Can You Grow Weed In Pro-Mix With Only Osmocote Plus, Outdoor & Indoor, And Tap Water?

You might run into some pushback on "Special K™"!

It's not just Special K, it's FN Special K. :rofl: Special K is either a breakfast cereal or a hallucinogenic drug. FN Special K is a blend of Potassium Sulfate and Muriate of Potash.

One of those alternates would seem pretty FN special, to me <DUCKS AND RUNS>.

EDIT: Above typed with tongue firmly in cheek.

The FN Special K™ and FN Cal-Mag™ seemed to stop the progression of deficiencies. I removed about 10 leaves that were most effected and we'll see where it goes from here. She does seem to be putting on some weight. For shits and gigs I brought out the lux meter to see what she's getting mid day. 95k lux and I checked around noon. I think 3ish would probably be the peak but I didn't check then. Way higher than I go in a tent, but then again, she's not getting that for as many hours. If the deficiencies stay at bay, I see her being a nice plant. These Zkittlez Autos from Nirvana don't get that big to begin with. Never expected her to be a monster.

BTW - I see that Nirvana has Original Glue Auto seeds again, and their US prices dropped in line with what they used to be. For a while, when they first opened their US site, prices increased by 50%. If you're looking for a good auto strain that yields and has quality bud, I highly recommend it.

Showing that it's shitty at flowering cannabis is something the company would be interested in, lol?

Might want to pitch yourself to Osmocote as a consultant!

To me it leads credence to calculators and ppm per element numbers we've narrowed down over the years. Otherwise you're just reading leaves and guessing. Even if you do read the right element, how much do you know to add without doing the math on your current feed? You'd never go to a doctor that just looked at you and came up with a diagnosis. Imagine the scenario, "Yep, looks like you got cancer Bob.". If I'm Bob I'm expecting the doctor to run some tests first! Writing prescriptions without diagnosis is malpractice!

Showing how to modify it and sell it to cannabis growers!

Was on Osmocote's commercial line website today. They make a High K product that would likely solve the low Potassium problem. You can even get it in prill size that feeds 5-6 months so you wouldn't have to worry about it running out. Then they make a time release Cal-Mag too. They only have it in the 3-4 month prill size so you might have to top dress for longer grows. So they have products needed to make a mix in, water only, system suitable for cannabis' requirements. The problem is, those products aren't available for retail sale, only for commercial operations. And the smallest quantity is 50lb bags.

Kind of sucks that it's one of Scotts Miracle-Gro's products.

Kind of sucks that it's one of Scotts Miracle-Gro's products.

That's never really concerned me. I know some people don't like large corporations. I have just as much issue with them as some of these smaller companies that exploit the cannabis growing community with their watered down, overpriced, incomplete products and slick marketing. Or companies that oversupply certain elements like phosphorus which pollute our waterways.

Primarily I just look for ways to grow weed as easily and cheaply as possible. Hard to believe I say cheaply when I have a great deal of money invested in salts and chelated micros, but per batch made, my homemade blend costs less than most commercial lines.

It's not the size of the company, it's what it does (and does with my money). There are a couple of local sole proprietorships that I don't shop at.

I'm certainly not perfect at the thing, though. But I try. I wouldn't have bought Bayer aspirin after WWII, for example. But... I did purchase two General Hydroponics products in 2020 :rolleyes: . Rock and a hard place... kind of thing.

Omg farside! You’re mojito man!

Hello again :)

I didn’t realise I was already following one of your journals! I literally thought we were speaking for the first time in the thread I just posted in. I’m such a mong. Anyhoo enough about my dodgy memory. You really are a fabulous grower.

Omg farside! You’re mojito man!

Hello again :)

I didn’t realise I was already following one of your journals! I literally thought we were speaking for the first time in the thread I just posted in. I’m such a mong. Anyhoo enough about my dodgy memory. You really are a fabulous grower.

Don't feel bad. I forgot you were the one making fun of my Crocs or my post in the other thread would have been shorter. :rofl: just kidding. I'm used to getting grief over my Crocs. Doesn't stop me though. See what I'm wearing right now...
PXL_20220724_221053356.jpg

Don't feel bad. I forgot you were the one making fun of my Crocs or my post in the other thread would have been shorter. :rofl: just kidding. I'm used to getting grief over my Crocs. Doesn't stop me though. See what I'm wearing right now...
PXL_20220724_221053356.jpg
L O L L I N G !

DEDDDDDDDD!

Hey are you a nurse?!

And I swear I’m not trying to flirt with you but… those crocs bruv! They really accentuate the shape of your ankles and omg they totes bring out the colour of your leg hairs.

I’m surprised your wife lets you leave the house in those negligées for feet!

Hey are you a nurse?!

And I swear I’m not trying to flirt with you but… those crocs bruv! They really accentuate the shape of your ankles and omg they totes bring out the colour of your leg hairs.

I’m surprised your wife lets you leave the house in those negligées for feet!

Not a nurse. I work in emergency communications. I do have an affinity for hospital scrubs though. I find them comfortable and wear them as pajamas. The plus side is that if you need to run to the grocery store, you don't have to change into anything else.

Not a nurse. I work in emergency communications. I do have an affinity for hospital scrubs though. I find them comfortable and wear them as pajamas. The plus side is that if you need to run to the grocery store, you don't have to change into anything else.
I work in health. And I agree, scrubs are the ducks nuts.

Fucking awful time to be a nurse tho.

Our health sector is at crisis point. I’m currently on holidays. It was holidays or quit. I was so burnt out.

Back
Top Bottom