Good morning Baked sorry about your truck.
Hopefully they get them.
Your garden looks great don't kill yourself this weekend pruning.
Try and get some time for yourself.
You deserve it.:thumb:
Take care my friend.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill
Hey amigo! Much appreciated. Most importantly...I need to make time for Momma this weekend! :circle-of-love:
I'd just let it grow as is but giving it some space seems like a good idea. It loves to get bushy so if you too anything it will turn into a true hedge!
I'm hoping to get the pruning done on Sat morning. I'm going to be prune more than I normally would. Just to reserve enough space. She does love to push out new growth! Thanks again!

Hey everyone! I hope it was a good weekend for everyone. It was a doozy for me...but it was mostly a good time! I spent nearly all day in the tent on Saturday doing a bunch of trimming and pruning! So that was time well spent. A few edibles and some puffs of Trainwreck got me in the gardening mood. I knew I was in for a physical battle with this process too, so that helped my mind get prepared and overall just not give a shit about the pain.

This post is going to be quite picture heavy so strap in and warm up your scrolling finger. Thanks for stopping by as always. Blessings.

My last update was flip day 18. Today is day 22. So let's fill in this gap!

Bushy little plants!

Quick showcase on the lights in my tent. Specifically the ones sponsored by @BESTVA LED last year! The Pro4000 in the middle has really helped boost the drop-off at the edges of the smaller lights.

Onto Saturday morning and the preparation for a savage sessions with the scissors! Some more general before, progress, and after pics.

First in line was C99. She is in a 7 gal fabric pot.

Ooooof...I took off a total of 6 lower branches. All three of those nodes should have removed last month. During my GSC grow, I let those grow out and had loads of larfy buds. This time, it took me longer to recognize that but at least I caught it and made the choice to chop. Will pay dividends in the upper canopy!

I worked my way up the plant first. Hardest decisions were the 3 lowest nodes. Then I worked on clear cutting any larf growth 2-3 nodes on each branch after that. Should help keep the inner canopy free of future congestion.

I used my fruit tree pruning mentality. What is an easy decision now? For me, it is any growth that is pointing in toward the trunk. I work my way around the plant and take off the obvious stuff. Then I keep working around the plant and pull down branches to see growth pointing up or in twisted directions. Those are always the easiest decisions to make that will make space for light to reach the inner canopy.

Worm food!

C99 is out of tent to make space. Next up for a haircut is the Queen of Soul in a 7 gal self-watering pot. She's on the front right. See how nasty the floor can get! Yuck!

Part of the plan for today was to move her to the back right and bring the Candida to the front. So I switched the lights and plants around.

Next up was the one I knew would need the most time and attention. The Candida. This plant has exploded with growth! After growing her out like this, I won't ever spread her out again. She simply bushes and branches out too much. Next round will be a different approach to minimize pruning.

I took off a lot of lower canopy growth like this. She pushed out a lot of growth that was squeezing and twisting its way to the top. Much of this could have been trimmed up earlier too. No choice but to make space!

Literally spent hours on her and still wasn't done. I ended up adding more bamboo supports and wired up a bunch of branches too. She already flopping around a lot. I'm thinking a higher silica routine would help this for future grows.

Ok, next up is Rosetta Stone.

That wraps up my Saturday morning, mid day, and early evening with the plants. Literally started at 10:30 that morning and stopped at lights out (6pm)! What a great day! Here they are right before lights out.

To be continued...

Sunday was Mother's Day! Happy Momma's Day to all of you that enjoy to celebrate it! I know it can be a tough day for some as well. Blessings to you all either way!

C99 already starting to fill the gaps in the inner canopy. Doesn't look too stressed out!

Queen of Soul

Rosetta Stone

The Candida got another round of pruning.
Those are some beautiful flowers developing!

This plant pushes out a lot of 3 section leaves. I came across a lot of 1 section leaves too.

Check out this section of the canopy. Do you see anything? Kind of hard to see anything pop out.

