Budz: Mars Hydro FC-E3000, 3x3, Do Si Dos SCROG Grow

Well a Howdy Doo from Me to You ! I got the day off today because the pressman was off yesterday... so nothing is printed for me to work on. Therefore, I figure I may as well do an update on my grows.

So here's what the "Do-Si-Dos" is looking like these days. She still has quite a ways to go. I see a few red hairs but not many. Her buds / colas are looking decent & starting to get sticky, frosty.
11-286.JPG
11-287.JPG
11-288.JPG
11-289.JPG

So you SCROG guys..... Do you usually do a defol during flower or just let her go ? Leaves are pretty thick; but looks like it would be a major PITA to defol.

Now, Let's do the 7 remaining ladies in the Flower Tent. I'll start with the "White Widow". She still has 85%-90% White Hairs on her. Looks like she may be last to finish. She has some nice long colas that are still putting on weight. Not real frosty yet.
12-543        W.W.-1.JPG
12-544        W.W.-2.JPG
12-544        W.W.-3.JPG

Next up is "Zookies" . I wonder what strain is crossed with GSC to make this one. She is putting out some really Fat, Sticky, Frosty Buds. The kind we all love ;) !
12-545    Zookies-1.JPG
12-546    Zookies-2.JPG
12-547    Zookies-3.JPG
12-548    Zookies-4.JPG
12-549   Zookies-5.JPG

That brings us up to the "OG-1" . She also has a ways to go. About 75% White Pistils. She's making some decent size buds; but needs a little more frosting on this cake.
12-550            OG1-1.JPG
12-551            OG1-2.JPG
12-552            OG1-3.JPG

Now for my favorite plant of all. "Lil' Miss Cherry on Top".
I sure wish I'd of cloned this one. But I am going to try to re-veg her. This girl still has about 65% White hairs; but has some nice chunky buds that are sticky sweet.
12-553       C.O.T.-1.JPG
12-554       C.O.T.-2.JPG
12-555       C.O.T.-3.JPG
12-556       C.O.T.-4.JPG
12-557       C.O.T.-5.JPG
12-558       C.O.T.-6.JPG

Now here we have my other "Cherry on Top". She's not colorful like the other. Got me ? She also has nice Chunky Nugs covered in Frost & Sticky as glue. This lil' lady only has about 10% White Pistils left so decided to check the Trichs.
12-559      C.O.T.-A.JPG
12-560       C.O.T.-B.JPG
12-561      C.O.T.-C.JPG
12-562      C.O.T.-D.JPG

So here are a few shots from an upper Bud's Sugar Leaf.
12-563       C.O.T.-E.jpg
12-564       C.O.T.-F.jpg
12-565      C.O.T.-G.jpg

And here are a couple shots from a Lower Bud's Sugar Leaf.
12-566       C.O.T.-H.jpg
12-567        C.O.T.-I.jpg
12-568        C.O.T.-J.jpg

So how long you guys think before she finishes ?

And now the Souvenir Girl. "Aurora Indica" is up next. She's got a combination of decent size colas & Fat Nugs. This girl is more then I had expected. I just hope she smokes as well as she grows.... lol. She only has about 15% White Hairs so checked Trichs on her too.
12-569      Aurora-1.JPG
12-570      Aurora-2.JPG
12-571      Aurora-3.JPG
12-572      Aurora-4.JPG
12-573      Aurora-5.JPG

"Upper Trichs"
12-574      Aurora-6.jpg
12-575      Aurora-7.jpg
12-576      Aurora-8.jpg

"Lower Trichs"
12-577      Aurora-9.jpg
12-578      Aurora-10.jpg

Anyone know what those weird lines are ? I was worried it might be a pest but can't find anything. Never seen this before so kind of puzzled.

And last up is the "Bruce Banger". This is the one I did a defol on a few days ago. I think I may have over done it. She didn't drink much since then. Hoping to harvest her soon. Trich pics below also. How long you guys think on her ?
12-579   B.Banger-1.JPG
12-580   B.Banger-2.JPG
12-581   B.Banger-3.JPG

"Upper Trichs"
12-582   B.Banger-4.jpg
12-583   B.Banger-5.jpg
12-584   B.Banger-6.jpg

*** I must of tested a leaf that was way more done the other day. All that clear on it still surprised me.***

"Lower Trichs"
12-584   B.Banger-6.jpg
12-585   B.Banger-7.jpg
12-586   B.Banger-8.jpg
12-587   B.Banger-9.jpg

Well a Howdy Doo from Me to You ! I got the day off today because the pressman was off yesterday... so nothing is printed for me to work on. Therefore, I figure I may as well do an update on my grows.

