Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

re: Cannabis Oil Users Cafe & Lounge

I am not sure if the is the right place to post this or not, but since this is where the smartest people on :420: are hanging out these days, here we go.

I have a friend that wants to try MMJ for ADD. She watched her son struggle with it through High School and did not like what the meds did to him. In the end, he finished High school, stopped the meds, and is one of the most prolific song writers around right now. He writes for his own bands (you would know the songs if I told you Several gold and platinum records in the last 3 or 4 years) and has written for many other BIG artists that you wouldn't eve know the songs are his if you didn't see the credits.

Anyway, she does not want to go the route of Aderall or ridalin. So my questions are, which strains and what are the best methods of treating? Oil? Eatables? smoking/vaping? I am thinking a good Sativa. I have C99 and Carnival seeds on the way. The way Sue seemed hyper focused on the Carnival I am thinking that might be a good one to try.

Suggestions? :peace:

SG, while waiting for comments from anyone in the know on this, I typed in "marijuana for ADD" and there was an article talking about Weed may treat ADHD better than adderall. Might be worth reading while you wait. :)

:circle-of-love:

Thanks Canna. There was an article here in 420 about a study in England. Most of the people did not go back to their old meds but stayed with MMJ. I am happy to grow it for her. I just want to grow the right strain. :) :peace:

I received this message from High School mate in Oct 2013 about her husband, Allan. I understand that he finally responded to the antibiotic therapy and is much better. If we all manage to see each other, I'll ask if he considered CCO.

"Hey Jim. Sorry you had the cat-scratch illness, which I think also mimics Lyme, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, etc. Allan has late-stage neurologic Lyme encephalitis. For 2 years it was misdiagnosed as depression and treated incorrectly - in Richmond, 2 months at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore, 7 months at National Institute of Health in Bethesda - and all the while he never responded and got worse and worse. Earlier this year I took him to Columbia Medical Center in NYC where, after 4 days of tests, he got a confirmed diagnosis. He stayed at Johnston-Willis for 5 days to start treatments, then I was able to administer 6 weeks of IV antibiotic therapy at home. He continues to decline, and there are no doctors who have ever seen or treated this particular illness. I have no idea what else to do. Thanks for the message, J...."

That said, I knew my body needed the THC also, because of stomach and appetite issues, so the CBD alone, was not going to be enough for me.

My wife is suffering with Lyme now. She is on the antibiotic route at the moment. My friend with the ADD asked about cronic Lyme. She has a friend that is not doing well with antibiotics. What stains have you found to be best so far? Also, how much oil are you tacking daily? :peace:

I am not sure if the is the right place to post this or not, but since this is where the smartest people on :420: are hanging out these days, here we go.

I have a friend that wants to try MMJ for ADD. She watched her son struggle with it through High School and did not like what the meds did to him. In the end, he finished High school, stopped the meds, and is one of the most prolific song writers around right now. He writes for his own bands (you would know the songs if I told you Several gold and platinum records in the last 3 or 4 years) and has written for many other BIG artists that you wouldn't eve know the songs are his if you didn't see the credits.

Anyway, she does not want to go the route of Aderall or ridalin. So my questions are, which strains and what are the best methods of treating? Oil? Eatables? smoking/vaping? I am thinking a good Sativa. I have C99 and Carnival seeds on the way. The way Sue seemed hyper focused on the Carnival I am thinking that might be a good one to try.

Suggestions? :peace:

You might know that I don't have experience with treating ADD or ADHD. But maybe I can add to the discussion (pun intended).

I put less emphasis on particular strains and focus on Sativa/Indica properties with excellent results so far. Tim liked some strains more than others. I haven't learned that part too well yet.

Start with any sativa dominant strain for the daytime oil, and any pure indica strain for the night and I bet she'll find relief.

The oil made by Tim's method is the strongest form of Cannabinoids possible. About 95% if done properly.

Also, I believe Tim's tacking protocol is, by far, the most potent way to use the oil as a medicine. No high, direct to the brain.

Good Luck and God Bless You for helping your friend.