How about now?! See that branch that I snipped off? Focus toward the center area. See that pruned off section? If you don't, then it's a cola that won't be missed anyway then.

Here is the future cola I pruned off. But why would I take off a future cola?

Well, because I was trimming lower foliage and grabbed a piece that ended up stripping part of the branch. This could/would be a prime spot for possible disease to set in. Instead of that risk, I chopped it off. Honestly, I could probably remove a few more future colas and it would benefit the rest of the canopy at this point.

And now for finish up the one that needed the least pruning of them all, Space Queen.

A different view than I typically post.

And now to get them all watered in. They all got some SNS209 again at 8mL/gal. I first started with about a 1½ gallons between all the plants to "prime" or moisten the soil.

Then it was time to prepare some freshly blended aloe vera! I cut up a large pad and blended it with roughly 10 cups of water.
This aloe pad has been bio-accumulating minerals and nutrients for nearly 2 years!

This was a very concentrated solution! This could be diluted further if you want to. No need for these size containers. The biology is thriving and will utilize every last bit of what coming their way. Enzymes...enzymes...enzymes!!!

Shake it up really good to promote as much saponin bubbles. Then hurry up and pour.

On a couple pots, I cover up the aloe pieces the best I can. It is an incredible food source for your microbes and the worms. Speaking of worms...

Look at my most worm order looking shiny and healthy!
Both worm bins got a couple hand fulls of fresh leaves!

And all that leads us into this morning where they are all looking good and no signs of stress!

Have a wonderful day folks and thanks for stopping by!

Sunday was Mother's Day! Happy Momma's Day to all of you that enjoy to celebrate it! I know it can be a tough day for some as well. Blessings to you all either way!

C99 already starting to fill the gaps in the inner canopy. Doesn't look too stressed out!

Queen of Soul

Rosetta Stone

This plant pushes out a lot of 3 section leaves. I came across a lot of 1 section leaves too.

Check out this section of the canopy. Do you see anything? Kind of hard to see anything pop out.

How about now?! See that branch that I snipped off? Focus toward the center area. See that pruned off section? If you don't, then it's a cola that won't be missed anyway then.

Well, because I was trimming lower foliage and grabbed a piece that ended up stripping part of the branch. This could/would be a prime spot for possible disease to set in. Instead of that risk, I chopped it off. Honestly, I could probably remove a few more future colas and it would benefit the rest of the canopy at this point.

And now for finish up the one that needed the least pruning of them all, Space Queen.

And now to get them all watered in. They all got some SNS209 again at 8mL/gal. I first started with about a 1½ gallons between all the plants to "prime" or moisten the soil.

Then it was time to prepare some freshly blended aloe vera! I cut up a large pad and blended it with roughly 10 cups of water.
This aloe pad has been bio-accumulating minerals and nutrients for nearly 2 years!

This was a very concentrated solution! This could be diluted further if you want to. No need for these size containers. The biology is thriving and will utilize every last bit of what coming their way. Enzymes...enzymes...enzymes!!!

Shake it up really good to promote as much saponin bubbles. Then hurry up and pour.

On a couple pots, I cover up the aloe pieces the best I can. It is an incredible food source for your microbes and the worms. Speaking of worms...

And all that leads us into this morning where they are all looking good and no signs of stress!

Quite a variety, well documented! Have a few Aloes growing, never knew it was good for weed.
Are the enzymes meant to "heal" as it does for us?

Great time spent in the tent...looks like a fun time was had by all! I hope the moms in your life had a great Sunday of celebration. :)
It was a great time indeed! I think I'm still tired though! Haaa haaa. Long ass day.
Without dropping a light on a plant? :welldone:
Haaa haaaa. Wheeeew!
:goodluck: I think that plant is a bush come hell or high water!
I think you're right. LOL.
Wow, your garden tent is absolutely pumping BA! I loved the pictorial about using the Aloe pad too, interesting to see that done. Looking really good.
Thanks Stung!
Quite a variety, well documented! Have a few Aloes growing, never knew it was good for weed.
Are the enzymes meant to "heal" as it does for us?
Hey Scott. Thanks for following along. Much appreciated. Aloe is a powerful bio-accumulating plant. It stores a lot of nutrients and minerals. The enzymes and hormones are a big boost to root growth. Check out some extra info below.

