Arjan's Haze #3 in Soil - LED/CFL

Re: Arjans Haze #3 in soil, LED/CFL

Yeah sweet mate:) And as you were saying about being wider than taller, this is what I tend to see with CFL/T5 growing.. The plants, while lush green and bushy are more compact and dont get the same height s as a MH.. This is why I asked your dimensions, as now IMO, youd be best to flip soon then, as if you are keeping below 1m height, it doesnt take em long to stretch out in flower! Goodluck mate and yeah nice work buddy;) Smokemup

Looks good Inkdot mate,
Like the LED PIcs they cool man "Through the canopy" Paint it up!

So in the next universe I wanna be a ganja gnome living inside a snail shell under a giant ganja plant, eating amanitas and basking in a stream of fotons filtered green through the finger shaped leaves while chatting with a flirty earth worm. An angry ladybug stares at us, complaining about todays youth.

Been there a fair few times, love to slide down rainbows on my belly a few times a year :rofl::rofl:

Smokemupm8 got a good point with the 1 plant idea. You can get more off less plants in one space with good spacing rather than a few cramped in. ut with a few you can always make sure the full canopy if filled, if you know what i mean. Even if you chop the crap out of them. Hard decision I'm trying to make now.

Day 34, heavy defoil

Today I hit them with the jackhammer! I decided it was better to do the second hard defoil in veg now rather than later. The sooner they recover the more options I have about when to start flower. I wanna be able to flower before they grow too big and they grow alot in a week.

IMG_10689.JPG

IMG_106611.JPG

IMG_10659.JPG

IMG_106310.JPG

So, I trimmed the bushes and I got a big hand full of leaves. What to do with it?

I decided to do a test! :slide:

Do fan leaves, from a vegging plant, contain any cannabinoids? :lot-o-toke:

I decided to do a kind of cannabis milk drink I learned brewing in north India, punjab. The recipie is as follows:

Boil enough water to cover the fresh leaves, stems or trim.
Gently boil for a few minutes while poking the leaves with an appliance (make infusion).
Get rid of all water while saving the plant material. Try to get rid of as much water as possible. Put gooey plant matter back in pot and spread out evenly.
Cover plant matter in cream if it's still soaked. Cream and milk if it's more dry.
Let simmer at low temp for thirty minutes to an hour or two (depends on patience). Every five or ten minutes lift the lid and stirr, check the state of things. Add water or milk if needed and don't let it boil too hard, just a low simmer. If using leaves add as little as possible, if using more potent shit add more cream/milk in the beginning.
Flavour as you please. I used cinnamon, hazel paste, a little dark chocolate and a small shot of rum. In India they used cinnamon, cardamom, some kind of sweetener and poppy seeds!

If you use prime trim or swag buds this will knock you on your ass! I wanted to test if vegging fan leaves would give an effect and mission accomplished! I got a soaring body high very much CBD or something, low in THC i think but the effects are still intense. The entire plant is psychoactive even in vegging. Fantastic!

Really cool, gonna brew this on all my big fan leaves that I usually throw from now on!

Peace! :peace:

Looking really good, excited to see the growth after this defol. You can already see where the bud-sites will be. Branched out nicely.
Yeah, the whole plant is psychoactive, even from a very early age. The vegetation will contain cannabinoids, CBD's and more. Glad to see your making use of all aspects of the grow. That Arjan's haze sure does grow small for a sativa!

Woah mate, your girls have done a Brittany spears and shaved their heads!! lol. But yeah, I think you will find now that in a few ddays or so, the bud shoots will gain in size and now there s not any shading theyll get good light.
I was only planning a few trimming sessions but she keeps pumping em out and I dont quite want to strip her as much as youve done, but in a week or so ill no doubt be doing her last trim which will be exposing all buds sites giving them priority over all else. But I will have to go easy asI dont want a hermie from shock. LOOKING GOOD BUDDY!! Cant wait to see your flowers;)
Take care mate, Smokemup

Looks awesome inkdot! My only worry is they may be too crowded in there during flower. But hey we'll see right?

Do me a favor please... copy/past that recipe and PM it to me? I know I'll forget where it is and I'd like to look back at it later> I gorw to treat my mother and smoking is rough on her. So I tend to make butter. But this sounds really awesome!

About the space, next time I'll look into building a SCROG and running one plant in the big air pot.
Hi Inkdot

Love your journal!:thumb: I have to stick in my 2 cents here, not because I have done, not that we have the same situation, but I would like you to consider;

Training by scrog or other at about ¼ the ‘grow height’ available, if the screen has 2” squares (5.5cm) a guy on here filled every square with a main bud, cleared every side branch without a square, bare stems below screen, and had a forest of bud, fantastic yield for available space, I think it was Icemuds V Scrog Journal, or may be Vapedog really good use of available width. Then check out jons LED journal to get an idea of how heg, uses vertical space to his best advantage.
:hookah:
I am working on my 2nd attempt at maximising yield from available space for plants, and for me, with a shortage of width and plenty of height a combination of their styles would be a good place to start.

