Bassman's Master Kush - Blue Planet Nutes - Grow Stealth LED Grow #3

Great Job! Those buds are looking nice and frosty. I can't wait to see what the new LEDs are like. I have some UFO's that I use for veg only.

If and when I run my hydro unit again, I plan to use the same BPN nutes as you are using too.
:morenutes:
Now I am subbed to your journal.
:high-five:

Great Job! Those buds are looking nice and frosty. I can't wait to see what the new LEDs are like. I have some UFO's that I use for veg only.

If and when I run my hydro unit again, I plan to use the same BPN nutes as you are using too.
:morenutes:
Now I am subbed to your journal.
:high-five:

Yes the BPN nutes are really awesome.

In veg I also add Fox Farms Bush Doctor Microbe Brew. It really seems to help the root zone grow strong.

And WELCOME! You're in for the best part! About 4-5 weeks left I think.

Mini Update, no pics.

Took my morning look in on the girls when I got home from work today. They look great of course. No real issues, a bit warm though. I temp reading on the side of the led where there are slots and near the heatsink says 105-109. On top of the led but not over the fan exhausts of the led, 91-92f. Place the probe over the exhausts fans of the led and it's 82-84 or so.

Temp at the top of the 5 gal buckets, bottom of plants is 77-81. Depending on my household AC cycle it seems.

So I think overall, the heat is in the upper range but not bad. Since I am also supplementing C02 a bit with the TnB naturals C02 enhancer, I think it's fine.

The big news is the buds! They are looking great no doubt. Lots & lots of frosty trichomes all over. But today for the first time I gave a gentle squeeze to one of the larger buds under the hps. HOLY MOSES! DENSE as hell! I gave a couple others a light squeeze and same thing. I reached in to only one of the buds under the LED and it's dense too, not quite as much, but still good.

I am really impressed though with how tight these buds are. Now it's hard to say for sure since I have 3-4 different things going on from this grow, so I can't say why the density is there with any reliability.

Is it the individual buckets medium and recirc being so much cleaner than before?

Is it the BPN Bloom Booster?

Is it the HPS addition to the LED?

Is it the co2 enhancement?

Is it the strain?

No clue, but I aint changing a thing for now!

If they grow as I suspect they will, and maintain the density, 2 lbs may be within reach. I would be surprised though. There is one monster strong big fat girl and the other three are just good. The others just are not as fat. But they are every bit as juicy.

Pics in a couple days I guess.

All of the above + your skill level is going up! :high-five:

I missed the part about you adding co2 to the mix...I'll have to look back for it. I wouldn't sweat the heat (no pun intended lol), as long as humidity is in check. You being in the desert, I know your fine in that department.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the end result here. Keep up the great work, Bass!

Hey thanks a bunch dog.

The C02 additive is just supplemental. It's from TnB naturals a new sponsor here. I don't really have a clue how much in ppm it's adding to the tent. I wouldnt think it's tons like a regulated unit can produce. But certainly some help. And it allows the higher temps a little more with additional CO2 in the air as I understand it too.

I'm looking forward to the results too man! With the density I'm seeing at this point, and who knows how much swelling to come over the next 3-4 weeks, I might be pleasantly surprised.

I can tell you this, one touch of anything in the upper 1/2 and my fingers are stanky and sticky!

Update:

Day 41 Flower, Day 50 12/12 (actually 10.5 on, 13.5 off).

Home from work this morning, Girls looking great. Starting to see some brown hairs. The stickiness is really insane.

Did some lower fan removals. A few higher ones too, but not a lot.

PPM 1170 (2.34 e.c.)
PH 5.3 (it's been running low)

This grow is really smooth sailing to be honest. I could be wrong here, but I think, in hydro, having a large space for roots to grow in has a huge bearing on how big and fat they can get. It seems every larger plant I've seen in hydro is in 5 gal or larger containers. Couple that with my experience of multiple plants in a 7 gal container and it leads me to believe this. As well, folks running in 3" netpots, ebb n flo and such rarely veg their girls much if at all. The netpots and 2-3" pvc just cant support that much plant I think. /shrug

The only thing that would make this better is 3" pvc recirculation rather than 3/4" tubing. The flow from 3" pvc would just be so much better I think.

The density of these buds is pretty awesome. No airyness whatsoever. I have no clue how much they will swell in the weeks to come, but if there are no issues and it keeps going I'll probably triple the yield from these 4 plants over last grows 6 plants. And the amount of trichs thus far is just a ton more.

Turned off the LED to take pics this week. Still not great pics but a few are purdy.

