the smoke to linger and roll off the tongue. There was never any urge to cough.

Hey Doc,

compost those plants bro! the nutrients in the leaves aren't in a form the plant can absorb immediately, they will need to be broken down in the soil, but it happens quite quickly. I discard my bulk trim in my soil bins, let them cook for about a month and there's no sign of any plant matter. The stems break down a lot slower, so if you cut them up it helps. Leaves will be gone in a few weeks. I've only seen great things from doing this.

Thanks OT, I did not thing there would be a problem, just asking to be sure. !st time indoor grow and was concerned with the nutes in the plant mostly.

:thanks:

I just added my minerals and watered with the Natures Own Tea for the first time. The tea came with 2 conflicting sets of instructions and I followed the ones that made the tea the strongest. Hopefully I didn't kill my babies!?!?!?

Waiting for either disaster to strike or amazing things to happen :bitingnails:

Thanks for all the info and advice Doc....

I just added my minerals and watered with the Natures Own Tea for the first time. The tea came with 2 conflicting sets of instructions and I followed the ones that made the tea the strongest. Hopefully I didn't kill my babies!?!?!?

Waiting for either disaster to strike or amazing things to happen :bitingnails:

Thanks for all the info and advice Doc....

No disasters are coming your way....only amazement.

RE: tea instructions

I believe one of them is for the hose end sprayer and the other for watering in general. I use the hose-end sprayer outdoors, in the greenhouse and in the vegetable garden. I've some yellow squash coming in that look like yellow jewells. Not a snail or bug in sight, no leaf damage.

Anyways, try to make the tea a bit weaker rather than a bit stronger. In other words, just dilute it more. It won't burn the plants or anything like that, but the microbes will eat up all your soil! The teas I made before using Nature's Own seemed fine at the time, but they weren't diluted at all, and they never ate up all the soil.

You'll see changes to the plant in a very short amount of time. In a week or two, you'll be standing in amazement at the incredible specimens grown by your own hand!

Keep me updated please!

Back
Top Bottom