Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

Will a 400 Watt hps be good for four plants in the bud stage? Going to veg them to about 18inches mostly an indica dominant strain.

Sent from

Should I have the vents open now?

IMG_20170309_104757.jpg
IMG_20170309_104750.jpg

Yeah put one on. It didn't seem like it had really got very humid though so I lifted the dome to check if there was water in the tray to evaporate. They started kind of drooping, but before that they looked pretty perky so I think it's working.

Just trying not to touch them now. When should I open the vents?

yes, they need a dome on, dome off routine. Plants will tell you when they have had enough of the environment there in (droopy leaves). Keep the leaves moist when the dome is off, mist the inside of the dome and not the leaves before you replace it. keep the water level correct for the grow medium your using. Looks like your set will work just fine.

You guys ever seen some shit like this before? This is a first for me a fan leaf with 14 fingers ?? It's not the amount of fingers but the way they are all frowning never seen this before the strain is Blue Dream
420-magazine-mobile2107854319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You guys ever seen some shit like this before? This is a first for me a fan leaf with 14 fingers ?? It's not the amount of fingers but the way they are all frowning never seen this before the strain is Blue Dream
420-magazine-mobile2107854319.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Just a mutation. It's cool looking I would cut it and press it in a book just cause its different...lol

anything that occurs in nature cannot be unnatural!

The Birth & Evolution Of A Dragon

Also this girl is the same age but had the cap on for two weeks before I took it off should I just can her. Id hate to do it!
420-magazine-mobile602100715.jpg

Sent from

Relax brother, it's OK as long as you apply when sun or lights are not to intense. Like morning or shade. Move lights further away during applications. Mist don't drench.

Thanks cam. You're one of the ones here that's always calming me down. :thumb:

Well how bout I drenched them with a mister! Lol. It was early, I sprayed with water after it dried just in case & let the fan dry what I couldn't shake off. Look fine. So why have I seen people identify a spot on a leaf or leaves &?they say it looks like spilled frets while watering? I just drenched all mine albeit at quarter strength. I fed a gal of 1/2 strength an ph perfect grow micro to each of my two 5gal
Pots. Can't wait to see them flowers grow. How soon after signs of preflower can you start bloom nutes? Lastly, anyone use an ph perfect grow micro bloom nutes? If so I was just wondering if you could use all ferts still, or just use bloom only? Thanks

Damn opened the vents up for most of the day today and came back and this one is still leaning over... Is it worth waiting to see if it comes around or should I just take another cut in its place?

Also I have no idea how frequently I'm supposed to water the cubes. Or am I supposed to water them at all? Of all the cloning methods I read none of them address that.

IMG_20170309_175903.jpg

I had quick question. I have 3 cuttings I took off a mom plant that was in flower, all three have rooted, and are now veging. Is it normal for them, on the new growth, to have 3 leaves? The lower growth, when taken from the momma plant had 5 leaves.

Good people inspire you to do great things. :Namaste:

Stress causes this too. My Nebula Clone had 3 fingers for quite a while from bottom to top. They even looked mutated and very very untypical... But she managed to get back on track and keeps screaming for more an more PK even i give her litres of full dose nutes every 48 hours. They almost died several times... It doestn matter... When things get right they get right. :)

Current Grow Nebula & Atomical Haze - Soil - 2'x3' Flower - 420W DIY COB - SCROG 45W DIY Veg Light

My journey seeking the light. Found some
SeymoreNugget's DIY talk - Building lights - Sharing ideas

hello,
I have a question concerning a HSO Blue dream auto.
On the package it states it should be ready at around 75 days from seed.
I understand that these growtimes are mostly on the short side and most strain will surpass these by a few days or more.
The plant I am talking about is right now at day 52 and has been showing sex since about 2 weeks ago.
No way this plant is going to be ready in like 3.5 weeks, I realise that and I am wondering by how much this plant is likely to overshoot the reference time?
some info to help asses the situation:
grown in soil, nutes are the Alga series from Plagron with power roots and next feed i will also switch from "power roots" to "green sensation" additive, lights 270w led drawing about 200w.
The plant is doing very well imo (pics will come later) is standing at about 60 cm high no problems had that i know of, temps are constant between 22 and 26°C, RH% is between 45 and 60% ish, PH between 6.0 and 6.5 (drops test)
the plant is just very very slow at developing ( not growth obviously ).

