Breaking Brix: Buck's DIYs

Hey Buck! Hope your having a good day! More pics of those beautiful plants please!? You take such great pics. Got any tips? Do you use a point and shoot, DSLR or cell? Do you use flash? I've got blurple lights so use a CFL and regular bulb to light the tent and turn off the LEDs but maybe I should be using the flash, head light for focusing like doc does but I'm trying to get pics of the whole tent and the individual plants not buds just yet....?

:passitleft:

Hey Buck! Hope your having a good day! More pics of those beautiful plants please!? You take such great pics. Got any tips? Do you use a point and shoot, DSLR or cell? Do you use flash? I've got blurple lights so use a CFL and regular bulb to light the tent and turn off the LEDs but maybe I should be using the flash, head light for focusing like doc does but I'm trying to get pics of the whole tent and the individual plants not buds just yet....?

:passitleft:
Thanks , I'm just using iPhone for pics. These new phones have great cameras. I'm wanting to get a tripod to fit my phone, I can't hold still lol. I've been taking win lights on and not using flash. I'm just practicing, really want to learn more on photography, want to try some macro shots of triches like he ones dynasty genetics shows on IG.:passitleft:

Should I solder one pin to the outside coaxial or just plug it in like most coaxial connections with the outside using the connection as the negative. Pretty sure that could cause a short at some point and not be safe at all.
I remember now, fanleaf used coaxial cable, he just used that because he builds antennas had shitload laying around. I'll have to go back and look and see what connectors he used. But the braided mesh should be your negative, copper inside will be positive. Gotta see which connectors your using, some are mechanical( screw down lugs) and others are crimped or soldered.

He also talked about how to test potentiometers to see if they are any good. I'll try to search his thread, but if you know it. Something like most of them are shit and off with like 89% resistence. I have so many freaking notes most of it is organized, but when you need that one note for reference. Totally screwed.

K. I can't get it to quote from other posts. It was you and fanleaf talking shit about 100k potentiometers. you were joking saying you ordered 50 just to get 7 or 8 good one's.

you said "Dude, I'm glad I checked these 100k pots, 1 tested 97.1k, 2-96.8, and rest was in 80's"

He said "Yep, those are sloppy tollerance. I had to buy three times more than I needed just so I knew I could measure out some decent ones. Anything about 96 and up will work just fine. The other route is to buy Precision potentiometers but those cost a whole bunch of money each."

My problem is how do I test them. I know the answer, just brain farting. Ohm's on my meter?

K. I can't get it to quote from other posts. It was you and fanleaf talking shit about 100k potentiometers. you were joking saying you ordered 50 just to get 7 or 8 good one's.

you said "Dude, I'm glad I checked these 100k pots, 1 tested 97.1k, 2-96.8, and rest was in 80's"

He said "Yep, those are sloppy tollerance. I had to buy three times more than I needed just so I knew I could measure out some decent ones. Anything about 96 and up will work just fine. The other route is to buy Precision potentiometers but those cost a whole bunch of money each."

My problem is how do I test them. I know the answer, just brain farting. Ohm's on my meter?
Yes, just set meter to right setting, it'll be middle pin and either on the side. Those are same but the way you turn the knob is opposite. The last ones I got were the precision ones from rapidled, they were like $8 or $9 a piece, but only needed 1

Thanks Buck! Maybe I'll try my GFs iPhone for pics but the point and shoot worked pretty well, it's just an extra step of downloading the pics before I can post.

What Duggan said, amazing job! :high-five:
I've thought about looking at pawn shops for a nice camera and few lenses put it on tripod. But can't make myself spend that much money lol

Thanks for the compliments much appreciated :Namaste::Namaste:

Dude, I'm glad I checked these 100k pots, 1 tested 97.1k, 2-96.8, and rest was in 80's

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yep, those are sloppy tollerance. I had to buy three times more than I needed just so I knew I could measure out some decent ones. Anything about 96 and up will work just fine. The other route is to buy Precision potentiometers but those cost a whole bunch of money each.

Sent from my VS980 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App
I'm waiting on 50 pots to come in, hopefully get 7 or 8 good ones

Sent from my SM-G900V using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Yes, just set meter to right setting, it'll be middle pin and either on the side. Those are same but the way you turn the knob is opposite. The last ones I got were the precision ones from rapidled, they were like $8 or $9 a piece, but only needed 1

K got the other posts to post, but had to quote you on this page to get it to work. was it worth it? 8 or 9 bucks and then 8 or 9 bucks in shipping lol. jk

Thanks Buck! Maybe I'll try my GFs iPhone for pics but the point and shoot worked pretty well, it's just an extra step of downloading the pics before I can post.

What Duggan said, amazing job! :high-five:

Yea, the downloading sucks. Try it with the camera I'm using. It takes 3.5 floppy's lol. Camera on my phone is broke. Well, the one on the front. I can do it from the screen side, but look at that last photo I sent buck about the aviation plugs. I have to see the screen to see the photo it's taking and can't shoot shit.

Yea, the downloading sucks. Try it with the camera I'm using. It takes 3.5 floppy's lol. Camera on my phone is broke. Well, the one on the front. I can do it from the screen side, but look at that last photo I sent buck about the aviation plugs. I have to see the screen to see the photo it's taking and can't shoot shit.
No they weren't worth all the extra $, a good $.75 cent one is just as good

I have to watch Ripley once a month. Think I have been watching it like that since I was like 14. Checked out the little chick Newt few years ago. Girlfriend thought I had a crush on her or something dumb. Chicks... Was just curious what happened to her. Never in another movie. Like a school teacher now. Wasn't even scared of the aliens in the movie cuz it was just fun. They weren't aliens to her, just people in costumes.

The rest of the time I have the original star wars running it the background for background noise. Tinitius is annoying. Who doesn't want to "there's one, set for stun." Keep trying to get my screwdriver off the ground using the force. Doesn't work. Bummer.

So check this out. My buddy showed up with my custom strain. No, 420, I am not trying to buy or sale anything, but I'm willing to send my friends on here for free some whipple's to try out. I want to pop some today, but my system isn't set up yet. Guess I could just throw them under some wiggle flouro's... right? green crack x whipple. berry x whipple. Never a fan of green crack. Never got it to run right indoor hydro. Plus it never just never appealed too me. Think it is just a stupid trend about humboldt, crack.. blah. Same reason everyone only runs og around here. Annoying.

Back
Top Bottom