Blackberry Kush 400W MH/HPS 4x4 & Maybe More

A silver dime is 3.99
2005 S **CAMEO PROOF** ROOSEVELT DIME (90% SILVER) FROM U.S. MINT SET // MC 815 | eBay
An old, pre-64 dime in crap shape, is about $1.00 at a coin store.
Sweet, yeah, that's what I was thinking of doing, was just going down to the local coin store and buying some Mercury dimes with the faces all faded off. I use to get them for like $.60 when I was a kid. No shipping either! lol

Now I just gotta look up how to make it with a cell-phone charger. I've already got one with both wires hooked up to alligator clips to charge up a bad tablet I had.

Thanks, that's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. Kind of interested now if the reason why people say to not smoke any plant sprayed with CS is because they've generated it with coins. The guy in that video said not to use sterling silver and I got to thinking about it, and that's probably not bad advice especially for U.S. coins because they were only 90% silver and the rest was copper. I've been trying to find why people are saying not to smoke a CS sprayed plant, as silver fumes are non-toxic. I guess maybe it's a "better safe than sorry" thing.

But the copper content in coins makes me worry about spraying a plant with it. As far as I know, plants don't really like copper very much. Then on the other hand, maybe that added stress would make the plant think it was in trouble and shoot staminate flowers.

Well, things that make you go hmmmm

I guess I'm making a trip to the coin store though.

Thanks, that's pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking. Kind of interested now if the reason why people say to not smoke any plant sprayed with CS is because they've generated it with coins. The guy in that video said not to use sterling silver and I got to thinking about it, and that's probably not bad advice especially for U.S. coins because they were only 90% silver and the rest was copper. I've been trying to find why people are saying not to smoke a CS sprayed plant, as silver fumes are non-toxic. I guess maybe it's a "better safe than sorry" thing.

But the copper content in coins makes me worry about spraying a plant with it. As far as I know, plants don't really like copper very much. Then on the other hand, maybe that added stress would make the plant think it was in trouble and shoot staminate flowers.

Well, things that make you go hmmmm

I guess I'm making a trip to the coin store though.

As far as not smoking it.. don't worry. You won't be able too. Anything it's come in contact with turns to instant horrible :cough:
You won't even want to use it for oil. Interesting point on the coin generated CS in regards to copper and other metals :hmmmm: I've never made my own CS but STS (silver thiosulfate solution) is easy and just pennies per gallon in the end. Works just as well with only a few treatments. My two components ran about $23 total and will likely last the rest of my natural life lol. It was STS that really got me thinking about the current CS methods and instigated the experiments.

and is tap water really 144 ppm ??? :yikes: I'm on well water and it's been 44ppm for ever lol.

Patience is the balancing point between being to busy to do anything about it, and too burned out to care. :Namaste:

:passitleft:

As far as not smoking it.. don't worry. You won't be able too. Anything it's come in contact with turns to instant horrible :cough:
You won't even want to use it for oil. Interesting point on the coin generated CS in regards to copper and other metals :hmmmm: I've never made my own CS but STS (silver thiosulfate solution) is easy and just pennies per gallon in the end. Works just as well with only a few treatments. My two components ran about $23 total and will likely last the rest of my natural life lol. It was STS that really got me thinking about the current CS methods and instigated the experiments.

and is tap water really 144 ppm ??? :yikes: I'm on well water and it's been 44ppm for ever lol.

Patience is the balancing point between being to busy to do anything about it, and too burned out to care. :Namaste:

:passitleft:

Heh yeah I noticed that too, my tapwater is only 40-50 too.

Makes me wonder what the PPM of my CS really was if I was measuring it at 60 with the tap water mixed in... Except when I tried to dilute 1 ounce of the 240 PPM CS solution into 3 ounces of water, it only ended up like 40 PPM instead of the 60 I expected by diluting it 4x.

Maybe I ought to look more into the silver thiosulfate, but that stuff looks hard to source the ingredients.

Heh yeah I noticed that too, my tapwater is only 40-50 too.

Makes me wonder what the PPM of my CS really was if I was measuring it at 60 with the tap water mixed in... Except when I tried to dilute 1 ounce of the 240 PPM CS solution into 3 ounces of water, it only ended up like 40 PPM instead of the 60 I expected by diluting it 4x.