my question:

Did I mess up or am I blessed with a particullary heavy sativa pheno ??
I really hope that it is the last option, but worries are starting to set in as I fear the automatic(timer) treat might piss on my parade in a few weeks.
Any one has some experience to share with slow auto phenos? is this a good thing? I believe that this plant will at least need 100 days to finish.
btw 3rd grow and 1st post for me :thumb:

PT

Hey brother. Hope all is well with you. I'm going to posts some pic later, but is day 27-28 for two of them, & the others are 23-24. They all are showing beginning pistils. Is this too early? Thanks man. I wish the steelers could steal tyrelle pryor off the browns. We'd be holding thrashes trophy next year.

No not for autos but keep feeding veg nutes for another 2 weeks for the pre flower stretch and then flush and flip to flower nutes. Good luck brother

Ohioboy can't stop!! Ohioboy With Fast Buds - Let's See How Fast Exactly

Hey buddy, I have a question about my first outdoor grow.
I gave her first go go juice hit yesty and seasol a week before that. Shes had 2 smaller doses of potash since flower and I routinely turn top soil and add mulch.. She's about 2 weeks in flowering I think? is there anything I should or shouldn't be doing? P.s. The last 2 photos shows leaves chewed right through... What do u think it could be and what's best to get rid of it...

420-magazine-mobile733299850.jpg
420-magazine-mobile448278615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2100930849.jpg
420-magazine-mobile21707955.jpg
420-magazine-mobile554613817.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1440356309.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1908023981.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1174360966.jpg

hello,
I have a question concerning a HSO Blue dream auto.
On the package it states it should be ready at around 75 days from seed.
I understand that these growtimes are mostly on the short side and most strain will surpass these by a few days or more.
The plant I am talking about is right now at day 52 and has been showing sex since about 2 weeks ago.
No way this plant is going to be ready in like 3.5 weeks, I realise that and I am wondering by how much this plant is likely to overshoot the reference time?
some info to help asses the situation:
grown in soil, nutes are the Alga series from Plagron with power roots and next feed i will also switch from "power roots" to "green sensation" additive, lights 270w led drawing about 200w.
The plant is doing very well imo (pics will come later) is standing at about 60 cm high no problems had that i know of, temps are constant between 22 and 26°C, RH% is between 45 and 60% ish, PH between 6.0 and 6.5 (drops test)
the plant is just very very slow at developing ( not growth obviously ).

my question:

Did I mess up or am I blessed with a particullary heavy sativa pheno ??
I really hope that it is the last option, but worries are starting to set in as I fear the automatic(timer) treat might piss on my parade in a few weeks.
Any one has some experience to share with slow auto phenos? is this a good thing? I believe that this plant will at least need 100 days to finish.
btw 3rd grow and 1st post for me :thumb:

PT

Hey just my 2 cents - I am finding, in my very limited experience, that the autos take longer than the seed banks say. For example in my first grow, my white widow autos took 10-11 weeks and my AK-47 autos took about 13 weeks from sprouting to harvest. The WWs took 4 weeks in veg before they started to flower and the AKs took about 6-7 weeks in veg. I originally thought they were supposed to take 56 days total. It seems like the different seed banks all use different start dates (like germination date vs seedling). I kind of go by germination date, but it seems like they add 2 weeks for them to be called a 'seedling'. Also, mine said 'Flowering period is average at 56 days'. I find it to be very confusing because that sounds like they mean 7 weeks after flowering starts. If anyone has any information about this I would love to see it.

Also, I topped & did LST this time around, so I THINK it will slow things down even more, but I really have no clue.

Back
Top Bottom