AllSmiles - 2016 - Indoor - LED - Grow V

All of the strains seem to have responded well to the toppings and are branching out nicely. Started LST training on the girls. I just topped ASD yesterday above the 3rd node. Here they are at 33 days from seed. ASD is at 26 days.

IMG_424010.jpg
IMG_42447.jpg
IMG_42424.jpg
IMG_42414.jpg
IMG_42467.jpg
IMG_42517.jpg
IMG_42497.jpg
IMG_42475.jpg

The older girls are around 8" tall with the LST. I'm going to take 2 cuttings each from the bottom branches of AK and 818 to make fem pollen. They are just long enough for me to cut now but going to wait 2 more days. I'll probably switch to flower light cycle next week. Hope you enjoy the pics. Setting up my veg tent now so ASD can veg longer.

I was going to say similar carestaker. 6 pots and 6 strains...I applaud your ambition. Most I've done in a 6-plant setup is 3.

But they all look lush and healthy. Carry on. :cool:

They are all so different, you're going to have a great stash when you're done. Bubbs is looking like it wants to get huge. WW is super sharp, and that AK is looking serious too. Great bunch of tweeners, Can't wait to see how they all flower. My ASE is hard to manage atm. ;)
Nothing gets past you bro! Pretty much nailed it with your observations from the pics. Bub wants to get tall. AK and WW are just as vigorous but tighter nodes. AI wasn't done any justice with the pic. She is just as vigorous as well but super tight nodes and extremely bushy. She really responded well with the topping as the branches are just shooting out. I have her tied down 4 times to try and help spread her out. Pretty happy with Nirvana (AI, WW, Bub). All the good reviews from them are confirmed here. Everything I've grown from Serious previously has been top notch too so wasn't surprised to see AK doing great out the gates. They should finish strong as long as I do my job. :high-five:

I was going to say similar carestaker. 6 pots and 6 strains...I applaud your ambition. Most I've done in a 6-plant setup is 3.

But they all look lush and healthy. Carry on. :cool:
Thanks Gov! Sometimes my ambition gets me in trouble but its always worth it in the end no matter the outcome. As long as you learn and take something away from it :):high-five:

Did some more work on the flower room and thought I'd share. My inline fan is pretty loud and I was wanting to upgrade to something more quiet but didn't want to waste a good fan. There was a board laying around in my garage so decided to cut it up and in case the fan in it to lower the sound some. Here's what it looks like.

IMG_42536.jpg
IMG_42547.JPG
IMG_42556.jpg

I'd say it lowered the noise level by about 50% :)

If you have some "egg crate" foam laying around in that garage, you can stuff some of that in there too. The fan mfg's have blanket-like contraptions they offer as sound deadeners, though I can't speak on their efficacy.

If you have some "egg crate" foam laying around in that garage, you can stuff some of that in there too. The fan mfg's have blanket-like contraptions they offer as sound deadeners, though I can't speak on their efficacy.
Nope. None of that laying around. I might have to pick some up and give that a try though. I want to stuff that box with something to see if I can't lower the noise some more. Maybe some old shirts or something.
That bubblelicious looks amazing! The blankets are effective for sound deadening, very similar to dynamat but without the adhesive backing.
Thanks! Can't wait to see her bloom.

I didn't even think to wrap them around a blanket. I'll have to do that in my veg tent. The flower tent with the box is pretty tight so may stuff some old clothing in empty spaces where they may fit.

Hey Smiles, it's been a while. How ya been? Still up to the same old stuff eh?
You plants are looking nice and healthy. Subbed.
Cheers ;)
Hey Stealth! It has been a while. Good to hear from you again. Hope all is good with ya!

I'm doing good brother. Same ol stuff here man. Not all over the place like I use to be and just keeping at it. Just trying to grow some quality herb. Didn't realize you got a new journal up. Not so stealth? Haha, gotta go check it out. Be right over.

AllSmiles your plants look great! Super lush and a nice green. :thumb:

Thanks STIHL! They are coming along my man. It's getting fun now!

Girls are coming along nicely. We are now at day 37 from seed. Day 30 for ASD. The ones in the front row are going to look better because of the angle of how I have to take the pics. I'm getting lazy and didn't want to move them around for the photo shoot :)

IMG_42577.jpg
IMG_42724.jpg
IMG_427013.JPG
IMG_42595.jpg
IMG_42607.jpg
IMG_426410.jpg
IMG_42687.jpg
IMG_42667.jpg

Going to give them their first feeding tomorrow and lightly lollipop them which is something new for me. Thinking of trimming away anything within 4-5 inches of main stem before going into flower. I'm thinking of topping the 2 main tops again too. Switching to flower on Thursday :slide: Nutrient line up will be General Organics. I'm not going to use the full lineup this time. Just BioThrive Grow and Bloom. I use RO so will also use CalMag. And then throw in some BioBud in the latter part of flowering.