Maybe I ought to look more into the silver thiosulfate, but that stuff looks hard to source the ingredients.

Getting it wasn't to bad. Just a few minutes with the warrior lady from south america.. though I did end up with a free bottle of titanium dioxide and extra few days for the thiosulfate lol. He was very nice about the error and fixed it quickly.

Okay I have been keeping bad notes, so need to track down some records to see when I started these clones.

(So I can search the thread to find log posts easily)
***LOG UPDATE***

3/12/17 Clones taken, according to future posts

On 3/13/17 the clones were in a dome.
Platinum Girl Scout Cookies - 400W MH/HPS - 4x4 Tent Grow

On 3/15/17 I made this post, saying they had been in that dome for 7 days with no roots.
Anyone use GH RapidStart for cloning solution? 7 days and no roots here

On 3/18/ I saw two cubes with roots sprouting, according to this post.
Anyone use GH RapidStart for cloning solution? 7 days and no roots here

Somewhere in here, I transplated into the solo cups, so lemme find those pictures. I took some to document my transplanting process. That's mykos I'm putting on the roots. According to the filenames that was 3/18 as well.

IMG_20170318_143219.jpg
IMG_20170318_142331.jpg
IMG_20170318_142604.jpg
IMG_20170318_143207.jpg

So it took from 3/12 to 3/18 for the clones to root

I think I must have misounted in that previous post.

On 3/23/17 the clones had been established and transplanted into 1 gallon pots. I'm counting this as the start of their life, but want to have an idea of when I took the clones.

On 4/15/17 I up-potted the clones into 3 gallon pots

So that makes...

3/12 to 3/18: Rooting clones
6 Days

3/18 to 3/23: Establishing clones
5 Days

3/23 to 4/15: Rooting into 1 gallon containers
23 Days

3/29 FIM'd

4/15 to Present: Growing into 3 gallon containers
30 Days

I also took cuttings off the scrog plant on 4/07 just before flowering it. Those have been sitting in my vegetable crisper, I'm going to try to root them just to see how long I can keep cuttings in the fridge like that.

So this might seem like useless information but it gives me a little idea how long I will need to clone and root plants, and also gives a little insight into why I had so much root stress. I think the transition from 1 gallon to 3 gallon containers probably could have been postponed for another 1-2 weeks. Only one of the plants really had a really well formed root-ball. I can't really track when I did or didn't use Superthrive in all that mess either.

Anyway, given all this information, and knowing that this strain finishes in 8-9 weeks, I have some timing decisions to make in regards to figure out how to cycle. This is mostly academic since I am considering switching strains soon, but if the CS plant doesn't give me pollen, I'm going to be hanging in there with this strain.

Cloning time: 1 Week ( I might give it 2 just for wiggle room )

Flowering time: 8 Weeks

Drying time (Because I need my tent as a darkspace to hang the rack): 1 Week

Sooo a possible schedule could be...

1. Cut and hang in the flower tent. Going to buy a humidistat to keep this controlled at 50 RH and is already controlled via temperature to never go above 77.
2. Start clones from plants in Veg chamber
3. Allow 1 week drying in dark tent, then begin curing and move plants from Veg tent into flower tent and begin 12/12
4. Let clones root under T5 in Veg tent as their donors begin flowering.
5. Gradually up-pot plants in Veg chamber while other plants flower. This could get complicated
6. Take cuts from plants in Veg chamber.
7. Repeat from Step 1.

With that plan I could harvest once every 2 months, but my concerns are

1. Will my plants be big enough to take clones off of by the time the flowering plants are done
2. How will I shuffle between final pot size...

Up until now I've been finishing in 3 gallon pots, with relatively small plants. I have been considering going up to 5, or maybe even 7 gallon pots. I think this would also be a pretty good idea because then I could keep the 3 gallons I have now, and just transition gradually up to those through vegetation, and then transplant into the 5 or 7 gallon flowering pots. My worry is that if I transplant into the final pot, and then immediately flip, that it won't really root into the final pot and would just be a waste.

The alternative, and I think better but more expensive, would just be to have 2x the amount of flowering pots I plan to have at a time. That way I can transplant the veg plants into the larger sized pots a couple weeks before I plan to flip them, to let them root into their big homes.

