Can You Grow Weed In Pro-Mix With Only Osmocote Plus, Outdoor & Indoor, And Tap Water?

We've had rain, for a portion of the day, every day, for a week. I found one of the buds has some rot. I should have some space inside come tomorrow so I can bring her back inside.

We've had rain, for a portion of the day, every day, for a week. I found one of the buds has some rot. I should have some space inside come tomorrow so I can bring her back inside.
Rot is such a nuisance. Not to make it about me while totes making it about me, I get so close to the finish line only to have my best Coca-Cola’s rot. It happens every summertime grow. My area is tropical. Humidity, heat, rain, repeat.

That plant is extraordinary farside. If you have time could you place something beside it for scale? I’d like to get an idea of the actual size.

It’s all fun and games till someone hysterically screams “is there a doctor here?!” And all eyes are on farside lollllingggg.

If anyone is still capable of screaming, you're doing it wrong.

If anyone is still capable of screaming, you're doing it wrong.

download.jpeg

Is it still considered ripping if your neighbor's (cell-mates, whatever they call it when multiple families have to live in one building) plants are growing over to YOUR window?

So sad.

Before bud rot

What's left

She's a bit yellow after dryng out from all the rain and not being able to be supplemented. Lost a ton to bud rot. She was grown non-trained so most of her weight was in the top cola. Now it's all gone. Hopefully I'll still be able to get a zip or two from her. Lesson for today, when your normally dry summers turn into a tropical rainforest, you can't grow dense bud outside without having it rot away. Damn shame.

Yikes! I hope you blasted all the spores off of the plant (and top surface of the soil, I guess?) with your garden hose before you brought the plant inside.

Despite getting fed supplemented water, she continues to yellow. It either means that she's consumed almost all the Osmocote and needs stronger supplementation or the she's reaching the end of her natural life span. I think it's the second. She'll likely get the axe Tuesday. I lost a lot but what's left is solid and smells delicious. If it were just me consuming her, she'd probably last me 5 months. With the son here it will be lucky to last 2 weeks.

Harvested the Osmo girl this afternoon. Decent amount of bud considering I lost better than 1/2 to rot. This grow is over.

Findings:. Osmocote alone can work through veg but you'll have to supplement Potassium (about 100 ppm) and Calcium (about 50 ppm) when you get to bloom.

Growing outdoors during a particularly wet summer sucks!

a particularly wet summer

It's good to know that not everyone has decided to live where the water... isn't.

Although, like you, I've been receiving... plenty. But I'm not asking for less, lol. I did that about 14 years ago - and it stopped raining that evening. But not another drop of rain fell for eight weeks :rolleyes: .

nice grow farside05

I noticed we use the same plant risers. I have mine sitting in dish pans. I drape a few strips of material from an old grow bag over them and bottom feed water, works great. easy swick without the perlite.

Final weight off of what wasn't lost to rot, 84.3g, just shy of 3oz. I'm sure I lost at least half. 6oz off of that strain and breeder would have been a great haul. It's still just bonus bud since it didn't take up any indoor space when it was needed for other plants.

Smoked any yet?

Maybe tomorrow. I put a n my 2 week notice Tuesday. Got a new job, same thing only a different agency. New gig doesn't really do random testing. I see much more consumption in my future ;)

Back
Top Bottom