BlueCheeze's First Grow Ever - Mars Hydro II 900

I got a couple of leaves on 2 of the plants that looks burned.

I think this has something to do with the pH minus i recently bought, but it not that bad i was gonna cut those leaves of any way. I got a new pH minus today from a real growshop that is 81% phosphor acid.

If this is a pH problem i think i will get it under controll again. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I dont mess with ph mate never have.i use my eyes to read my plants.so cnt really comment to be fair.and dont remove the damaged leafs yet .cause if u have a deficency it will spread to the new leafs quicker.;) happy growing;)

I dont mess with ph mate never have.i use my eyes to read my plants.so cnt really comment to be fair.and dont remove the damaged leafs yet .cause if u have a deficency it will spread to the new leafs quicker.;) happy growing;)

I grow without any PH or PPM/EC pen. Just really don't have money for it and as beast says, just read the plant and research. I started getting a problem and just adjusted accordingly.

I thought that if you dont got the right pH the plants cant absorb the nutes. So i have always adjust it to about 6.5. But this pH minus is pH/KH minus, the Guy in petstore told Me KH was hardness of the water. Maybe that could be a problem?

So you just wait and see, what do you do when you see problems? Adjust pH or adding Example magnesium or calcium to fix the problems?

When i am more secure in growing i guess i will notice how everything works but as i do have a pH Penn i see no point in not using it. ;) its a cheap one from amazon but as long as i keep it calibrated it will work.

But as i didnt have any problems before i start using that pH minus it has to do something with that? I will post some pictures when light is on.

Here are pictures of the problem:

420-magazine-mobile2144798924.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1571007564.jpg

My first guess on top pic, is heat burn, but I see more leaves in lower places with "the same thing" so I guess on Phosphorus. and possible calcium, but try to water it without Ph down to see. Maybe you created a super low PH reaction somewhere, and somthing is locked out.

My first guess on top pic, is heat burn, but I see more leaves in lower places with "the same thing" so I guess on Phosphorus. and possible calcium, but try to water it without Ph down to see. Maybe you created a super low PH reaction somewhere, and somthing is locked out.

Thanks Mrs.bird, i dont think it is temps as it dont get above 28.5c. Now for a week or so i will water and feed without adjusting pH and see if that helps :thumb:

I honestly believe it's magnesium deficiency.
420-magazine-mobile949547499.jpg

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Thanks mate. I Also think it is something that has Been locked out, and if you look at this picture magnesium locks out at low pH.

420-magazine-mobile890497656.jpg

I have throw that pH minus in the bin now, as long as the situation doesnt get any worse now i will get this under controll again. ;)

sorry I am late to the show but subbed up now. I have a Mars Hydro 900 being delivered tomorrow and I cant wait to get it rolling. How are you liking yours?

Welcome my friend :welcome: I love the LED. This is my first grow ever so i dont have anything to compare with but i am in day 29 in flower and its getting frosty everywhere ;) all buds all the way down gets super frosty and the led dont get very hot. I know you will love it bro, as soon as the lights goes on i will take a picture for you so you can see how frosty it gets ;)

Your grow is a couple of weeks ahead of mine (also using MH 900). I too am loving Mars Hydro II! I have been running my LEDs way closer than recommended (with a light mover). How close are yours to the canopy?

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Your grow is a couple of weeks ahead of mine (also using MH 900). I too am loving Mars Hydro II! I have been running my LEDs way closer than recommended (with a light mover). How close are yours to the canopy?

I have kept it about 45-50 cm above the canopy with good results mate. ;)

I've never added ph+\- to my soil. It always comes out 7.0 when I measure. A bit lower would be better, right?

Sorry, don't mean to take over your grow conversation...

I've never added ph+\- to my soil. It always comes out 7.0 when I measure. A bit lower would be better, right?

Sorry, don't mean to take over your grow conversation...

no problems at all my friend just glad if i can help. :thumb: i have always adjusted to 6.5 and that have worked for me. Recently i bought a pH/KH minus for aquariums, i thought that would work but i got some burned leaves now so i have throw that away and ordered phosphor acid from a grow shop.

If you look at the picture i posted earlier 6.5 is right in the middle of the pH range. But also more experienced growers than me in here doesnt measure the pH and gets amazing results anyway.

I got a pen and as i am on my first grow i rather spend that minute is takes too adjust it to 6.5. I am sry if this wasnt any help bro i am new to this too. ;)

Back
Top Bottom