Please excuse my bad manners, smoking defoliation harvest and it’s very heady, can’t stop typing, :sorry:
+Reps on the ‘Brazilian’, a little less will hardly slow growth at all IME.

:nicethread:

Hey Inkdot mate,
You cut them up aint you?! Hope they grow big again fast. If it was me I wouldnt of took of every pan leaf as they need them for photosynthesis but things will prob be fine. I wouldnt usually take that many because of shock but will be good to see how they go.

You got any ideas on space yet?

I started my a new journal for the soil mix, its in my sig below just click on the link and it will take you to my new journal.

Throught the canopy

So in the next universe I wanna be a ganja gnome living inside a snail shell under a giant ganja plant, eating amanitas and basking in a stream of fotons filtered green through the finger shaped leaves while chatting with a flirty earth worm. An angry ladybug stares at us, complaining about todays youth.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Clarification of recipie: At the end after you simmered in milk/cream you get rid of the plant material. Don't keep it in the drink! For instance by straining the liquid through cloth or a sieve of some sort. One big handful of fan leaves got me pretty stoned lol!

I rewrote the recipie a bit clearer in this thread in the edibles forum.

Arjans Haze #3 sure is small! So far its been very easy to grow, vigorous plant. And the side branches might look frail but they are really tough and leathery, I can bend them like crazy and they just reset. This strain is derived from a land race sativa from Laos, probably straight from an old school outdoor ganja field. So far good hardy genetics from GHS, I'm actually surprised!

Yesterday I felt bad at cutting them Britney Spears style, but today I see they are happy again! Lots of regrowth already. This method seems like a great way to train indoor plants but I think it's important to really let them recover between stripping all big leaves. Bassman59 is the expert on this so ask him if you're curious. Or check this thread or this journal, both made by Bass.

It might look harsh, but I'm gonna try this defoil method on this grow and see if I learn something. So far I like the way it shapes the plants. Bushy beasts!

This is less then 24 h after strip. Already more leafy again.
Day_35_0_.JPG

I'm gonna heed the advice about space and flower as soon as possible. Once all growth tips have developed one set of decent sized healthy fan leaves I'll switch to 12/12.

A bit cold outside?

Snow13.jpg

Well maybe. A few feet away from all that nonsense two tropical plants are growing. They are suppressed by their evil master who periodically cuts their leaves off to cannibalize their cannabinoid content.

Here is pictured their daily struggle to grow large. I give them 2-3 days until they start flowering.

Day_36_timelapse.jpg

Freedom! :peace:

I'm loving what I see there Inkdot! :thumb:

Day 37, almost ready

The soil has been slowly drying out during the last week. Since my soil holds moisture well I usually top it off with pure water every second or third day so that the entire medium drys more evenly. Otherwise the top soil would become dry as a desert while the inner bottom parts are still wet.

The medium was ready. I gave them a flush of very dilute nutrient solution (3 ml BioGrow, 1 ml BioBloom and 1 ml Bioheaven in 8 liters water). The runoff was pretty clear and the leaves look healthy but could be more green so I topped them off with a more concentrated solution (2 ml BioGrow in 1 liter divided on both pots).

This was the second time I feed them properly since seed. Next couple of watering will probably be just pure water.

The recovery is going great, very good progress today.

Day_37_0_b.JPG

After that I did some very light LST on some of the lower branches. They were starting to point more upwards so I tied down some of the lower branches a bit to spread them out.

Day_37_3_b.JPG

Day_37_4_b.JPG

Tomorrow is the day I change the timer to 12/12. I figured it takes them at least 4 days to initiate flowering so they will have enough veg time left to become leafy bushes again.

I generally let them leaf out more before I flip. kinda let them get a better boost so they're off & running once flipped.

Day 39 update

Hola! Here is a time lapse since the second defoiliation, from the day 34-39.

Day_34-36_timelapse.jpg

Day_37-39_timelapse.jpg

There are still a few grow tips that need bigger fan leaves so I'm gonna wait a few more days to switch to 12/12. But I can't wait forever I'm getting more anxious every day that they will outstretch my room, get too close to the LED and burn in pink light!

I also did a bit more LST. I tied more lower branches down but mostly sideways evenly spaced, trying to go for a hexagonal shape rather than the natural square shape.

Day_39_4_1.JPG

Day_39_3_1.JPG

Day_39_1_1.JPG

A few grow tips are starting to develop alternating nodes! This pic is from yesterday.
Day_38_3_.JPG

That's all. Ill come back once flowering started. I've never covered the veg stage in this much detail but it's been fun!

Please feel free to voice your opinions!

Back
Top Bottom