Aloe Vera Benefits to Plants
Growth & root development
"In addition to human-use, we can apply the stellar properties of aloe vera to benefit other plants – like those in your garden! Aloe contains plant hormones that help stimulate new root growth, aid in seed germination, and can ease or prevent transplant shock. We try to water our newly transplanted seedlings with aloe vera, especially if they’re looking stressed. Another way to prevent transplant shock is properly hardening off indoor seedlings before they are planted outdoors.

As a nutrient accumulator, aloe vera is reported to contain over 75 active constituents, including amino acids, enzymes, lignins, polysaccharides, minerals, vitamins (A, C, E, and B2, 3, 5, 6, & 12) along with choline, calcium, magnesium, zinc & more. These things combined make aloe a natural, mild but potent “fertilizer” for plants. This superfood-like tonic can be used for enhancing root development, cell strength, and overall plant vitality!

Disease resistance & resilience
Aloe vera also promotes a strong plant immune system for disease resistance. It contains three very important compounds for plant health: acemannan, saponins, and salicylic acid.

Acemannan is a therapeutic compound in aloe vera that stimulates the immune system and has antiviral, antibacterial, antitumor, and antifungal properties. It also aids in wound healing. Saponins help protect the plant from harmful microbes, yeast, mold, and fungi.

Salicylic acid is involved in local and systemic plant defense responses against pathogens, by enhancing the plant’s systemic acquired resistance (SAR). SAR is essentially the plant equivalent of the human immune system. It protects the plant and increases its resistance to environmental stresses such as drought, chilling, heat, heavy metal toxicity, and osmotic stress.

Pretty rad, right?! And guess what? We can easily gift all of the good stuff inside aloe to other plants – through a soil drench or foliar spray.. I’m sure you’re eager to try now after reading all of that!"

Source Link

Hey everyone! I hope it was a good weekend for everyone. It was a doozy for me...but it was mostly a good time! I spent nearly all day in the tent on Saturday doing a bunch of trimming and pruning! So that was time well spent. A few edibles and some puffs of Trainwreck got me in the gardening mood. I knew I was in for a physical battle with this process too, so that helped my mind get prepared and overall just not give a shit about the pain.

This post is going to be quite picture heavy so strap in and warm up your scrolling finger. Thanks for stopping by as always. Blessings.

My last update was flip day 18. Today is day 22. So let's fill in this gap!

Bushy little plants!

Quick showcase on the lights in my tent. Specifically the ones sponsored by @BESTVA LED last year! The Pro4000 in the middle has really helped boost the drop-off at the edges of the smaller lights.

Onto Saturday morning and the preparation for a savage sessions with the scissors! Some more general before, progress, and after pics.

First in line was C99. She is in a 7 gal fabric pot.

Ooooof...I took off a total of 6 lower branches. All three of those nodes should have removed last month. During my GSC grow, I let those grow out and had loads of larfy buds. This time, it took me longer to recognize that but at least I caught it and made the choice to chop. Will pay dividends in the upper canopy!

I worked my way up the plant first. Hardest decisions were the 3 lowest nodes. Then I worked on clear cutting any larf growth 2-3 nodes on each branch after that. Should help keep the inner canopy free of future congestion.

I used my fruit tree pruning mentality. What is an easy decision now? For me, it is any growth that is pointing in toward the trunk. I work my way around the plant and take off the obvious stuff. Then I keep working around the plant and pull down branches to see growth pointing up or in twisted directions. Those are always the easiest decisions to make that will make space for light to reach the inner canopy.

Worm food!

C99 is out of tent to make space. Next up for a haircut is the Queen of Soul in a 7 gal self-watering pot. She's on the front right. See how nasty the floor can get! Yuck!

