Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Stress causes this too. My Nebula Clone had 3 fingers for quite a while from bottom to top. They even looked mutated and very very untypical... But she managed to get back on track and keeps screaming for more an more PK even i give her litres of full dose nutes every 48 hours. They almost died several times... It doestn matter... When things get right they get right. :)

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

Sorry to ask but what is PK?

Also, I topped & did LST this time around, so I THINK it will slow things down even more, but I really have no clue.

Thx

I know that any stress can stunt an autoflower but it will not affect the actual hidden timer baked in the plants genetics.
all it will do is just result in a smaller plant when the time is used up... my fear is/was that even when they matured (read preflower) later as normal the timer is still ticking and will run out by early april and leave me with a perfectly good plant but without any bud to note or at the very least very unripe flowers on a dying plant.
Anyone has noticed a very slow flowering, stretchy pheno amongst his HSO BD autos and if so ...how did it turn out.
again thx @PacificPeach the more feedback I get the more at ease I'll probably feel :Namaste:

PT

PK stands for Phosphor and Potassium and refer to their periodic table names (P = fosfor and K = Kalium aka Potassium)

PK are mostly craved by the plants when flowering
N (nitrogen) more during veg

cheers

PT
Hey buddy, I have a question about my first outdoor grow. <br />
I gave her first go go juice hit yesty and seasol a week before that. Shes had 2 smaller doses of potash since flower and I routinely turn top soil and add mulch.. She's about 2 weeks in flowering I think? is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing? P.s. The last 2 photos shows leaves chewed right through... What do u think it could be and what's best to get rid of it... <br />
<br />
420-magazine-mobile733299850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile448278615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2100930849.jpg
420-magazine-mobile21707955.jpg
420-magazine-mobile554613817.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1440356309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908023981.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1174360966.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

hey fellow toker,

Dont worry, they look great to me i wouldnt mess with them to much.
about the flowering time ... 2 weeks sounds about spot on.
About the chewed leaves ... to me it looks like the lawnmower had a bite on it :cheer:

From what i read around ... the biggest enemy of new growers is their impatience ... think about it heh ...
but then again ... i am only in my 3rd grow after 2 failures ...so who am i to say they wont need anything at all ?

PT

hey fellow toker,

Dont worry, they look great to me i wouldnt mess with them to much.
about the flowering time ... 2 weeks sounds about spot on.
About the chewed leaves ... to me it looks like the lawnmower had a bite on it :cheer:

From what i read around ... the biggest enemy of new growers is their impatience ... think about it heh ...
but then again ... i am only in my 3rd grow after 2 failures ...so who am i to say they wont need anything at all ?

PT
Thanks for the reply pal
And I'm sorry for my excessive posting ( I'm just super keen to gain as much knowledge and experience from guys that know how to grow) but your EXACTLY right! I'm just completely caught up in growing now and impatient for feedback to make sure I'm doing the right things.
And we're you joking about lawnmower lol? Or your not sure what bug it would be?

My plant is real bonsai styling

Hey buddy, I have a question about my first outdoor grow. <br />
I gave her first go go juice hit yesty and seasol a week before that. Shes had 2 smaller doses of potash since flower and I routinely turn top soil and add mulch.. She's about 2 weeks in flowering I think? is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing? P.s. The last 2 photos shows leaves chewed right through... What do u think it could be and what's best to get rid of it... <br />
<br />
420-magazine-mobile733299850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile448278615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2100930849.jpg
420-magazine-mobile21707955.jpg
420-magazine-mobile554613817.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1440356309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908023981.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1174360966.jpg

Sent from my E6853 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks like rodents (mice, squirrel, ) cat?

Sorry to ask but what is PK?
Oh, no problem dude. I ment the PK from NPK. Phosphorus and Kalium (Potassium) its budding amd wants more of it. From wednesday on thursday i thought its cool with full dose but today they are purpling more. got fed yesterday evening. Hungry beasts

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

Oh, no problem dude. I ment the PK from NPK. Phosphorus and Kalium (Potassium) its budding amd wants more of it. From wednesday on thursday i thought its cool with full dose but today they are purpling more. got fed yesterday evening. Hungry beasts

Thanks! So because they are turning purplish, that means they need more bloom nutrients? I am literally so new to everything, I feel like I ask a lot of foolish questions, sorry.

Ok here I go with more questions: a week ago I guess I gave my plants excess nutrients and some of the leaves had spots. I backed off on nutrients and the plants seem healthy. Should I remove the leaves that had the spotting? Or just leave them there? I would think it doesn't hurt to leave them on but they look kind of pitiful.

Thanks for everyone's help here - I love this thread!

Thanks! So because they are turning purplish, that means they need more bloom nutrients? I am literally so new to everything, I feel like I ask a lot of foolish questions, sorry.
Hey dont apologise, how should you learn without reading or human interaction. I like to ask to ask instead googlin everything on my own. :)

I am not very experienced with growing myself, but from what i've learned is that if a plant that is not known as a typical purple strain keeps on purpling and the temperatures are not too low this is a lack of phosphorus. They show some signs of Potassium deficiencies on lower leaves too... Combined with the fact that it started mid flower and got worse over about 10 days after that it must be the problem. If not... Thats ok :)

I use pictures from Jorge Cervantes Book. Have them taped to my closet door. They helped me alot here and there because they show entire plants from top to root tip mirrored with exess/deficiency looks. Great help to get an idea how to read plants. Check it out on google pictures. .

420-magazine-mobile1349175995.jpg

About the ugly leaves. Imho it depends. If your plant keeps on growing i would let them on. If its very crowded and humid i would remove the necrotic fingers or leaves. If a plant is stunted and has alot of dry or half dry leaves i would remove everything sick and let the plant grow new ones. If top growth looks awful amd blocks healthy undergrowth... Remove it.

Remove them and see what happens if you want. If you check out my journal you will see how much weed can take. Mine lost at least 50 percent of foliage within days due a dry patch...they recover and produce. :)

Hi im thinking of starting my first grow in soil and the nutes that alot of people on here use are not available to me.... Im in Africa and the courier services wont allow liquids and the ones that do are super expensive due to the weight..... So if someone with expirence guide me in the right direction I would gladly appreciate it.... Below are the pictures with ratios
420-magazine-mobile1026353954.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2137651715.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi im thinking of starting my first grow in soil and the nutes that alot of people on here use are not available to me.... Im in Africa and the courier services wont allow liquids and the ones that do are super expensive due to the weight..... So if someone with expirence guide me in the right direction I would gladly appreciate it.... Below are the pictures with ratios
420-magazine-mobile1026353954.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2137651715.jpg

These are the nutes available to me

Back
Top Bottom