Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Quick one, what does stem infection look like? I super cropped my lady, and accidentally broke the skin where I supper cropped. After a couple of days I noticed the stem drying out / getting hard. So I put some clonex on it. I'll snap a pic to show you. The growth hasn't been effected tho.

Thank a veteran. :Namaste:

Here we go...
420-magazine-mobile566369019.jpg

Here's one that came via the bat channels, PM's, I'll deposit it here into the knowledge sharing bank...

anonymous said:
Whats better to start seedlings a mars hydro or a 2ft 1 light t5? I really appreciate your help
I like using t5's, it IMO make plants much less susceptible to damages from high intensity lights. Also the closeness of the plants to the light (t5) keeps them warmer. I use two tube as you can see in my latest journal entry. I keep them a few inches away, light on 24h for at least a week. This keeps the Stretch down, with cfls/tubes even more so. LEDs would also be fine to use it most cases, but It's more energy efficient to use a 24w T5 over 100w LED or more. Hope that helps you decide.

Thanks for your question :Namaste:

:green_heart:cheers

Quick one, what does stem infection look like? I super cropped my lady, and accidentally broke the skin where I supper cropped. After a couple of days I noticed the stem drying out / getting hard. So I put some clonex on it. I'll snap a pic to show you. The growth hasn't been effected tho.

Here we go...
420-magazine-mobile566369019.jpg

Those two lower knuckles look ok but the top left one doesn't look very good. Most infections would likely look like mold or powdery deterioration. The fear is allowing bugs inside... I'd wrap them up and try to make sure water doesn't sit on the area. I sure hope she rights herself and produces for you.

Those two lower knuckles look ok but the top left one doesn't look very good. Most infections would likely look like mold or powdery deterioration. The fear is allowing bugs inside... I'd wrap them up and try to make sure water doesn't sit on the area. I sure hope she rights herself and produces for you.
I'll keep an eye on it. That knuckle is actually healed and discolored by the clonex. That same knuckle is odd, cause it's healed but healed with a hole through it. Kinda like it was pierced. Lol.

I have a question about planning for my next grow.
My first 2 grows have been all autoflowers. My tent is small: 2 ' x 2 ' x 56". I have 4 autoflowers in it right now in 3 gallon pots.

Sadly, I will NOT be able to grow outside this coming summer at all.

I received 10 free seeds in my last order - 5 Fast Buds Black Thai Super Auto and 5 Sensible Seeds Seriously Citrus Regular Flowering. Both of these get really tall. Would it be feasible for me to try to grow just one of these in my tent? The Black Thai supposedly gets 40-80 inches tall. The Seriously Citrus gets 31-55 inches tall. Obviously I would have to do a lot of training because my tent is only 56 inches tall. I would probably just have one really big pot - like maybe a 10 or 12 gallon size.

What does everyone think? Should I try one of these and which would you try?

I have a question about planning for my next grow.
My first 2 grows have been all autoflowers. My tent is small: 2 ' x 2 ' x 56". I have 4 autoflowers in it right now in 3 gallon pots.

Sadly, I will NOT be able to grow outside this coming summer at all.

I received 10 free seeds in my last order - 5 Fast Buds Black Thai Super Auto and 5 Sensible Seeds Seriously Citrus Regular Flowering. Both of these get really tall. Would it be feasible for me to try to grow just one of these in my tent? The Black Thai supposedly gets 40-80 inches tall. The Seriously Citrus gets 31-55 inches tall. Obviously I would have to do a lot of training because my tent is only 56 inches tall. I would probably just have one really big pot - like maybe a 10 or 12 gallon size.

What does everyone think? Should I try one of these and which would you try?

Scrog them!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi everyone, new grower here just recently purchased a 4 by 4 tent, 4 foot 4 bulb T5 and a 600-watt VIPARSPECTRA. My original plans were to run my T5 for my vegetation and then switch to the 600 watt LED for flower and Bloom. Well I recently came across stealth grow sg602 LED grow light. It doesn't seem like the T5 is doing the trick so I was wondering if I should switch to the stealth grow sg602 during vegetation. Then put both 600 watt LEDs in for a total of 1200 watts for flowering. (Coco grow)

Sent from my SM-G930T using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Anyone grow with the phases of the moon ?

OG Kush BTY 12-12 From Seed

First Time Grow
Only Wolfsbain, seems to bring the beast out for a ferocious grow!
I've got to beat Pennywise to the punch On this one... :rofl: pollination is the natural way these plants endure through generations. You can pollinate a single branch and have the best of both worlds. Good bud and some fresh seeds that'll be of like genetics. If you pollinate a plant by just having the male in tent together, then you'll have very little smokable buds but a massive amount of seeds. It's a project worth looking into...

Stinky Snid
:green_heart:cheers

Sent from my SM-N920V using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Stinky snid I have a question for you I am running low on my fox farm big bloom. Can I not give my plant big bloom and grow big and substitute advanced nutrients sensi grow a and b and still mix in tiger bloom and then rest of my fox farm nutrients

Hi everyone, new grower here just recently purchased a 4 by 4 tent, 4 foot 4 bulb T5 and a 600-watt VIPARSPECTRA. My original plans were to run my T5 for my vegetation and then switch to the 600 watt LED for flower and Bloom. Well I recently came across stealth grow sg602 LED grow light. It doesn't seem like the T5 is doing the trick so I was wondering if I should switch to the stealth grow sg602 during vegetation. Then put both 600 watt LEDs in for a total of 1200 watts for flowering. (Coco grow)

light is the most important part of anygrow. the more watts you can run without creating a negative environment the better. everything else is secondary to light and so many people ignore this and try to grow with underpowered lights.

so the answer to your question is yes run the more wattage. a 4x4 should handle that output and you will get healthier stronger plants.
Hey Stinky, what can I do to pack on more weight and have more full fruit at harvest time instead of small nugs spaced out on a long stem? Or is it in the genetics and/or strain? This is my Cherry girl:
420-magazine-mobile1263271674.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Sent from my SM-G925F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

The 2 600's would work well in a 4 x 4, i veg and flower with the same light.

StarKiller OG - Rockwool - Ebb & Flow - 1200W LED - 2016
New Member Start Links
How do I top my plants?
Auto Growers Unite - A Community Thread

Back
Top Bottom