Arteekay's Second Grow - Autos & Feminized - Mixed Strains

SCROG Susan. you won't run out then ;)

I have a kit that I won with the MOTY package. Not this next run, but maybe the following one, simplify and dedicate one tent to it. Cajun told me it'd teach me valuable lessons about training.

Of course, I could also pick one of the new batch to go in the scrog and raise the excess plants as a taster garden. I have all those azalea pots. Hmmmmmm....... Interesting possibilities I'd not considered.

This is of the best looking scrogs I have seen on the internet. You can play chess on them with some little more configuration : ) This has been one of the most inspiring threads for me during my reads for my first grow which I have just completed and posted everything at once yesterday. I am a newbie and learning a lot from all the great people in here. Thanks for sharing these great posts and you are all welcome to visit my page. Have a great day : )

This is of the best looking scrogs I have seen on the internet. You can play chess on them with some little more configuration : ) This has been one of the most inspiring threads for me during my reads for my first grow which I have just completed and posted everything at once yesterday. I am a newbie and learning a lot from all the great people in here. Thanks for sharing these great posts and you are all welcome to visit my page. Have a great day : )

I'm just curious. So, Arteekay, why do you weigh your plants while they're still growing. Is that so you don't over water? I have never seen anyone do that.

Well some moderator deleted my last post on your journal. Let's see if this gets deleted. I guess you have to VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ON THIS SITE or somebody with a bad attitude DELETES your comment. Anyway, forget about the question I asked you yesterday. I guess they don't want me to ask that ...

Paul, I have no idea about this situation and I've just learned that such a thing happened. Sorry for your disappointment but there must be a reason sure. I think you could ask me your question on PM when I have the permission to send private messages. Actually, I am really curious about it and I have some guess but let me keep it for now. I will be over 50 posts in a few days hopefully. So please keep in contact and welcome back anytime with your questions to my journal. Have a great day.

You intimidate the hell out of me. I come here every time, determined to be prepared, and every time I leave shaking my head in wonder. I gasped out loud at the overhead shot of the R2. Good grief, how do you pull that off so beautifully? You know what? If I could copy Graytail's training so closely that there were moments we both acknowledged that we could get confused if we didn't know who's pictures were who's, I know for certain I can do the same thing with you and Jay.

I'm determined to grow autos like that. My next group is all photo sativas. I have to build up the stocks. I can't be running out again. There's too much work to be done to be messing around worrying about running out. :straightface: So I have the better part of the next six months to study you, the same way I studied Graytail. Lucky you. I nearly buried poor Graytail in PMs. I'll try not to do that with you, ok? :hug: :love:

Back to Callanetics. You were one of my best breaks in quite a while. We sure are lucky to have you here arteekay.:circle-of-love:

Oh man! I don't try to be intimidating. I'm sorry.

I worry I may have left too much on R2, that she'll just turn into a solid mass with a few peaks. It'd look cool, but the lack of airflow around the buds would suck. We'll see. Comparing her to our first Revolver seems to indicate she will grow quite a bit still after week 4.

I've got another CKS Candy Cane auto sprouting tonight, training starts at topping in 13-15 days. We still follow the no-transplant myth/wisdom and she's in her final pot. Welcome to ask anything here or via PM at any time.

I've got a training plan for Jaybiz's new photo, the CKS Purple Kush. Now I just need to talk to him.

But please keep in mind I'm a rank noobie as of just under 6 months ago and have only harvested 9 Cannabis plants, ever. We are still very much in the learning phase, on just better that basement chem nutes. :)

I'm lucky to have found this place, thank you all for the instant warm welcome.

:hug:

SCROG Susan. you won't run out then ;)

I have a kit that I won with the MOTY package. Not this next run, but maybe the following one, simplify and dedicate one tent to it. Cajun told me it'd teach me valuable lessons about training.

Of course, I could also pick one of the new batch to go in the scrog and raise the excess plants as a taster garden. I have all those azalea pots. Hmmmmmm....... Interesting possibilities I'd not considered.

I'm not sure Jaybiz will now ever grow a photo without a scrog. Mind you we have one photo, not the array you have going. :)

take notes sue and send copys to me...lol:volcano-smiley:
You laugh, but I do that type of thing all the time. :laughtwo:

good send me the notes.i could use the help too i need some monster plants like our friend arteekay .....:thumb:

And here I thought I was already giving you all all my notes. :)

If there's something you'd like me to elaborate on please feel free to fire away.

Hey CannaPeace!! First thing is first...

:welcome: to :420:

:passitleft:

Check out my signature on how to set up a signature to make it easy for anyone to find your important links and threads. Give us a link to your page and we'll all end up there.

:high-five:

Thank you for brightening my day.

I'm just curious. So, Arteekay, why do you weigh your plants while they're still growing. Is that so you don't over water? I have never seen anyone do that.

That's pretty much it really, and to track water usage because I find it wildly interesting. We follow the lift method, but since we're a couple of potheads we can't remember today what they really "felt" like yesterday. So, a scale was the easy solution to that problem. Knowing exactly what dead empty is has proven to be valuable.

