Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

When trying to determine your harvest window it good to take a few things into account. First off breeders will say whatever time frame that they've determined under their ideal environmental conditions. Secondly, actual flower period doest start until buds have formed. The Stretch phase in preflower is considered part of the vegetation. So usually about two weeks from flip is when I start to count my weeks of flower. Now this gets you to the window, wide as it may be. You'll want to check trichomes to determine your preferred amount of amber to cloudy trichs. From the looks of it she's got a few more weeks left. At least another week before the pre harvest flush. I see lots of white long pistils on her, she's got some growing to do still:Namaste:

so do you think next weeks feed i can go (2ml bud candy-2ml overdrive-4ml boost-1.25ml pk13/14-cannazym)? and cut out a+b & b52?
then the week after flush with canna flush twice then the week after that just plain water?

thanks again stinky i will eventually learn, and your helping me alot with info!

I have a question related to your question: can someone post a picture of 'preflowers' vs 'when buds have formed'!

It may seem like a dumb question to most of you but this is literally my 2nd grow and I have never seen cannabis plants growing before my 1st grow.

Everything went so fast the first time around I don't think I really could tell the difference:))

Thanks
Peaches

420-magazine-mobile1870763007.jpg
preflowers
420-magazine-mobile669521891.jpg
the first obvious pistils.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Hello all new here. I have a 5'x2.5'x8' tent and am looking for a LED light that consumes around 300-400watts any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

I've got another one:
Is it ever good to allow a male to pollinate a female? For generational grows is it okay to allow for additional seeds for us newbies and non-botanist? I don't think I'll be doing much cloning very early on.

Life is all about Kittens and Bubbles!

I've got another one:
Is it ever good to allow a male to pollinate a female? For generational grows is it okay to allow for additional seeds for us newbies and non-botanist? I don't think I'll be doing much cloning very early on.

I've got to beat Pennywise to the punch On this one... :rofl: pollination is the natural way these plants endure through generations. You can pollinate a single branch and have the best of both worlds. Good bud and some fresh seeds that'll be of like genetics. If you pollinate a plant by just having the male in tent together, then you'll have very little smokable buds but a massive amount of seeds. It's a project worth looking into...

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

Another follow up (I'm full of questions today!)

The last few times I went to the store checking bulbs, I've noticed that most all bulbs have a "X watt equivalent" label on the bulbs. I was told that for a single bulb one should be shooting for about 150watts. Does the "equivalence" mean anything in the long run?

Not as much as you would think, there are a lot of other variables that are far more important like PAR, PPF and PPFD and spectrum. Some of the new cobs are blowing away traditional high wattage lights and are doing it with way less electricity. Im skeptical when all a company lists is "equivolent" ratings.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Sounds good. I've run across a document titled "Understanding PPF and PPFD". I'll double back and check the coverages necessary for one to two plants.

Back
Top Bottom