Can Any Cola Get Topped?

User43

I would like to know if I can "top" not only the top of the plant but all the other colas as well?

Going to have 4 photoperiod's vegging for 3ish months so Im a little concerned with outgrowing my 4x4x8 tent.

I plan on topping them to spread them out and Ive only topped 1 plant before so any and all advice is more than welcome.

No need to veg a plant that long to scrog buddy, buy some 50x50mm mesh and it will do all the work fo you in half the time, I cover a 4x3 area with 3 plants in under 6 weeks from seed so 4 plants in a 4x4 will be the same.

Only top once, I top at the 5/6th node and then just keep spreading the branches undernrath while tucking them under, I keep my screen 10-12" above the pot.

But yes the 50x50mm mesh helps massively as 1 branches can fill a 300x300mm space by the time the lower branches spread out in between.

I usually fill my scrog net to 70% then flip to flower and keep tucking for 2 - 3 weeks after flip. I usually veg for about 6 weeks for a 3' x 3' scrog.

No need to veg a plant that long to scrog buddy, buy some 50x50mm mesh and it will do all the work fo you in half the time, I cover a 4x3 area with 3 plants in under 6 weeks from seed so 4 plants in a 4x4 will be the same.

Only top once, I top at the 5/6th node and then just keep spreading the branches undernrath while tucking them under, I keep my screen 10-12" above the pot.

But yes the 50x50mm mesh helps massively as 1 branches can fill a 300x300mm space by the time the lower branches spread out in between.
I should have been more specific.

I started 6 seeds at the same time, 2 of them are auto's and 4 of them photoperiod. They are all in the tent together,
so until the auto's are complete I cannot flip the lights down to 12. I wouldnt veg them that long otherwise,
thats the whole reason for my concern of overgrowing the tent, since the long veg isnt negotiable.

Scrog sounds a good idea. As far as I'm aware you can top whatever you like.
Awesome! Thank you for answering the original question lol :)

Im assuming topping more than one would really stunt their growth, but I think it will be kind of required to stunt their
growth if I dont want them to out grow the tent.

I should have been more specific.

I started 6 seeds at the same time, 2 of them are auto's and 4 of them photoperiod. They are all in the tent together,
so until the auto's are complete I cannot flip the lights down to 12. I wouldnt veg them that long otherwise,
thats the whole reason for my concern of overgrowing the tent, since the long veg isnt negotiable.

Awesome! Thank you for answering the original question lol :)

Im assuming topping more than one would really stunt their growth, but I think it will be kind of required to stunt their
growth if I dont want them to out grow the tent.
Lots of growers top multiple branches in order to produce more main colas.
If you have extra veg time anyway you could do one of them. Top 3 at 5th node and top a few branches on one. It'll give you a better idea for future grows what works for you. :peace:

Lots of growers top multiple branches in order to produce more main colas.
If you have extra veg time anyway you could do one of them. Top 3 at 5th node and top a few branches on one. It'll give you a better idea for future grows what works for you. :peace:
That sounds like the winning idea, good lookin out :) :Rasta:

You can still run the autos on a 12/12 cycle I know when I ran 9 at that time zones and I got great results.

If anything put the autos in the tent up front and while the others are vegging your not loosing anything out of the autos as sometimes autos can flower at different times to each other.

I'm currently just about to start setting up a 4x3 tent setup with 6 plants so if you'd like to follow along I'm more than happy to help and guide you, below is one of the setups using the 50x50mm nylon mesh.

You can still run the autos on a 12/12 cycle I know when I ran 9 at that time zones and I got great results.

If anything put the autos in the tent up front and while the others are vegging your not loosing anything out of the autos as sometimes autos can flower at different times to each other.

I'm currently just about to start setting up a 4x3 tent setup with 6 plants so if you'd like to follow along I'm more than happy to help and guide you, below is one of the setups using the 50x50mm nylon mesh.

Those canopies are fricken gorgeous i just had to say it!

Ive got tomato trellis' on some of the pots preventing the netting until the flip. My net is more like 5 inch squares,
its also made out of thicker cords that are adjustable, sounded good at first but I dont like it. I think I will switch to
something more like yours in the future.

Back
Top Bottom