Arctic Bowl's 1st Ever Attempt At A Grow Journal

Thanks for the links AB! I've got some reading to do now.

Arctic, I'll let the pros answer your question but I don't think they look all that bad and possibly getting old enough for their first diluted solution of nutes....?

You can post more than one pic per post, just click on each pic you want to post. I like to then put 5 or 6 spaces between pics so they don't run together. Also show us some pics of your set up.

Rock on!

:theband:

Good read for sure AB thank you. We are chicken to just add any nuets with them so young but it sure could be that they need a little light feeding. Think we will hold off and see if a few others will chime in with some insight as well. We have looked at some photo charts and mostly looks like a zink or copper shortage but, we are not qualified to make that call in any way, shape or form.

Have you given them a feeding yet? What are the temps and RH? I think it's too early to have anything like a zinc or copper deficiency. She either needs a feeding or it's something environmental, would be my guess

They have been getting watered every morning with like a cup size amount. Temps are in mid 70's to low 80's RH has been 45-55%. We have the fox farm line up that we are planing to use???? They have not been given anything except water that has a air stone running 24/7 PH at 6.3-6.4 range.
In veg you want them to have a good wet dry Cycle. By that I mean is soak them then let them dry out completely. Then water. I have a thread in my signature that is all about over watering. It is very common for first time growers to do so. You can physically lift them to see how dry they are our you can put them on a scale. Make sure you have a pot that is dry to know what a dry pot of dirt weighs.

Also since you have the fox farm line up, do you have a copy of their schedule? If so you could probably do 1/2 strength of the schedule or 1/4 strength what the big bloom and grow big.

Hope this helps.

image37220.jpg

I'm with Nis and the others. I don't know the fox farms medium or nutes at all, but they do look like they are hungry, including the Purple Kush. Any chance they are root bound already? Not sure how big these pots are, or if you're planning on transplanting or otherwise upsizing.

I'm with Nis and the others. I don't know the fox farms medium or nutes at all, but they do look like they are hungry, including the Purple Kush. Any chance they are root bound already? Not sure how big these pots are, or if you're planning on transplanting or otherwise upsizing.
They are 4" pots so almost a half gallon which is 6" right? I was thinking after the feed and good dry Cycle they should be transplanted.

Yes they are 4" pots. Jiffy pots I think they are called. We will give them a feeding in the morning. 1/4 strength at this point then? PH after adding in the nuets I'm reading?

Welcome all and thank you very much!!!!!! We were gun shy at adding anything so early. We have some #5 and #7 smart pots, would they be good to move them into or should we look for something else?

Yes they are 4" pots. Jiffy pots I think they are called. We will give them a feeding in the morning. 1/4 strength at this point then? PH after adding in the nuets I'm reading?

Welcome all and thank you very much!!!!!! We were gun shy at adding anything so early. We have some #5 and #7 smart pots, would they be good to move them into or should we look for something else?

We're using #5 fabric pots quite successfully with our autos.

Hello Arctic, happy frog is under amended unlike ocean forest. I'd start BB, GB, boomerang, microbe brew. As stated on feeding schedule. I'm seeing nute def's too on your plants.
Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

FFOF is hot, happy frog not so much which is why it was recommended to you since OF can burns plants fast. But no need to wait two weeks to start feeding. Oh, yeah I forgot to mention whole e mackerel as well to your first mix.

I'm a FF guy all the way if have questions.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks again!!!!! We were a bit nervous about adding anything at all for a while because we didn't want to mess things up. We will do a lite feed in the morning and see how they respond. I'm sure they will love it and we will start getting some new homes ready for these 4 girls. We also have some Great White Shark if that should be added to their new homes soil

Back
Top Bottom