Have a good weekend everyone. Going to head outside today and enjoy the unusual warm weather we are having. :peace::)

Great journal Allsmiles, looks like I'm just in time for the fireworks to start. You're quite the craftsman, that's a great box/room. Solid and very upgradeable, you've got some good design skills. I really enjoy seeing people's varying grow setups, so many great ideas.

Consider me subbed. Thanks for this morning's read :Namaste:

+reps, they all look great:thumb:
Thanks fopho! :Namaste:
Great journal Allsmiles, looks like I'm just in time for the fireworks to start. You're quite the craftsman, that's a great box/room. Solid and very upgradeable, you've got some good design skills. I really enjoy seeing people's varying grow setups, so many great ideas.
Consider me subbed. Thanks for this morning's read :Namaste:
Thanks for stopping by Snid! Appreciate the comments! There wasn't a good option out there to fit my space. Building that wall gave me a nice taylor made fit to utilize the entire space. Plus I saved some dough as the materials were pretty cheap. I'm with you, love seeing all the different types of grow setups from everyone.

Kickass update. ASD came along nicely, she's got perfect posture - she'll be beautiful. AI too, she's stout and sharp. Doesn't get any better than that the bunch you got going. With your feed schedule and nutes, you almost eliminate any chance of over/under feeding too - so I'm betting that we should all be able to enjoy some beautiful flowers soon enough. :high-five:

Great build Smiles! Love how it's all on wheels. Plants are looking super healthy! Should be a good crop for you. :)
Two ways to go about lollipopping. You can hit it now but personally I prefer to do it after the stretch. You never know where those bottom shoots will end up. With a bit of lst you can get them up and even with the rest. Pop by my journal if you'd like to see how I go about it for my scrog. :Namaste:

Kickass update. ASD came along nicely, she's got perfect posture - she'll be beautiful. AI too, she's stout and sharp. Doesn't get any better than that the bunch you got going. With your feed schedule and nutes, you almost eliminate any chance of over/under feeding too - so I'm betting that we should all be able to enjoy some beautiful flowers soon enough. :high-five:
That's the plan bro! The girls have really responded well to the first feeding of Grow I gave them yesterday. They are all reaching for the skies. Maybe I'll run down and take a quick pick to post. ASD has hit her stride. Started LST this morning on her.
Great build Smiles! Love how it's all on wheels. Plants are looking super healthy! Should be a good crop for you. :)
Two ways to go about lollipopping. You can hit it now but personally I prefer to do it after the stretch. You never know where those bottom shoots will end up. With a bit of lst you can get them up and even with the rest. Pop by my journal if you'd like to see how I go about it for my scrog. :Namaste:
Thanks JohnnyBlaze and Welcome man! I normally top above the 3rd or 4th nodes and have found in my grows that the very bottom shoots amount to nothing so I use those as clones or toss them. The next node up I'm cleaning anything near the stem. The top 2 nodes I'm leaving alone cause I find they shoot out nicely so I didn't touch them. We'll see how it goes. I'll have to stop by and check out your journal.

Thanks JohnnyBlaze and Welcome man! I normally top above the 3rd or 4th nodes and have found in my grows that the very bottom shoots amount to nothing so I use those as clones or toss them. The next node up I'm cleaning anything near the stem. The top 2 nodes I'm leaving alone cause I find they shoot out nicely so I didn't touch them. We'll see how it goes. I'll have to stop by and check out your journal.

My topping/pruning process is almost identical. No doubt my plants can be coaxed for more yield, but this process does fine for me. I don't like to bondage them or even prune off copious amounts of leaf. I top them and clean them up down low. That's about it.

Plants Looks Great Brotha Smiley :thumb:
Mahalo Brotha!

Can't help it. Gotta post another update. Decided to only top Bubs again on the 2 main tops as she is the most aggressive vegger. The others seem to be pretty even up top. I cleaned them all down below. They are all ready to go into flower Thursday :)
IMG_42876.jpg
IMG_42816.jpg
IMG_42768.jpg
IMG_42738.jpg
IMG_42844.jpg

Back
Top Bottom