Number 2 is the more pressing issue for me right now, because I will be harvesting these in the middle of next month which means if I want to follow that bigger-pot plan, then I would need to go out and transplant my veg plants within the next couple of weeks. I could swing the money, but probably only for 5 gallon pots and even then it would be all I have--yeah I don't make much. But it also puts a kink in cycling if I just finish in the 3 gallon pots I have now, because then I will be stuck with 1 gallon pots through the whole cycle the next go around.

Man, the logistics of this crap is what really gets complicated. I think the long and short of it, is that I need to get 8-10 5gal pots now if I want to be able to start cycling in a month or two. Hard to think ahead but I believe that and a few bags of soil will do it.

Edit: Okay, thought about it a bit more...

If I have 4 sets of pots: Solo cups, 1 Gallon, 3 Gallon, and the 5 gallon

Week 1: Clones root
Week 2: Clones go into Solo cups
Week 4 Clones go into 1 Gallons
Week 6. Veg Plants go into 3 Gallons
Week 8. Veg Plants go into 5 Gallons, Flower Plants get Cut and Hung
Week 9. Veg plants Wait, Flowers Dry
Week 10. Veg plants go into Flower Tent to flip in 12/12

Or...

Week 1: Clones Root
Week 2: Clones go into Solo Cups
Week 4: Clones go into 1 Gallon Containers
Week 6: Veg Plants go into 3 Gallon Containers
Week 8: Veg plants continue in 3 Gallon Containers, Flower plants cut and hung
Week 9: Veg plants go into Flower tent to flip to 12/12

I'd still need to get 4-5 more 3gal pots, which would be a little bit more affordable in terms of how much soil I need too. Plus it would cut another week out of the odd leap-week cycle. Maybe I should build a drying box so I don't have to waste that week for dark time in the flower tent, but that could wait for the next cycle along with bigger pots.

Sorry for anyone reading all this, I just have to write it down to figure out what I'm doing.

IMG_20170507_135837.jpg

HOT WATER
IMG_20170507_140456.jpg

UNTIL THIS
IMG_20170507_140507.jpg

LOOKS LIKE THIS
IMG_20170507_140606.jpg

IMG_20170507_140727.jpg
IMG_20170507_140739.jpg
IMG_20170507_140750.jpg
IMG_20170507_140831.jpg
IMG_20170507_140853.jpg
IMG_20170507_140910.jpg
IMG_20170507_140927.jpg

IMG_20170507_140950.jpg

SHAKE

IMG_20170507_141020.jpg

KEEP SHAKIN'

IMG_20170507_141115.jpg

Neem drench!

IMG_20170507_141958.jpg

IMG_20170507_141606.jpg

I meant to feed them today too, but the EJ tea I made just woulnd't pH back down after I added too much pH up. I think I need a stronger bubbler to get it to come down bubbling, because it just sits at 4.5 even after 48 hours.

Today I figured out I could stick my jewler's loupe right up against the case on my tablet and make a pretty good magnifier for it...

IMG_20170507_125704.jpg
IMG_20170507_125607.jpg
IMG_20170507_125528.jpg
IMG_20170507_125609.jpg

Meanwhile, this CS plant... It's like they say, a watched pot never boils. I don't think anyone has ever been disappointed to see a plant flower before...

IMG_20170507_125318.jpg
IMG_20170507_125313.jpg
IMG_20170507_125901.jpg

So now I just sit and twiddle my thumbs and wait. 4 weeks down, 4 weeks to go

Blackberry_Kush_2017-05-07_1494186728903.jpg

Found some pots left over from my very first grow. Thing is, I put a 3 gallon in there, and the extra 2 gallons just really doesn't seem like a lot. Literally only 3-4 more inches of room on the bottom, same diameter. I'm not really sure it would be worth it to finish in these over the 3 gallon ones. Thinking about doing 3 veg plants, 3 flower plants, so 7 gallons might be back on the table. Just not sure I have the time to root from a 3 gallon pot into a 7 gallon one in 8 weeks of veg time.

