Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

Just a quick thought here in regards to Sue's post on following instructions.

When I was caring for my Uncle here, who is a Diabetic, a recent amputee, has had a kidney transplant, blood pressure issues, and heart troubles....well you get the picture on what and how many prescriptions he had. He had so many medicines he had to take at different times of the day and different amounts that even the visiting nurses staff had a hard time getting them straight for him. It was out of control. Most of the time, the not following instructions was due to him forgetting what he was supposed to take and when, or taking the wrong dosage and then forgetting if he took it at all.

My point of this is, I found the neatest thing for medicine reminders with patients. They have cell phone/android apps that are called "Pill timers" or "Med Helpers" that have great features on them.
I wish I had known about those when he was here, I think it would have helped him and his caregiver to have a phone next to him buzzing when it's time for a med or a BP check, or sugar check etc.

Check them out, you might find it's useful. :)

I find my "Task" app on my phone is a life saver.
It goes off every 3.5 hours to remind me to dose. It was way harder before I found a "reminder" helper.
Great post Canna...

Now for question from the peanut gallery. The Bio Bomb (Rolls off the tongue so mch better then Canna-Budwig Proticol). I don't think that is something necessary for me and treating my MS. Maybe a little over kill. But how about my wife's Lyme? She has been tacking 3x daily and seeing improvement. She we up the dose? :peace:

Interesting to see what the responses are. I like the name too.

One of my daughter's challenges is asthma. She's learned to control much of it without her inhaler, but we'll watch for changes when she starts. How to document that? I need some standard measure she can check every day. Have to work on that with her. Good thing we live right next door (such a 'Burgh thing it's laughable :laughtwo: ). I'll see her every day. She's ten steps away. LOL!

Has she every played with an Incentive Spirometer?
I don't know that it is relative to her issues. My wife used one to measure her ability to do long slow inhales when she had her pulmonary embolism and reduced lung function. It's also fun to imagine yourself as in the movie "The Right Stuff" :rofl:

The studies of lung function use a devise that measures exhale force (pressure exerted) and volume in one second. I haven't seen the devise to know what it looks like, what it's called, or the cost of one. I'll bet Fanny already has a picture of one...lol I'll go see if I can find one.

21PgjSoDuHL.jpg

I think this is one.

:Namaste:
JohnnyasthmaOilseed

Has she every played with an Incentive Spirometer?
I don't know that it is relative to her issues. My wife used one to measure her ability to do long slow inhales when she had her pulmonary embolism and reduced lung function. It's also fun to imagine yourself as in the movie "The Right Stuff" :rofl:

I tossed two of those into the trash after he died. I culled medical equipment the very next day. I can probably get one for her from her PCP.

I think that one measures how well you can suck (inhale).

Asthma patients are concerned with how well they can blow (exhale)....the link in my last post.

Or here again:

21PgjSoDuHL.jpg

Here's one that looks like it measures the correct data:

lung_helper1.jpg

This looks best so far.

The exhaling units measure powr and peak force -- a quick puff.

The inhaling units measure breath control and pressure over time - blowing a long note on a flute.

I don't know which one gives a more subtle or useful measurement, the inhaling unit is more about volume of airflow than air pressure.
Both could measure graphable data over time.

What part of the instructions aren't they following? I'm not asking this flippantly. I'm an educator by nature and training who just spent twenty years fighting to keep my husband alive. Part of our success with that was his ability to ALWAYS follow instructions, unless it was his wife encouraging him to eat better and get more exercise. :straightface: But I'm interested, because motivation interests me too, and there may be some creative solutions to these little challenges.

Hey Sweet's...let me give a couple examples instead of trying to break it down since I get a little Verbose( quite a fancy word from a grade 12 equalvalent eh? Lol I figured the term" long winded" was getting a little Verbose:laughtwo:) Anyways, First time producing the oil for an individual I was the " in the shadows"( I was making it but did not have direct contact to the individual who was receiving it)this particular person had lung cancer metastasized to the bones. After 2 months of taking the correct oil dosage his cancer was in remission( and this as from a nooby who basically did not know a thing about making the oil) unfortunately his dosage levels started dropping ...A LOT....from a gram a day to 10 grams lasting him 3 wks. Next thing I knew he was off the oil completely, 2 months later his cancer was back! ( unfortunately I was back up north working so there was little I could do for him even thou I had 2 lbs of high quality "Vitamin Weed' in the basement. To make a long story "Short & Sad" he received radiation which basically killed his immune system , Pneumonia set in and so did the cancer....in his Brain..I think you all know where I am going with this. Think I would learn not to give oil away unless I am talking directly to the individual?...NOPE!..i am currently giving the oil to a lady "via" her son, who is not much better at listening to directions then my first guy. I was telling him to buy organic foods , anything that pertains to the treatment of her disease, His response was she cannot afford that but yet her husband smokes 1 1/2 packs a smoke a day(U F@#Kin serious). One more example, I was down having a Brew with my cousin(COPD) last night, took him down some more Caps, ask him " how he was making out" he said good... said he takes 2 caps a day ...occasionally...skips days ... takes one cap a day her "here and there" and smoking a pack a day(U F@# kin Serious). I read day in and day out of people that would kill to get ahold of this Medicine for them or their loved ones and I am giving to people who thinks it "Grows on Trees" (No Pun intended). This will be the last time I will give my oil to someone who will not follow protocol. Their is people out there who will eat and breathe (again no pun intended) everything you tell them and that is who I will save my oil for!:circle-of-love:

Thank you for the frank response panacea. I think we can all learn from your experience and I appreciate the willingness to be transparent. There are going to be so many instances of this, because people are human. Hopefully we can come up with workable strategies to help patients hold themselves accountable and other ways to encourage others to take the process under their own control from growing through administration. We can only produce so much ourselves, and that oil should be going to individuals as driven to improve their health as you are to growing the plants that offer them hope.

So much trickier than plant, water, harvest, and make oil, isn't it?

What pisses me off is when I give someone $400 worth of oil for free....and they don't take it and don't tell me about it and don't return it.

Sometimes something given for free has no perceived value to the recipient. A concept I pray to not come across again.

We always have to remember that the operative word is "sometimes". If it weren't so rare and costly. So many ifs. :laughtwo:

My last post was NOT referring to anyone on this site.

The page would not let me edit and everything is weird and very, very, very, very slow still.

Good luck to the fixers.

Namasta (can't 'Go Advanced')
JohnnyOilseed

My last post was NOT referring to anyone on this site.

The page would not let me edit and everything is weird and very, very, very, very slow still.

Good luck to the fixers.

Namasta (can't 'Go Advanced')
JohnnyOilseed

I figured this was for me since I received the 90g of oil. I didn't use it for med, but hung a bunch of pictures on my walls with it. Shoulda told ya. But, it's so sticky I couldn't help it.
Thanks Couyon.

(This was Sunday humor for the lil bus folks)

It was 100g but who's counting? Besides, pictures are therapeutic too! lol

'Go Advanced' still doesn't work and I'm getting half pages, looooooooooooooong waits between every action, and no page boot 25% of the time. I'm using the Safari browser (7.0.4) on my 2006 Macbook.

JohnnyOilseed

Making carrier solvent this morning, and processing 12oz of flowers.
I almost forgot all the info when decarbing/processing CBD strains.
These flowers tonight are from Bubba Kush, Violator Kush, Blue Dream & CBD Critical Cure.

IMG_20160313_145840178.jpg

Hi Everyone

We're sorry your are experiencing this problem. This is an issue with a service provider and is affecting all their many clients in a system-wide event. It is causing slow/no loading of pages and a number of other, erratic loading problems. The supplier will resolve this as soon as possible. We understand your frustration and thank you for your patience.

:Namaste:

I figured this was for me since I received the 90g of oil. I didn't use it for med, but hung a bunch of pictures on my walls with it. Shoulda told ya. But, it's so sticky I couldn't help it.
Thanks Couyon.

(This was Sunday humor for the lil bus folks)
Dudes (Cajun & John ) that was some funny Sh*t you guys were posting. That made my day, wiping the tears from my eyes.:laughtwo::peace:

Hey gang, is it spring, or do we just spring forward?
Alexa just told me spring starts next Sunday, March 20.
Y'all did set your clocks ahead one hour, didn't you?

On another note:

A dear friend, who shall remain nameless, just had my oil tested in a Washington state lab. Bad news, I'm afraid .... my oil is no longer 95% THC!
I'm guessing that's because I'm reclaiming the alcohol at about 190 proof, so it's pulling moisture from the air with each pass. I'm getting more chlorophyl from the buds. The highest I could distill 151 Everclear to is 180 proof (2 passes thru the still...176 proof with one pass).

That seems to have lowered my sativa oil made with the 190 proof alcohol to 82% THC
and it lowered my indica oil made with the 180 proof alcohol to 79% THC.
There you have the answer to the question "How much does alcohol proof affect the cold wash technique end product?".

I'm told the lab tech was surprised at the results because they thought 60% THC was as high as you could go. That (60%) was the highest percent THC they'd seen till now. It sounds like it must be a new lab! IDK.

This is replacing store bought RSO that a brain cancer patient and a breast cancer patient were sold for a cancer cure. It was tested in the same Washington state lab at 14% THC. This reinforces the idea that home grown bud and home made oil are best (the difference between life and death). And the reason some don't experience the magic of our oil.

That's why I shall remain.....

JohnnyOilseed

Back
Top Bottom