Part of the plan for today was to move her to the back right and bring the Candida to the front. So I switched the lights and plants around.

Next up was the one I knew would need the most time and attention. The Candida. This plant has exploded with growth! After growing her out like this, I won't ever spread her out again. She simply bushes and branches out too much. Next round will be a different approach to minimize pruning.

I took off a lot of lower canopy growth like this. She pushed out a lot of growth that was squeezing and twisting its way to the top. Much of this could have been trimmed up earlier too. No choice but to make space!

Literally spent hours on her and still wasn't done. I ended up adding more bamboo supports and wired up a bunch of branches too. She already flopping around a lot. I'm thinking a higher silica routine would help this for future grows.

Ok, next up is Rosetta Stone.

That wraps up my Saturday morning, mid day, and early evening with the plants. Literally started at 10:30 that morning and stopped at lights out (6pm)! What a great day! Here they are right before lights out.

To be continued...
:drool::goodjob:

- V

I am horrible at retaining many of the details I learn from the countless journals I read and even from the responses I get on my own journals. I do apologize for that frustrating aspect of my tenure here. Bookmarks! I know...
I could have written that same quote Baked:high-five:My brother!

Queen of Soul

Rosetta Stone

Love your pruning and aloe process dude!
So any luck catching the prick that hit your truck and ran?

Thanks Verb! I'm drooling too. Chomping at the bit to chop them down already!
I could have written that same quote Baked:high-five:My brother!
Thanks Otter! Yeah, it's a frustrating aspect of my brain and I imagine I frustrate the shit out of a lot of people in my life (includes a lot of you here).
Love your pruning and aloe process dude!
:high-five::headbanger:
So any luck catching the prick that hit your truck and ran?
Nah man. Nothing yet.

Hey everyone! I hope it's going okay for you right now as you're reading this. Sending you all good vibes. My soul is hurting with so much hurting happening in our worls.

Got cool news! I'll be a part of a 5 grower comparison grow featuring @DYNOMYCO ! So that's exciting. I'll be creating a new journal dedicated to that and will post a link here in case anyone is interested.

@InTheShed I'm going to need your help/memory with a convo we were having recently about getting plants outside earlier with supplemental lighting. Do you remember which thread that was? I meant to quote that and post it here a week or two ago. I forgot to post my experiment here in this journal. I would like to go back to that journal and post about the results thus far.

Folks, the gist of the convo was I trying something new with my clones and supplemental light. Slowly bringing the amount of hours down but still keep them past the 12hr mark to not induce flowering. Well that experiment had backfired. I think I went too fast with the transition and I caused most of the clones to go to pre-flower. I was too slow to recognize that but I'm also not too concerned about it either. I still have plenty of time to grow some amazing plants. So they will have to make the transition back and re-veg for a while.

My thought process... :rolleyes: was to slowly take the clones from 18+ hrs of light down to 13 hrs to match the natural daylight cycle. That cycle was 13+ hrs of light and increasing everyday heading into the summer. Most growers use supplemental light well into June so that there is no chance of pre-flowering. I'd like to figure out what the prime time to relocate plants in my garden is without supplemental light. That was the goal. This year's experiment was a failure. I got pre-flowers all over the place. I thought it was a success until a few days ago. It seemed like they popped out of nowhere but it was my inexperienced eyes playing tricks on me. They stalled out and weren't growing much. They were most definitely confused with all the cold and shorter days. Hormones were in transition and I didn't recognize it.

I wanted to be sure to share this for anyone else thinking of trying shorter days that are too short, heading into the outdoor garden season.

With all that out of the way, let me share some pics from 5/9 when I transplanted a few of my clones into their final spot for the season. What's done is done and now to see how they progress and learn from it!

First up was Rosetta Stone.

Check out all the baby worms right underneath where's she has been for the past few weeks. This was a fraction of the population I saw after I started digging out the hole where she went. This pot is primed and ready for a massive plant!
I have a lot of tops looking like this right now. I topped every branch she had a few weeks ago.

