Ask Us Anything: Sharing Knowledge 420 Style

How often should U clean ur reservoir ?
If your currently in a grow do u wait till after ?
I also run a recirculating water system so does it matter or should I just bleach clean after every harvest ?

Hi growguro.
Depends whats going on in there. If all is good then I only clean it at the end of grow, little rinses between res changes sometimes.
When I do clean the res, I use diluted hydrogen peroxide, so yes a very weak bleach solution.

My plant isn't doing bad but it's also dropping a ton the bottom half. The temps and hum do pretty well to stay in range and besides maybe calmag def not sure what could be wrong. Maybe 7 weeks old
420-magazine-mobile77608008.jpg
420-magazine-mobile19360815.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1182884058.jpg

Hey everybody, could I get some comments/guidance on this scrog? The 3 plants in the back were 2x as tall as the ones in front, and I've basically got them bent over in half under the net, but the front-row plants are not even coming up through the netting. Should I veg a little while longer and let the shorter plants come up through the net some more? I feel like there's a lot of growth down under the net that I should be trying to get over it. Not really sure what I'm doing with scrog, but I haven't even flowered yet and they're going to get pretty tall without it so I figured it was the only way to get good light distribution.

You've barely begun to ScroG yet so the others will be tall enough in a bit. I would be vegging for at least another month and I bet the screen still wouldn't be full enough for me to flip to 12/12. I would have had the screen in place about a foot above the pots and as the tops grew thru been tying them down to the screen to get them growing horizontally rather than get them tall and bend them over. Done that and it doesn't work so good.

I prefer a metal screen like sheep fencing and bridge large gaps with wire so I have something to tie the grow tips down to as the progress across the gap. Short pieces of twist tie work good to tie them down with and pieces further back can be removed and used up front so you only need about 3 pieces per grow tip. I like that twist tie on a roll so I can cut pieces whatever length I need.

Good luck!

Hey guys I'm just wondering if it is normal to have a few days of little noticable growth in a week old seedling. I heard it is to establish roots. Is that true or do I have a problem?
IMG_20171014_112509208.jpg

Any suggestions?
Start flushing and salvage what you can?
It's almost to the point, she has no leaves to process light.
Not a whole lot you can do unfortunately. Unless anyone else in here has a better suggestion. Wait for some other feedback.
I can't claim to know everything so there may be someone that can help

Start flushing and salvage what you can?
It's almost to the point, she has no leaves to process light.
Not a whole lot you can do unfortunately. Unless anyone else in here has a better suggestion. Wait for some other feedback.
I can't claim to know everything so there may be someone that can help
Thanks for your help. I flushed earlier this week. Have been trying to folier feed as well.

You've barely begun to ScroG yet so the others will be tall enough in a bit. I would be vegging for at least another month and I bet the screen still wouldn't be full enough for me to flip to 12/12. I would have had the screen in place about a foot above the pots and as the tops grew thru been tying them down to the screen to get them growing horizontally rather than get them tall and bend them over. Done that and it doesn't work so good.

I prefer a metal screen like sheep fencing and bridge large gaps with wire so I have something to tie the grow tips down to as the progress across the gap. Short pieces of twist tie work good to tie them down with and pieces further back can be removed and used up front so you only need about 3 pieces per grow tip. I like that twist tie on a roll so I can cut pieces whatever length I need.

Good luck!

Yeah, it was mostly an after-thought once they started getting too big, because I knew the net would help keep the canopy even. I don't think it will really be like a "true scrog". This net has a lot of "slack" to it and the squares are huge too, so I am leaning toward just using the net to keep the canopy more even rather than trying to get real scrog out of it.

These Panama x Malawi grow very fast though, they are doing a pretty good job filling the net out.

IMG_20171014_233443.jpg
IMG_20171014_000816.jpg

Now my problem is just environmental. Can't get this humidity up!

Back
Top Bottom