Aphids harvested weed

There is no now what

Aphids on weed makes for ugly weed,, the bugs leave a complete mess behind. Indeed

A very good bud wash and dry then dont look at the weed when you smoke it

I just went thru an aphid batch in my indoor flower,room, aargh, what a mess

Karma sent friend

I sure appreciate your help. I think the bud wash is straight up, my best option. Otherwise I was thinking hash. Not really knowing if the aphids could get through the screen.
Not the best picture here but the things are almost see through. First time I've ever noticed them in any of my crop. I have used a microscope to check tricombs for a few years. This year I saw this monster on the screen.

Screenshot_20221002-125034.png

Hey @Michigan Made and welcome to the forum!

Yeah, maybe bud wash is your best bet. However... what quantity of buds are we talking about, and about how much of it has aphids on it? Are we talking lots and lots of aphids, or a few here and there?

I'd also like to see a clear photo of the bug itself. Can you remove one and put it on a contrasting background, so we can see it better?

RE: hash... trichomes are way smaller than aphids.

Welcome to the group.

I take it you harvested early and noticed aphids on the plants afterwards. Were these aphids on the plants earlier in the season?

We are going to need more info and a photo or two showing the aphids would help.
I was given a plant that had aphids on it. It was harvested and dried. It was hanging in a garage for a few weeks. I now have it hanging in my basement storage. I can't clean it now that it has dried. Is it safe to smoke?

I would guess it would be 'safe'. Aphids leave their skins behind as they molt.. ewwww

But I doubt that will hurt anyone

I personally wouldn't smoke aphid buds.
They leave their skins and also shit all over your plant so you pretty much smoke shitty buds. 😁
You can look up on YouTube the bud wash that Jorge Cervantes does for PM.
I've heard about people using it for washing aphids too.
I don't know if it works tho.
My advice will be cruel but honest...Sell it. 🤫😕

I was given a plant that had aphids on it. It was harvested and dried. It was hanging in a garage for a few weeks. I now have it hanging in my basement storage. I can't clean it now that it has dried. Is it safe to smoke?
Find out if they sprayed anything on it to try and get rid of them, and if so what they sprayed on it. Otherwise dried bugs not going to kill you, or least it never killed me.

Does it make a difference cause you know!?

Most street weed is full of bugs / sprays / and many other unmentionables.

Worst for me is rolling up a fatty..

From a medical dispensary.

Nice long hair hanging out of it. It ain't this bald old man's.

Gross.

Give me the bugs any day to smoke.

I would guess it would be 'safe'. Aphids leave their skins behind as they molt.. ewwww

But I doubt that will hurt anyone
I doubt it myself. If anything it might help bring up the smokers resistance to some of the living organisms flying around ;). Kind of like when doctors say that letting the kids play in the dirt in the back yard helps to develop resistance and immunity to some common childhood diseases.

A rinse or two with H2O2 should dissolve any fragile organic matter [exoskeletons, poop etc] and leave the resin intact
If it still isn't right I'd then water cure it for butter
I was also kicking around a "wash and rinse" as an option for those who might be squeamish about what might still be in the buds. Should it be a wash and two rinse method or something else? Can't decide so I am running though the options for drying any water that might soak in to the dry buds and plant material.

First question I have to ask myself is how dry are the buds at this point since someone else dried it in a garage for several weeks. Now it is hanging in the basement storage of the new owner. The longest I have gone between the time I trimmed a harvest and got around to doing a 'bud wash' was 4 days so the bud and sugar leaves were barely starting to dry out.

Other questions coming to mind. Will any trichomes break off these buds since the plant material is probably very dry? If they do then what can be done to save the project? Could it be turned into an "ice hash" project?

Does it make a difference cause you know!?

Most street weed is full of bugs / sprays / and many other unmentionables.

Worst for me is rolling up a fatty..

From a medical dispensary.

Nice long hair hanging out of it. It ain't this bald old man's.

Gross.

Give me the bugs any day to smoke.
Good question. Does it really make a difference once we know?

Got me to thinking that many of us swapped spit and more with someone or another. Didn't kill us though we might have thought that we were dying and going to heaven while experiencing hormonal overloads;).

I was also kicking around a "wash and rinse" as an option for those who might be squeamish about what might still be in the buds. Should it be a wash and two rinse method or something else? Can't decide so I am running though the options for drying any water that might soak in to the dry buds and plant material.

First question I have to ask myself is how dry are the buds at this point since someone else dried it in a garage for several weeks. Now it is hanging in the basement storage of the new owner. The longest I have gone between the time I trimmed a harvest and got around to doing a 'bud wash' was 4 days so the bud and sugar leaves were barely starting to dry out.

Other questions coming to mind. Will any trichomes break off these buds since the plant material is probably very dry? If they do then what can be done to save the project? Could it be turned into an "ice hash" project?
I just rinse in H2O2 solution a couple of times, until it stays clear and doesn't fizz any more
Still works fine even with 1 year old crispy crap

Important to use room temp water - too warm and the oil can stick together and not dry evenly; too cold, yes, the trich's become brittle and snap off

If it still tastes bad after drying, it goes in a pot to water cure all of taste out of it
Once the dirt is off the bud it's good, just won't taste of anything

Has anyone tried air pressure - could it be "dusted off" with an air gun and compresser!!! Not a death blast but something strong enough to dispatch dried up old aphids!! :hmmmm:
The buggers stick to the trichs, so prob same as washing you get some of them and the rest dry up with the drying process still stuck.

Find out if they sprayed anything on it to try and get rid of them, and if so what they sprayed on it. Otherwise dried bugs not going to kill you, or least it never killed me.
Thank you. As far as I was told they did not spray anything on the plant. It was shaken really hard and then dried out. It does not look as bad as the picture I saw on the chat. I will give it a try and see how it tastes. :)

Back
Top Bottom