Brix! The Quest For Grade AAA Organic Cannabis

Hoping it's just a good rescue drench and she bounces right back.

Thanks pw!!

Concrete under the carpet? I think your night temps might be a tad low. See if you can warm things up a couple degrees. They'll come right back.

We have been gone during the night and temps have dropped. Came home today and temps were at 60° at 0900. Must have been colder during the night. Set the HVAC to 68° so hopefully that solves the problem. One plant is ready for a drench and the other 3 are a few days behind. Ill drench the one asap

Concrete under the carpet? I think your night temps might be a tad low. See if you can warm things up a couple degrees. They'll come right back.

I have a crawl space, then sub-flooring, carpet, and tent. I was at harbor freight and saw those Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set 4 Pc, for less than $10.

I bought them and put inside tent between the floor and the removable floor, they have definitely helped keep roots in the happy zone.

I'll hush up now

:shhh:

Thanks pw!!

We have been gone during the night and temps have dropped. Came home today and temps were at 60° at 0900. Must have been colder during the night. Set the HVAC to 68° so hopefully that solves the problem. One plant is ready for a drench and the other 3 are a few days behind. Ill drench the one asap

Use warm water!

Again, the environment is the usual culprit! When growing in living soil, like we do in HB....the temps must be in the zone where microbes thrive.....about 68 degrees in the soil.

Room temps of 68 are great....but if there is a heat sink under the container, like a cold slab, and the soil temps drop below 65 or so, microbial action will drop off enough to stunt growth and hinder uptake of nutrients.

The 3 most important factors for success are:

1. environment
2. environment
3 environment

the next three factors are:

4. basic gardening skills
5. Environment
6. High Brix soil

I have a crawl space, then sub-flooring, carpet, and tent. I was at harbor freight and saw those Anti-Fatigue Foam Mat Set 4 Pc, for less than $10.

I bought them and put inside tent between the floor and the removable floor, they have definitely helped keep roots in the happy zone.

I'll hush up now

:shhh:

Hey thanks for the tip!

Use warm water!

Again, the environment is the usual culprit! When growing in living soil, like we do in HB....the temps must be in the zone where microbes thrive.....about 68 degrees in the soil.

Room temps of 68 are great....but if there is a heat sink under the container, like a cold slab, and the soil temps drop below 65 or so, microbial action will drop off enough to stunt growth and hinder uptake of nutrients.

The 3 most important factors for success are:

1. environment
2. environment
3 environment

the next three factors are:

4. basic gardening skills
5. Environment
6. High Brix soil

Warm water! Ill make sure to use some warm water for the super drench and to keep my grow room at a proper temp. The drench will be for one plant but too much going on today. Ill do the drench soon.

There should be enough foam insulation between the carpet and whatever is under i think but ill keep an eye. We havent been home at night for about a week now and i didnt realize how cold it was getting. I think night temps were dropping into the 50s inside if not lower. Normally the heat is set to 70° or my wife would freeze lol but was off since we were not home. My poor cat! I think we will be back on track. Once i get the burner running ill put my lights back into my tents and my room will be warm again wothout the need for hvac.

I had same issue with my grow, I fixed everything and they're much better they never 100% bounced back but I might be dealing with a genetic issue. It was a major pain to dial in the enviro but once I did things improved. With this kit the soil needs warmth for the microbes to function. If you skim through my journal you will see that mine looked just like yours

Hey thanks for the tip!

Warm water! Ill make sure to use some warm water for the super drench and to keep my grow room at a proper temp. The drench will be for one plant but too much going on today. Ill do the drench soon.

There should be enough foam insulation between the carpet and whatever is under i think but ill keep an eye. We havent been home at night for about a week now and i didnt realize how cold it was getting. I think night temps were dropping into the 50s inside if not lower. Normally the heat is set to 70° or my wife would freeze lol but was off since we were not home. My poor cat! I think we will be back on track. Once i get the burner running ill put my lights back into my tents and my room will be warm again wothout the need for hvac.

Yep. 99% of problems are due to the environment. I can't stress that enough.

Since setting the hvac the plants look happier and growth has returned. Waiting for them to dry some more before watering.

Doc i was thinking of doing that resucue drench but top watering instead of drenching but im not sure what product or how much to use. I am thinking of only doing drenches for the RO+Tea waterings to save on product.

Since setting the hvac the plants look happier and growth has returned. Waiting for them to dry some more before watering.

Doc i was thinking of doing that resucue drench but top watering instead of drenching but im not sure what product or how much to use. I am thinking of only doing drenches for the RO+Tea waterings to save on product.

Interesting idea....I'm curious how it works out.

I top watered only for a couple years, so you'll be just fine. Mix up the drenches per directions.....except don't be afraid to go a tad stronger. 1 mil per gallon of soil is a good starting point. When top watering, most of it will stay in the pot, so you don't have to double. Just mix as much as you'll need.

Oh yes, great call on the temps.
The plant is working like aircon so she basically pulls water with nutrients from the soil and cools down the room by evaporating water. You need the room to be tad warmer than soil and with enough CO2 (proper fresh air intake is enough if you do not plan some mad CO2 and 1000+ PAR light overdrives) and light so she can make some good old sugar to power her growth, together with the nutrients.
Water holds most O2 at around 70-75f and I think that is the ideal temps for growth. It's all about finding good balance between root pressure and evaporation and making the environment so it works. Also you have the mesh under the girls and I agree it could make cold air pockets under the pots and slow down the life in soil just as Doc said.
Try a fan blowing downwards, mixing the cold air on the floor with the hot air up under the ceiling. I would go as far as putting two meshes on top of each other or making some other spacers that will let enough air circling at the bottom of the pot. These are just my thoughts on the temps, it's all about making the perfect spring/summer in the tent you know. I can get to 72f with my friend now and the plant loves it.
I love it here too, great learning curve in each journal! You are on the way and you will get to finish I'm sure! Happy New Year and happy gardening! :circle-of-love:

Once we get to the Cat drenches, do you recommend those on the high side too, or is that so much a soil thing that it's not strain specific?

Good Question.. I would like to know if we can go a tad stronger on cat when top watering.

If the plant is humming along, perfect leaves, no trouble....you can go a bit stronger on things no problem. The Cat Drench is 90% Transplant anyways.

But remember that when using saucers there is no left over....so there's no need to double things like we do with dunking. The thing with Cat Drench is we do it back to back.....that's how the soil changes....nothing but Cations for 2 weeks.

420-magazine-mobile1341879267.jpg
420-magazine-mobile820370618.jpg
420-magazine-mobile175463586.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1913013221.jpg
420-magazine-mobile353472689.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1160413031.jpg
420-magazine-mobile420946361.jpg

I'm calling your strain a winner. Easy to grow, big yields and plenty of trichs everywhere. I should have quite a few seeds from these 2 girls.

The BCookies is a very heavy stone, best used in the evening. The plants are like Abrahms tanks from seedling to harvest. I'll be growing this one again!

Back
Top Bottom