IMG_20170508_013153.jpg

No pics today, been a little pic heavy in here lately. But oh man oh man, I opened up my veg tent today and the ladies in there are stinky. I think they're trying to tell me something, but they are not dry yet. They seem pretty happy.

I'm kind of wondering when I should space them out, right now they're pretty much bunched up close together to stay under the T5's distribution. But the leaves are starting to touch and from what I've heard that will keep them from getting too big. On the other hand, I don't want to space them too far out and lose out on light distribution.

Anyway, gonna turn these buckets into pots today. Getting rid of those damn handles because they just get in the way and annoy me. Then I'm gonna drill a bunch of holes in the bottom. I only got 7 of them, I'm thinking I might leave one an actual bucket. Might want to try a hempy later on, and otherwise hell, a 5 gallon bucket comes in handy.

With six of them I'll be able to cycle as planned, but still just not sure if 3 plants in 5 gallons are going to get big enough for the yield I want. On the other hand, I'm not sure I even have the time to root into 7 gallon pots.

Hey TheFertilizer! I finally got my lazy arse over here to join in the fun... LOL... sorry I didn't get back to your question in my journal from about a month ago.. I actually sort of let that journal sit in limbo while I've been waiting for my seed project to get started so just getting around to updating it and saw your question.

I just caught up with your journal and seems like you fixed the issue :) I like the dual tent setup you are running, I did the same with my garden a while back and it sure makes it much easier to get things going while you wait for a plant to finish. sweet setups you have going and really good to see that the Earthjuice is working out for you well.

I really like that earthjuice is very low on heavy metals as a lot of other nutrients on the market are loaded with things like lead and arsenic...earthjuice is very low in heavy metals which is great to know (washington dept of fertilizer has a great website to search for test results).

I've been sort of wanting to try the new EJ lines they have, but still have quite a bit of the 5 part still left, so I figure I will use that up before moving on :)

I definitely suggest making sure to check PH before feeding EJ, as it starts out very low PH like under 4 and usually as it bubbles it will come up in PH and generally around 48 hours or so, it should be sitting right at around 6.5 :) I also suggest every month or so, give a plain water or compost tea flush to the soil as even though salt buildup with EJ is not a huge concern, I have seen it happen in late flowering.. so may want to give it a good flush maybe 1x or 2x during your full cycle :) Compost teas are great for this because you not only are flushing out a lot of the nutrient buildup, but replacing it with beneficial bacterias too :)

Anyhow, finally subbed to your grow journal and apologize for getting back to your question late.. The grows are looking great and feel free to ask me questions. I'm not the best grower, but do have some experience behind me :)

Hey TheFertilizer! I finally got my lazy arse over here to join in the fun... LOL... sorry I didn't get back to your question in my journal from about a month ago.. I actually sort of let that journal sit in limbo while I've been waiting for my seed project to get started so just getting around to updating it and saw your question.

I just caught up with your journal and seems like you fixed the issue :) I like the dual tent setup you are running, I did the same with my garden a while back and it sure makes it much easier to get things going while you wait for a plant to finish. sweet setups you have going and really good to see that the Earthjuice is working out for you well.

I really like that earthjuice is very low on heavy metals as a lot of other nutrients on the market are loaded with things like lead and arsenic...earthjuice is very low in heavy metals which is great to know (washington dept of fertilizer has a great website to search for test results).

I've been sort of wanting to try the new EJ lines they have, but still have quite a bit of the 5 part still left, so I figure I will use that up before moving on :)

I definitely suggest making sure to check PH before feeding EJ, as it starts out very low PH like under 4 and usually as it bubbles it will come up in PH and generally around 48 hours or so, it should be sitting right at around 6.5 :) I also suggest every month or so, give a plain water or compost tea flush to the soil as even though salt buildup with EJ is not a huge concern, I have seen it happen in late flowering.. so may want to give it a good flush maybe 1x or 2x during your full cycle :) Compost teas are great for this because you not only are flushing out a lot of the nutrient buildup, but replacing it with beneficial bacterias too :)

Anyhow, finally subbed to your grow journal and apologize for getting back to your question late.. The grows are looking great and feel free to ask me questions. I'm not the best grower, but do have some experience behind me :)

Heh that's okay, life happens right. Hey did you have a link to that Washington Department list of nutrients and metal contents?