P60900011.JPG
P60900021.JPG
P6090004.JPG
P6090005.JPG
P6090008.JPG
P60900091.JPG
P60900101.JPG
P6090013.JPG
P60900141.JPG
P6090015.JPG
P60900161.JPG
P6090017.JPG
P6090018.JPG
P6090020.JPG
P6090021.JPG
P6090023.JPG
P6090022.JPG
P6090024.JPG

I use the monster bloom mix and 6-7ml/g of Liquid Blue. I also have to add calmag+ at 5ml/g. I add hygrozyme @ 6ml/g, and AN B52 @ 8-8.5ml/g.

This makes for about 1400ppm (using .500 conversion meter), maybe 1500 ppm.

I can't ever drain 100% of the old mix out, but that's the area it comes too. I know that's hot, but I let it go. In 24 hrs, I have to add 1-2 gals of water so I add straight ro water. I will add straight ro water daily until the ppm gets down to a range of around 1000-1100. Then on the next water add, I'll do a 1 gal mix using ratios above.

An explanation of how I take daily readings:

This recirculating system holds roughly 16-17 gals. I lose 2 gals per day, like clockwork.

When I get home from work the lights have been on for 1-4 hrs. I take an initial reading. But mostly to look at ph. I still take a look at e.c. Based on past experience this will let me know if I'm likely to add nutrients today.

I top off with straight ro water to my desired height. Again, it's 2 gals almost like clockwork. I will add ph up/dn at this time.

I let this recirc for a good 90 mins before I take a real reading. Get it all mixed up good. After 90 mins I look at the ppm. If it's 1000 or lower, I pull about a 1/2 gal out, add the mix of above for a 1 gal measure. Add it back in. I won't check it again for another 90 mins. But generally speaking it will bring my ppm to 1250 or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But generally I'm shooting for 1150-1250ppm. When it does bring it in this range, I generally won't find a need to add for 2 days or so. Sometimes more.

I still think I am feeding them a bit hot, and maybe wasting nutrient. Not so hot as to create burn. Just wasting some. But the BPN nutrients are not so expensive as say Advanced, so I don't worry about it.

If I get the next grow going with new buckets and a proper sealed 2" pvc setup, I'll try bringing my numbers down to 2.0 e.c. or less. I'll be able to fully drain that system better.

I use the monster bloom mix and 6-7ml/g of Liquid Blue. I also have to add calmag+ at 5ml/g. I add hygrozyme @ 6ml/g, and AN B52 @ 8-8.5ml/g.

This makes for about 1400ppm (using .500 conversion meter), maybe 1500 ppm.

I can't ever drain 100% of the old mix out, but that's the area it comes too. I know that's hot, but I let it go. In 24 hrs, I have to add 1-2 gals of water so I add straight ro water. I will add straight ro water daily until the ppm gets down to a range of around 1000-1100. Then on the next water add, I'll do a 1 gal mix using ratios above.

An explanation of how I take daily readings:

This recirculating system holds roughly 16-17 gals. I lose 2 gals per day, like clockwork.

When I get home from work the lights have been on for 1-4 hrs. I take an initial reading. But mostly to look at ph. I still take a look at e.c. Based on past experience this will let me know if I'm likely to add nutrients today.

I top off with straight ro water to my desired height. Again, it's 2 gals almost like clockwork. I will add ph up/dn at this time.

I let this recirc for a good 90 mins before I take a real reading. Get it all mixed up good. After 90 mins I look at the ppm. If it's 1000 or lower, I pull about a 1/2 gal out, add the mix of above for a 1 gal measure. Add it back in. I won't check it again for another 90 mins. But generally speaking it will bring my ppm to 1250 or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. But generally I'm shooting for 1150-1250ppm. When it does bring it in this range, I generally won't find a need to add for 2 days or so. Sometimes more.

I still think I am feeding them a bit hot, and maybe wasting nutrient. Not so hot as to create burn. Just wasting some. But the BPN nutrients are not so expensive as say Advanced, so I don't worry about it.

If I get the next grow going with new buckets and a proper sealed 2" pvc setup, I'll try bringing my numbers down to 2.0 e.c. or less. I'll be able to fully drain that system better.

Hey Bass, I have a few questions for you on this post..........
Why are you not using the max of 8ml per gal of the liquid blue? Your not far from the max already

Why are you using cal/mag? Are you seeing deficiencies? Does the two part not have enough already?

How are you able to tell how much of the nute solution the plants are using that you can replace the nutes without overdoing it?
Example, Lets say you see a drop in the PPM because the plants are using up a lot of the "N"......there is no real way to tell this other then seeing a drop in PPM. But you add your nute mix so now they are getting too much "P" and "K"....makes sense?

Do you stop using the Fox Farms microbes once your in flower??

I think thats about it for now lol

Hey thanks a bunch dog.

The C02 additive is just supplemental. It's from TnB naturals a new sponsor here. I don't really have a clue how much in ppm it's adding to the tent. I wouldnt think it's tons like a regulated unit can produce. But certainly some help. And it allows the higher temps a little more with additional CO2 in the air as I understand it too.