Master of the multi-quote. :passitleft:

You're right, you've documented thoroughly and your retrospectives are a thing of beauty. I just need to follow you more exclusively. When you allow yourself to get too scattered there's a point when everyone begins to meld together. I'm thinking I should cut back to a few threads I ........ Even as I write that I see the flaw in thinking I can stop being me and start being someone else. :laughtwo: I'm doing ok. Lol!

I'll figure out what I need to know and we'll work it out. Probably my biggest challenge is in beginning the training early enough. I seem to always miss the critical time because I have this crazy desire to let them run wild and free. As you recently demonstrated so wonderfully, that's not always the way to get the best yield.

I may have figured out how to get photos to work for me. It helps that my two are growing in Doc's Kit soil, but I think waiting to top them and getting the canopy level is going to give me a consistent yield I can live with. With the kit it's all about consistency and scheduling of the CATs. Shiggity made that part easier with his new thread thank goodness . :laughtwo:

I'm rambling. I'm stoned and enjoying it, and there you were right in front of me and all. :hug: :love: It's been nice visiting arteekay. I need to check on a couple places, and maybe swing by the coffee and bud lounge for tea. :ciao:

Well some moderator deleted my last post on your journal. Let's see if this gets deleted. I guess you have to VERY CAREFUL WHAT YOU SAY ON THIS SITE or somebody with a bad attitude DELETES your comment. Anyway, forget about the question I asked you yesterday. I guess they don't want me to ask that, although I really don't understand why, AND NO ONE GAVE ME AN ANSWER AS TO WHY I CAN'T ASK THAT PARTICULAR QUESTION.

Hopefully, I'm not asking THE WRONG QUESTION AGAIN THIS TIME... and I'm not trying to be a dick. I'm just curious. So, Arteekay, why do you weigh your plants while they're still growing. Is that so you don't over water? I have never seen anyone do that.

Now is THAT A LEGITIMATE QUESTION???

Read the posting guidelines, it happens to all of us. They are there for a reason. You don't mention sites that compete with 420 Magazine sponsors for example. Just have a toke and relax....take deep breaths and ask if it is LIFE THREATENING, if not, does it really matter? Probably not.

April 13 (Wednesday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 41 days old, Dark devil 2 is 30, Lemon Skunk is 26, and Candy Cane 3. Temp peaked at 85 today with RH at 53% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temps are 69 and 57%.

Photos: Crown Royale is 105 days old and Purple Kush is 8. CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 82 and RH is 51% at the canopy, 81 and 55% at the top, 69 overnight. CR is now 55 days since her flip to 12/12. PK continues vegging in the auto tent.

Just a training day, and the birth of our third CKS Candy Cane auto.

Family pics:

C3 (7.0 lbs with 250 ml added two days ago):

PK (254 grams, down from 297 after watering yesterday) Wow she has some wide leaves:

LS (10.8 lbs, down from 14.8 yesterday) Lemon Skunk continues being healthy and happy, no complaints about her at all. I'll have to check out this strain and the breeder more I think.:

D2 (15.6 lbs, down from 20.8 after watering yesterday) Our second Dark Devil is really starting to fill out finally. She'll end up with a decent number of tops and hasn't pulled herself apart like the first one did. Still a weird grow, but I'll take it:

R2 (14.8 lbs, down from 19.4 yesterday) Our second Revolver got some more defol and lollipopping, and I released her ties a bit more. She's mostly free, only a few are actually under any pressure. I'll leave them all in place for now just to make sure she doesn't decide to stand back up somehow.:

CR (26.8 lbs, down from 30 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Three hours later:

One last purple picture:

Nice little bit of color starting. D2 looks much better. R2 still not where I'm used to you two bringing it up. Must be strain related. Fyi, garden looks great guys.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Now that I look at that last pix it reminds me of my purple Flower's, it's nice how it stains the green when the color comes in on the flower. Is that the DD? Here is a shot of my Narco Purple.

0790193fe4e3368b5e68d37346c9bcb3.jpg

03c8b054bde236373993c01a1a5874a0.jpg

Those colored strains are a tricky bunch. Very picky.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Master of the multi-quote. :passitleft:

Hehehehe, I take a little pride in it honestly. Structure needs to be soooooothing. :)

You're right, you've documented thoroughly and your retrospectives are a thing of beauty. I just need to follow you more exclusively. When you allow yourself to get too scattered there's a point when everyone begins to meld together. I'm thinking I should cut back to a few threads I ........ Even as I write that I see the flaw in thinking I can stop being me and start being someone else. :laughtwo: I'm doing ok. Lol!

I definitely hear you on that. I'm subbed into 205 right now, with nearly 70 with unread posts, including your own, both of them. I'm forever behind dammit. Gone are the days of not going to bed until I've no unread subs or notifications.

And I probably won't make it to a quarter of them before heading off to bed tonight.

I'll figure out what I need to know and we'll work it out. Probably my biggest challenge is in beginning the training early enough. I seem to always miss the critical time because I have this crazy desire to let them run wild and free. As you recently demonstrated so wonderfully, that's not always the way to get the best yield.