All done and mulched. I have a wire cage around her and plan to train her to be taller on the north side of the container to maximize sunlight hours.

Next up was Cinderella 99 which was the worst looking of the bunch. She got a prime spot in the raised garden bed. Let's see what she does and if she recovers. Technically, I shouldn't need to feed any plants in the raised beds. But I will be giving them all a bi-weekly topdressing of organic nutrients.

Candida in her bucket. I haven't grown in these before but I wanted to see if I like it.

And the last one was a Queen of Soul, also in the garden bed

I'll post some update pics of the outdoor garden every week or two. So far, the transplant went well and they are all looking happy. It's going to be a slow grind to October!

I really do appreciate y'all for checking in and reading up on what I'm doing. I'm trying my best to stay up-to-date with your journals too. It has been a difficult balance and I feel very self-conscious about forgetting or missing updates from your journals. Blessings everyone.

Hey everyone! I hope it's going okay for you right now as you're reading this. Sending you all good vibes. My soul is hurting with so much hurting happening in our worls.

Got cool news! I'll be a part of a 5 grower comparison grow featuring @DYNOMYCO ! So that's exciting. I'll be creating a new journal dedicated to that and will post a link here in case anyone is interested.

@InTheShed I'm going to need your help/memory with a convo we were having recently about getting plants outside earlier with supplemental lighting. Do you remember which thread that was? I meant to quote that and post it here a week or two ago. I forgot to post my experiment here in this journal. I would like to go back to that journal and post about the results thus far.

Folks, the gist of the convo was I trying something new with my clones and supplemental light. Slowly bringing the amount of hours down but still keep them past the 12hr mark to not induce flowering. Well that experiment had backfired. I think I went too fast with the transition and I caused most of the clones to go to pre-flower. I was too slow to recognize that but I'm also not too concerned about it either. I still have plenty of time to grow some amazing plants. So they will have to make the transition back and re-veg for a while.

My thought process... :rolleyes: was to slowly take the clones from 18+ hrs of light down to 13 hrs to match the natural daylight cycle. That cycle was 13+ hrs of light and increasing everyday heading into the summer. Most growers use supplemental light well into June so that there is no chance of pre-flowering. I'd like to figure out what the prime time to relocate plants in my garden is without supplemental light. That was the goal. This year's experiment was a failure. I got pre-flowers all over the place. I thought it was a success until a few days ago. It seemed like they popped out of nowhere but it was my inexperienced eyes playing tricks on me. They stalled out and weren't growing much. They were most definitely confused with all the cold and shorter days. Hormones were in transition and I didn't recognize it.

I wanted to be sure to share this for anyone else thinking of trying shorter days that are too short, heading into the outdoor garden season.

With all that out of the way, let me share some pics from 5/9 when I transplanted a few of my clones into their final spot for the season. What's done is done and now to see how they progress and learn from it!

First up was Rosetta Stone.

Check out all the baby worms right underneath where's she has been for the past few weeks. This was a fraction of the population I saw after I started digging out the hole where she went. This pot is primed and ready for a massive plant!
I have a lot of tops looking like this right now. I topped every branch she had a few weeks ago.

All done and mulched. I have a wire cage around her and plan to train her to be taller on the north side of the container to maximize sunlight hours.

Next up was Cinderella 99 which was the worst looking of the bunch. She got a prime spot in the raised garden bed. Let's see what she does and if she recovers. Technically, I shouldn't need to feed any plants in the raised beds. But I will be giving them all a bi-weekly topdressing of organic nutrients.

Candida in her bucket. I haven't grown in these before but I wanted to see if I like it.

And the last one was a Queen of Soul, also in the garden bed

I'll post some update pics of the outdoor garden every week or two. So far, the transplant went well and they are all looking happy. It's going to be a slow grind to October!

I really do appreciate y'all for checking in and reading up on what I'm doing. I'm trying my best to stay up-to-date with your journals too. It has been a difficult balance and I feel very self-conscious about forgetting or missing updates from your journals. Blessings everyone.
Love the outdoors garden :) Wish I'd have an opportunity in here regardless of the climate and the law to grow outdoors.
And sorry about the clones. Fast drop down to 13h light per day might trigger them into the transistion.