I'm pretty happy with the two tent setup right now. It's funny though, now with more space, I'm getting more ambitious goals, trying to make my feminized seeds, etc. Realistically I'm in a much better spot now than I was before either way, should be able to harvest more often now. I'm liking the EarthJuice, and I also like that it's very affordable and I can find it in town. I have been having to pH mine, like even after bubbling, but then I also just found out my pH meter is broken so maybe that has something to do with it...

Have you tried their Amazon Bloom soil? They have it at the local store for less than Happy Frog. The ingredients sound like good stuff, but I don't really want to have to figure out a new learning curve for another soil

What's up Fertilizer.. I was digging through some seed banks looking at strains today and came across one that just screamed "FERTILIZER". I swear this strain was made just for you.. It was called Blackberrium by In House Genetics. BlackBerry "kush" crossed with platinum... I guess they could have called it Platinum BlackBerry kush but where's the fun in that.. it was out of stock but still cool none the less.

What's up Fertilizer.. I was digging through some seed banks looking at strains today and came across one that just screamed "FERTILIZER". I swear this strain was made just for you.. It was called Blackberrium by In House Genetics. BlackBerry "kush" crossed with platinum... I guess they could have called it Platinum BlackBerry kush but where's the fun in that.. it was out of stock but still cool none the less.

Heh I think I have seen that one before, I saw a "Platinum Blackberry Kush" test result at my local analytical result and searched around for it and found that one. I've really been up and down Google trying to find a vendor that has Blackberry Kush. Probably have an easier time just finding the parents for Blackberry Kush and crossing them. It's just Blackberry x Afghan, so I could probably find some Blackberry seeds pretty easily. Honestly I'm not even sure it's Blackberry Kush, I do remember it always looking like the Blackberry OG you had. I saw some stuff labeled Blackberry Kush in a store the other day that looked like what I grew though.

*shrugs* I'm getting to the point though that I'm getting nervous I won't be able to get any seeds from it. I almost bought a half ounce at the store just hoping I'd find seeds in it lol

I think I should move on though, I've got some pretty nice genetics waiting in line. Who knows what that Platinum Girl Scout Cookies x Cherry OG will do, the buddy I gave testers out to is incommunicado. Meanwhile I've got Bangi Haze from Ace that I know will be good, and a Romulan. Seems like I've got enough hybrids and indicas to let this one go...

Well I did some defoliating maintenance on the scrog plant today. I've never done a scrog before, so I'm just kind of trying to think of what would be best for scrog, and best for this plant. I've seen people strip them nearly completely of leaves, but because this plant is a little yellow, I figured I would just take the leaves off that are blocking light to lower buds, leaving the leaves that are the bottom of buds mostly intact.

Before (Well, 2 days ago )
IMG_20170509_152045.jpg

After (This morning)
IMG_20170511_103503.jpg

Meanwhile, this girl is super sticky!

IMG_20170511_103128.jpg
IMG_20170511_103114.jpg
IMG_20170511_103104.jpg

IMG_20170511_100239.jpg

Did this to my thumb just plucking leaves!
IMG_20170511_103603.jpg

Meanwhile, I don't really know why the yellow leaves are turning purple now, but I remember this happening the first time I grew this strain out. It's either nitrogen or sulfur, but either way it should have both available. *shrugs*

IMG_20170511_101003.jpg
IMG_20170511_100952.jpg
IMG_20170511_101016.jpg

The CS plant just seems to be trying to flower as usual...

IMG_20170511_100411.jpg
IMG_20170511_100404.jpg

The veg plants are just sitting there like, "Let us flower already!"

IMG_20170509_152004.jpg
IMG_20170509_151953.jpg
IMG_20170511_103944.jpg

I got a bunch of 5 gallon buckets ready as pots. I think there was a bit of a visual trick going on before, they look like they'll be quite a bit more room for them.

IMG_20170509_210640.jpg

But not sure I'll be able to get some soil in time for them to be able to root into it before the scrog plant is done. They don't even seem like they're ready to transplant.

Heh that's okay, life happens right. Hey did you have a link to that Washington Department list of nutrients and metal contents?