So here's what the "Do-Si-Dos" is looking like these days. She still has quite a ways to go. I see a few red hairs but not many. Her buds / colas are looking decent & starting to get sticky, frosty.
11-286.JPG
11-287.JPG
11-288.JPG
11-289.JPG

So you SCROG guys..... Do you usually do a defol during flower or just let her go ? Leaves are pretty thick; but looks like it would be a major PITA to defol.
I look at them. Some grows need more than others. I'm a leaf keeper so... 3 weeks in I do a check and if need take what's needed to keep air flow down low. They seem to arrange themselves as time goes on in the flower zone. A leaf here and there forward.

Hey there, I started another plant harvest last night. The top 1/2 of that Cherry on Top just looked too good to let go any longer. So I did a partial harvest on her. Removed the Top Colas & Bigger Buds. Didn't trim these at all. Just hung them to dry. Trim later... lol. So here is what I cut off so far.
12-596.JPG
12-598.JPG
12-599.JPG
12-597.JPG

And here's what's let to this plant to finish up.
12-593.JPG
12-594.JPG
12-595.JPG

Cut the Buds from the branches on the Papaya Punch & the SFV KUSH & jarred it last night. Dry weight on the Papaya was 78 gr. & on the SFV it is 79.5 gr. So just under 3 oz. each. Those were my smallest 2 plants so hopefully I'll do better on the rest.
The "Papaya Punch" Rocks. Obviously hasn't cured yet so can't comment much on taste & smell; but the high is perfect.
I think it's way better then the dispensary weed the seed came from. I smoked a joint of the popcorn bud & was buzzed at least 2 hours. Nice mellow kick back buzz.
The "SFV KUSH" isn't quite as potent as the Papaya is. Still a decent buzz. I'd consider it more of a mid-grade weed.
When my stepson & nephew hit me up for some free smoke... they'll get this... lol. Papaya is mine !
I also put the Bruce Banger in the closet this morning for a 48 hour dark period before harvest.
White Widow is getting heavy so I may have to tie her colas up when I feed tonight. Aurora Indica looks like she'll be next... but still about a week to 10 days.

For anyone interested... Please visit my new journal to see the "5-OG's, Medic Grow, Prescription Blend & Me !" grow.
Here's the link. https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/5-ogs-medic-grow-prescription-blend-me.504191/#post-53760975 OG's, (Starts 8-22-21)
Should be a fun grow seeing the difference in 5 different OG Strains (Indica, Sativa & Hybrid strains). It's my 1st Sativa ever. This is a sponsored journal so I'm hi-lighting the "Medic Grow Fold 8" 720 watt 8-Bar LED. Your chance to see how it does in case you will be in the market for new lights in the future.
"Prescription Blend Nutrients" is also a sponsor.... So you'll also get to see how their nutrient line up produces.
I'm doing a few things different on this grow besides the new light & nutrients. Once I up-pot to 3 gal. pots I'll be oxygenating my water. I've heard this helps promote root growth... so we'll see if it helps.
That Purple "Cherry on Top" that's my favorite will be getting revegged in my 3x3 also.
As I've said before, I do some sort of an upgrade every grow. I've decided on "Far Red" lighting. I'll be purchasing these light soon and adding them to my grow tent. So during flower on this grow I'll be doing "The Emerson Effect" running my lights at 14 on & 10 off during Flower. Thought I'd try to make this new one just a little more special.... lol.
Hope you all join me on another great adventure !

I thought it would be a good idea to post the info I sent in response to your far red question via PM. Other folks reading this journal might also be interested:

For anyone looking for info on the Emerson Effect and running plants at 14/10 in flower, check out Rider509's thread starting here.

If you do a site-wide search for @Rider509 and "far red" you'll find other great stuff he's posted on the topic as well.

Back
Top Bottom