Stay safe
- V

And sorry about the clones. Fast drop down to 13h light per day might trigger them into the transistion.
It was a relatively slow transition (in my head). I had them outside in the greenhouse for a few weeks under 18+. Then I started to let them experience night temp drops by leaving the door open for a week. Still at 18. Then I started to bring it down an hour over the course of a couple weeks until they were all outside with only ambient light from the greenhouse. Then in early April, I moved them completely away from the greenhouse where they only got 13+ naturally. So it wasn't fast in my head but I suppose the natural tendency of the plant hormones to transition with any sort of reduced light hours can trigger it. I'm thinking I can do it...but will need to put them out probably no sooner than early May for my zone.

First off, the plants (and worms) are loving your garden. All that hard work is paying off big-time!
I'm going to need your help/memory with a convo we were having recently about getting plants outside earlier with supplemental lighting. Do you remember which thread that was?
I don't recall where it was but we definitely had it, if that helps! :cheesygrinsmiley:
trying something new with my clones and supplemental light. Slowly bringing the amount of hours down but still keep them past the 12hr mark to not induce flowering. Well that experiment had backfired. I think I went too fast with the transition and I caused most of the clones to go to pre-flower. I was too slow to recognize that but I'm also not too concerned about it either. I still have plenty of time to grow some amazing plants. So they will have to make the transition back and re-veg for a while.
I'm doing that with a Doug's Varin clone that I'm giving to an outside grower. It's been on 24/0 the whole time and now I have to get it used to 13 hours of sun! I've been putting it in the closet for a couple of hours after sunset to start the process, but I hope I can do it slow enough not to flip it but fast enough to get rid of it before it needs to be upcanned out of the 1 gallon!
was to slowly take the clones from 18+ hrs of light down to 13 hrs to match the natural daylight cycle. That cycle was 13+ hrs of light and increasing everyday heading into the summer. Most growers use supplemental light well into June so that there is no chance of pre-flowering. I'd like to figure out what the prime time to relocate plants in my garden is without supplemental light. That was the goal. This year's experiment was a failure. I got pre-flowers all over the place. I thought it was a success until a few days ago. It seemed like they popped out of nowhere but it was my inexperienced eyes playing tricks on me. They stalled out and weren't growing much. They were most definitely confused with all the cold and shorter days. Hormones were in transition and I didn't recognize it.
I'd say you're early enough in the year to get some great growth after the reveg. Can't wait for October! :nomo:
It happens Baked. I don't know if it any advantage but I started my Candida's on 17 hrs of light today 16 next week 15 the next. That might do it for them and then outdoors to see.
I hope it works Otter!
Fast drop down to 13h light per day might trigger them into the transistion.
I remember @Archiweedies changed his tent from 18/6 to 16/8 and his Durban Poison started flowering just from that. Luckily he flipped shortly after so it didn't have time to reveg.

First off, the plants (and worms) are loving your garden. All that hard work is paying off big-time!

I don't recall where it was but we definitely had it, if that helps! :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm doing that with a Doug's Varin clone that I'm giving to an outside grower. It's been on 24/0 the whole time and now I have to get it used to 13 hours of sun! I've been putting it in the closet for a couple of hours after sunset to start the process, but I hope I can do it slow enough not to flip it but fast enough to get rid of it before it needs to be upcanned out of the 1 gallon!

I'd say you're early enough in the year to get some great growth after the reveg. Can't wait for October! :nomo:

I hope it works Otter!

I remember @Archiweedies changed his tent from 18/6 to 16/8 and his Durban Poison started flowering just from that. Luckily he flipped shortly after so it didn't have time to reveg.
I did it last year. They slow growing some and get a little weird like they almost switch to flower but not. I'm not sure that's the best we can do. I just can't figure out the cure.

Back
Top Bottom