I'm pretty happy with the two tent setup right now. It's funny though, now with more space, I'm getting more ambitious goals, trying to make my feminized seeds, etc. Realistically I'm in a much better spot now than I was before either way, should be able to harvest more often now. I'm liking the EarthJuice, and I also like that it's very affordable and I can find it in town. I have been having to pH mine, like even after bubbling, but then I also just found out my pH meter is broken so maybe that has something to do with it...

Have you tried their Amazon Bloom soil? They have it at the local store for less than Happy Frog. The ingredients sound like good stuff, but I don't really want to have to figure out a new learning curve for another soil

I'm not quite sure the rules of 420 for posting offsite links... but if you google the exact words "washington state department of fertilizer" the first result that pulls up should be the right one, it says "Fertilizer product database" and you can search virtually any nutrient for heavy metals and general analysis. Very surprising to see some of the products I use had higher than comfortable levels of heavy metals. Luckily the Earthjuice was very low in most of the worry some categories.

I laughed when you said now that you have 2 tents you have more ambicious goals... because in my last post I forgot to type a warning about that...LOL more tents leads to more plants and more projects and then usually a 3rd tent and so on...LOL anyhow I laughed because when I got my 2nd and then 3rd tent my project busyness went up.

I saw your mention of the ph not coming up in 48 hours... you may want to bump up your pump to a dual tube pump and 2 airstones.. the round ones that are about 1 1/2" diameter and about 4" tall work great and last a long time... I use that for my teas, and bubble them in a 5 gallon bucket.

You can bubble it longer if needed to get the ph up, but just use your nose to tell when it gets bad.. Earthjuice teas should have a somewhat sweet or earthy "healthy" smell to them but if you smell any sewage or rancid smells then dump it and dont use it.

I've never used their ph up product before as generally I just try to time my feedings out right... but sometimes if they need to be rushed and the ph isn't up high enough, I use potassium silicate or potassium dioxide to raise the ph... you just have to be careful with that stuff because a little goes a long way...

ph meters I hate to be honest... I trust the handy old 7 dollar drops and vial method as it works great, is cheap and never has to be calibrated... I would recommend picking some up as they are much better than a meter in my opinion... for hydroponics I may suggest a meter but for organic teas and such... drops all the way :)

I started out using ocean forest and happy frog soils... and then later on I got turned on to promix HP... so far I prefer Promix HP the best because it is rather plain and uneventful with nutrients, and it allows me to build it how I want... where ocean forest is quite hot out of the bag... I also for whatever reason always get fungus gnats when I use either soil.. but haven't with promix HP. Currently I am trying a 3 part blend of coco coir, promix hp and ocean forest... and the results.. well I have to run it again... as last run had to many things going on to tell.

I would definitely recommend Promix HP soil... and if you really want a awesome way to grow with ease... Look up the member here at 420 Mag by the name of Docbud. He makes a kit that you buy Promix HP and his kit... follow the instructions and get phenomenal results.. I mean top notch! I haven't personally tried his kit yet, but literally handfulls of growers here have with luck. I've been still experimenting on my own with earthjuice and always had good results. With the 5 part Earthjuice, you may want to look into getting a microbe product and an enzyme product... something like kangaroots and prozyme which is what I currently use. These are products that help the organic soil components get broken down and add to the microbes in the soil. :) They also will help you make even more potent Earthjuice teas and should help speed up that PH to come up.

Your plants are looking spectacular too!! Very Healthy!

I'm not quite sure the rules of 420 for posting offsite links... but if you google the exact words "washington state department of fertilizer" the first result that pulls up should be the right one, it says "Fertilizer product database" and you can search virtually any nutrient for heavy metals and general analysis. Very surprising to see some of the products I use had higher than comfortable levels of heavy metals. Luckily the Earthjuice was very low in most of the worry some categories.

I laughed when you said now that you have 2 tents you have more ambicious goals... because in my last post I forgot to type a warning about that...LOL more tents leads to more plants and more projects and then usually a 3rd tent and so on...LOL anyhow I laughed because when I got my 2nd and then 3rd tent my project busyness went up.

I saw your mention of the ph not coming up in 48 hours... you may want to bump up your pump to a dual tube pump and 2 airstones.. the round ones that are about 1 1/2" diameter and about 4" tall work great and last a long time... I use that for my teas, and bubble them in a 5 gallon bucket.