I'm really liking topping off the fourth node, which is usually big enough to get at by 13-15 days. I don't cut it though, I find bending till it pops off to be wildly satisfying. :)

I may have figured out how to get photos to work for me. It helps that my two are growing in Doc's Kit soil, but I think waiting to top them and getting the canopy level is going to give me a consistent yield I can live with. With the kit it's all about consistency and scheduling of the CATs. Shiggity made that part easier with his new thread thank goodness . :laughtwo:

We'll get to Doc's Kit eventually I'm sure, but for now we're just happy to have found something that works well enough and we're settled into a good rhythm. Just don't have the time capacity for more new stuff. Still need to do up bubble hash to add to our extraction techniques. This weekend maybe.

I'm rambling. I'm stoned and enjoying it, and there you were right in front of me and all. :hug: :love: It's been nice visiting arteekay. I need to check on a couple places, and maybe swing by the coffee and bud lounge for tea. :ciao:

We did up the butane extraction on the Rev popcorn we found the other day. Got 1.1 grams of some very nice stuff that brings us right back to our first joint of this girl. Always has been a favorite for just blasting right off.

Man, I haven't even made it to the lounge(s) ever yet. Or half this massive community. So little time.

Read the posting guidelines, it happens to all of us. They are there for a reason. You don't mention sites that compete with 420 Magazine sponsors for example.

Yup, I remember getting my first talking to. Absolutely the most polite and compassionate scolding I've ever had.

Discussing sharing of seeds is strictly off limits, and I understand the logic behind it.

Nice little bit of color starting. D2 looks much better. R2 still not where I'm used to you two bringing it up. Must be strain related. Fyi, garden looks great guys.

Both our CKS Revolvers have been smaller plants. This one has had it's share of issues, nute burns and some excessive training. I need to take a shot of her undercarriage to show the mistakes I made there.

If we ever get a good grow of this strain, and if she's still small, we'll move future Revolvers down to a 3 gallon fabric pot instead. Maybe the next pack will be different, nearly 6 months between 'em.

A pleasure to come and visit every time. Never boring here. Liking those early leaves on Purple Kush. She is quite the beauty. Made me remember I have those green crack seeds to start lol. Thinking hard about a summer fishing trip!

I kind of beat a dead horse with daily posts, but it's far too important to my process to stop now.

Never had a plant with such fat early leaves, they are nearly spades.

We didn't do a lick of fishing last year, that definitely needs to be corrected this summer. :)

Looking good guys. Love this journal

The autos are finally starting to look decent. The training really affects how photogenic they are.

April 14 (Thursday) Update.

Autos: Revolver 2 is 42 days old, Dark devil 2 is 31, Lemon Skunk is 27, and Candy Cane 3 is 2. Temp peaked at 86 today with RH at 53% during lights on. They are on an 18/6 schedule and are 22-24 inches from their lights. Overnight temps are 69 and 57%.

Photos: Crown Royale is 106 days old (56 days since her flip to 12/12) and Purple Kush is 9. CR is 11-15 inches below the Spider x4, Temp is 82 and RH is 52% at the canopy, 81 and 55% at the top, 69 overnight. PK continues vegging in the auto tent.

• LS got soaked with 75% strength grow nutes (6 liters with 23 ml each of DNF Gro A+B and 5 ml of calmag+ at 801ppm and 5.7 PH
  • R2 got soaked with full strenth bloom nutes (6 liters with 30 ml each of DNF Bloom A+B, 7 ml of GO CaMg+, and 1.5 g of DNF Bloom Fortifier at 1070ppm and 5.7 PH

Thinking of our early auto watering schedule, C3 got 150 ml right down her stem, then I did 300 ml around the outer inch of the soil. The thought was to hopefully provide a humid interior for her to grow her roots into. She can't of course reach 2/3 of this water, but with the fabric pot drying out so quickly I think it'll help build her root structure anyway. I'm thinking I'll give her a liter in the tray to suck up from the bottom tomorrow, again just to make the interior humid and prep the soil a bit. Any opinions are welcome of course.

Finally got our 150 ml syringe delivered. I've been using a 60 ml to feed with for the first week or two, so it'll be great to do nearly a third less refills.

Family pics:

C3 (7.0 on sprout and dead empty, 7.4 after watering tonight):

PK (183 grams, down from 254 yesterday) Yeah, we know she's far too low in the solo cup. She may well be transplanted tomorrow. She's sleepy here still, fully awake an hour or two after these pics were taken:

LS (8.2 lbs down from 10.8 yesterday, 20.6 after watering tonight) She got ridden hard and put away wet.

Before:

After:

D2 (11 lbs, down from 15.6 yesterday) I'll let her dry right out once more before she gets heavy into flowering:

R2 (10.6 lbs down from 15.6 yesterday, 22.6 after watering tonight):

CR (23.6 lbs, down from 26.8 yesterday):

Back in the tent:

Back
Top Bottom