I'm looking forward to the results too man! With the density I'm seeing at this point, and who knows how much swelling to come over the next 3-4 weeks, I might be pleasantly surprised.

I can tell you this, one touch of anything in the upper 1/2 and my fingers are stanky and sticky!

I'm going to check that sponsor out. I've looked into similar co2 additives that are for smaller scale grows. I run 24/7 ventilation in my tent, constant exhaust, but it's in my bedroom closet. I was thinking of running a timer for my vent fans to shut off when the light goes out, maybe for two hours or so. Or would the plants still benefit even with the exhaust? Any thoughts on this?

Hey Bass, I have a few questions for you on this post..........
Why are you not using the max of 8ml per gal of the liquid blue? Your not far from the max already

Why are you using cal/mag? Are you seeing deficiencies? Does the two part not have enough already?

How are you able to tell how much of the nute solution the plants are using that you can replace the nutes without overdoing it?
Example, Lets say you see a drop in the PPM because the plants are using up a lot of the "N"......there is no real way to tell this other then seeing a drop in PPM. But you add your nute mix so now they are getting too much "P" and "K"....makes sense?

Do you stop using the Fox Farms microbes once your in flower??

I think thats about it for now lol

Hi Alaskan. I'll let Bass answer the direct questions, don't want/mean to thread jack. I did want to touch on your N-P-K question involving ppm. It's all about what stage of growth you're in. N for veg, P for root growth, and K for flowering. That's why nute schedules call for more N during veg and then up the K and lower N for bloom. With a 1000 ppm example. During veg a lot of that would be N and P. Staying at 1000 for bloom would include less N, same P, and more K. In a nutshell. Hope that makes sense :thumb:

@ AK1

I recalled talking to Corey and he mentioned 6ml/g.

I use straight ro water. If I don't add calmag I will have issues. May not be needed for those that can use tap.

Ya, No idea exactly how much they use of a given nutrient. But, based on the feeding schedule we should be within reason.

I used the fox farm microbes for the 1st two weeks of flower, then cut it off.

I think your mums will like it.

The HPS is helping my grow out I think. Been only two weeks but they are doing great. heat is up, but not terribly high.

I am pretty damn sure quality and quantity this grow is going to be my best yet. But I also attribute much of that to individual buckets with better recirc. Coupled with more total light with both lights in there as well.

That's good to hear Bass! Sounds like a great final set up.:cheer:
Good on ya Bud!
:goodjob:

Got home from work today and the big girls is a leaner. She was looking ok until I reached down into the middle of the gal and plucked 6-8 fans. That little bit of pushing a cpl branches to the side was just enough to make her roll a bit.

This tells me the weight on the branches is already getting up there and we have 2 weeks or so, maybe more to go.

I have not started scoping the trichs yet. But I am hoping for 2-3 weeks more bulking up time. According to Nirvana, it's a 7-9 week flowering period and we're at 45 now since first flowers appeared. I might gander a few shots under my scope but I dont expect cloudy yet.

I'll hate to start setting up some ties and netting in the next couple days. Today I'm just too tired.

*** Oh I also started my new journal for my Kosher Kush ladies for next grow! Plz go check it out, link in my sig!**** :thumb:

I read a really cool grow book, and am still re-reading it. It's in a newspaper print, magazine style called The Grow Book Vol II. Anyway the author simply states; if you don't have to tie your branches up during flower, you've failed. lol
Good job Bass, your girls are putting on weight!

Off to your new journal to check it out...

I read a really cool grow book, and am still re-reading it. It's in a newspaper print, magazine style called The Grow Book Vol II. Anyway the author simply states; if you don't have to tie your branches up during flower, you've failed. lol
Good job Bass, your girls are putting on weight!

Off to your new journal to check it out...

It's kinda funny because just the other day I was thinking to myself, I'm going to have to set up some ties soon and should prepare for it. I just didnt think it was going to be needed this soon. I guess I was off on my timing a bit. I had been thinking this was a 8-10 week strain rather than a 7-9 week. And The nugs are pretty tight and dense.

It's kinda tough with this grow. Only four plants and I can't put one step into the tent. While one girls is exactly as planned with width, a real fat girl, the others are not as fat, but still not lanky either. And they are all full of nice bud.

I wonder, once I get this defoliation technique down pat, with 10z plus yields per plant, if 3 plants will be the max for the 4x4 tent. It's probably going to take another couple grows to get it figured out. And learn the strains well, as each can be a little different. I am liking this Master Kush thus far though.

I had a feeling the Master kush would turn out for you. If they blend yield with potency you can't lose. I guess I will pop some of my MK seeds this fall.

Back
Top Bottom