You can bubble it longer if needed to get the ph up, but just use your nose to tell when it gets bad.. Earthjuice teas should have a somewhat sweet or earthy "healthy" smell to them but if you smell any sewage or rancid smells then dump it and dont use it.

I've never used their ph up product before as generally I just try to time my feedings out right... but sometimes if they need to be rushed and the ph isn't up high enough, I use potassium silicate or potassium dioxide to raise the ph... you just have to be careful with that stuff because a little goes a long way...

ph meters I hate to be honest... I trust the handy old 7 dollar drops and vial method as it works great, is cheap and never has to be calibrated... I would recommend picking some up as they are much better than a meter in my opinion... for hydroponics I may suggest a meter but for organic teas and such... drops all the way :)

I started out using ocean forest and happy frog soils... and then later on I got turned on to promix HP... so far I prefer Promix HP the best because it is rather plain and uneventful with nutrients, and it allows me to build it how I want... where ocean forest is quite hot out of the bag... I also for whatever reason always get fungus gnats when I use either soil.. but haven't with promix HP. Currently I am trying a 3 part blend of coco coir, promix hp and ocean forest... and the results.. well I have to run it again... as last run had to many things going on to tell.

I would definitely recommend Promix HP soil... and if you really want a awesome way to grow with ease... Look up the member here at 420 Mag by the name of Docbud. He makes a kit that you buy Promix HP and his kit... follow the instructions and get phenomenal results.. I mean top notch! I haven't personally tried his kit yet, but literally handfulls of growers here have with luck. I've been still experimenting on my own with earthjuice and always had good results. With the 5 part Earthjuice, you may want to look into getting a microbe product and an enzyme product... something like kangaroots and prozyme which is what I currently use. These are products that help the organic soil components get broken down and add to the microbes in the soil. :) They also will help you make even more potent Earthjuice teas and should help speed up that PH to come up.

Your plants are looking spectacular too!! Very Healthy!

Yeah I've read all about DocBud's kit.

Enzymes huh? Haven't really heard much about using enzymes.

I have a couple of different probiotic inputs. Azos and Mykos from XtremeGardening. Plus in addition to the EJ 5 part line, I'm also using their calcium magnesium supplement that has humic acid, as well as superthrive.

I am thinking I probably need a better pump too. The one I have doesn't seem to push that much air. I have a couple of 1x4 inch air stones and it only has enough pressure to push bubbles out of the first 1/4 of the stone surface.

OH and yeah I use to use those drops but I found it kind of hard to tell the color sometimes.

I'm not quite sure the rules of 420 for posting offsite links... but if you google the exact words "washington state department of fertilizer" the first result that pulls up should be the right one, it says "Fertilizer product database" and you can search virtually any nutrient for heavy metals and general analysis.

We have a State Department of Fertilizer!?! :thedoubletake: Of course we do. :icon_roll Gotta spend all that tax and toll money on something.. productive.

Carry on :blunt:

We have a State Department of Fertilizer!?! :thedoubletake: Of course we do. :icon_roll Gotta spend all that tax and toll money on something.. productive.

Carry on :blunt:

I was kind of disappointed with the information they had on there too. I guess it does list the metal content, but I was hoping that by the guaranteed analysis they were going to post more than what was on the back of the bottles.

FloraNova sure has a whole lot of cobalt in it. 15 ppm, like easily 3 times as much as any other nutrient I've used. I wonder what that's all about.

Got my CS generator put together and generating...

IMG_20170514_131946.jpg
IMG_20170514_131955.jpg

Flowering plant is flowering...

IMG_20170513_154237.jpg
IMG_20170513_154222.jpg
IMG_20170513_154208.jpg
IMG_20170513_154157.jpg

Gave the flowering plant and the veg plants water yesterday. Trying to keep better track of the input and output pH, because while I don't think it really offers a good measure of what the soil pH is actually at, there is a consistenty relationship between the difference in input and output. So if I water at 6 pH, runoff is 6.5-6.7. If I water at 6.5 pH, runoff is 7-7.5.

Soooo *twiddles thumbs*

Back
Top Bottom