:Namaste:

My .02 on this topic is that there hasn't been much research yet for ADHD but the research that does exist points to lower CB1 cannabinoid receptor densities in pre-frontal cortex regions of lab rats and increasing THC intake for those subjects significantly improved impulse-control. Therefore, human trials aimed at validating these results should focus on higher THC content in CCO. Mine and Tim's (last time we discussed) favorite daytime strain is Blue Dream and should be an excellent candidate for trials targeting ADHD.

Groomer, I've heard a lot of differing stories/successes/horrors about how effective antibiotics are and what some potential dangerous side effects of longer term use are. I know if you have chronic Lyme some docs like to put you on them for 6 months+, but than people go on and off for years on end, and the cycle goes nowhere fast. Sometimes they work great for people and they never relapse at all. Sometimes they work for many years and than suddenly a full relapse of symptoms. I do think antibiotics are fairly safe if used correctly, and supplemented with probiotics. I also have a good deal of confidence the oil is more effective than Antibiotics, as I have improved way quicker than most any patients my Doc does "traditional" treatments with.

I tack 4 times a day usually. Some days I try to get in 5 or 6, and somedays I only need 3. I just use one grain of rice each time, occasionally a tad more. When I was ingesting I was taking up to 5 grains at a time, and it was awesome/brutal, hahaha. I love the plant, so being really high didn't bother me, but I prefer being able to function with some energy, as the past decade or so, energy has not been in my vocabulary...

Tacking I have found almost all the strains I've tried to be helpful, as long as I use sativa and indica at the proper times. When ingesting some strains wiped me out, same made me very euphoric, etc... Since its not legal here, and my guy only has 3-4 strains to choose from usually, I take what I can get. Chemdawg and some other strong sativas like Cali Dream (hybrid I think) work very well for daytime. The Cannatonic can be good for day and night, as it seems to really work on inflammation. The Kush or Medicino Purps both are great strains for night...

Happy to answer any Lyme questions, as I know how scary being in the dark is. Its a very misunderstood illness and is often times misdiagnosed for many years. THE MOTO Method seems to be the truly key ingredient though!

-Much Love

Groomer, I've heard a lot of differing stories/successes/horrors about how effective antibiotics are and what some potential dangerous side effects of longer term use are. I know if you have chronic Lyme some docs like to put you on them for 6 months+, but than people go on and off for years on end, and the cycle goes nowhere fast. Sometimes they work great for people and they never relapse at all. Sometimes they work for many years and than suddenly a full relapse of symptoms. I do think antibiotics are fairly safe if used correctly, and supplemented with probiotics. I also have a good deal of confidence the oil is more effective than Antibiotics, as I have improved way quicker than most any patients my Doc does "traditional" treatments with.

I tack 4 times a day usually. Some days I try to get in 5 or 6, and somedays I only need 3. I just use one grain of rice each time, occasionally a tad more. When I was ingesting I was taking up to 5 grains at a time, and it was awesome/brutal, hahaha. I love the plant, so being really high didn't bother me, but I prefer being able to function with some energy, as the past decade or so, energy has not been in my vocabulary...

Tacking I have found almost all the strains I've tried to be helpful, as long as I use sativa and indica at the proper times. When ingesting some strains wiped me out, same made me very euphoric, etc... Since its not legal here, and my guy only has 3-4 strains to choose from usually, I take what I can get. Chemdawg and some other strong sativas like Cali Dream (hybrid I think) work very well for daytime. The Cannatonic can be good for day and night, as it seems to really work on inflammation. The Kush or Medicino Purps both are great strains for night...

Happy to answer any Lyme questions, as I know how scary being in the dark is. Its a very misunderstood illness and is often times misdiagnosed for many years. THE MOTO Method seems to be the truly key ingredient though!

-Much Love

Thanks so much!!! This is very helpful!!! :Namaste::thanks::peace:

Hello everyone.

Please send prayers and healing thoughts and blessings to our brother RSOiler, whose own brother passed away last evening. :rip:

This is a terrible time for him with the loss of Tim, and now his own brother.

RSOiler, we're here for you my friend, my "brother dear".

Bless you, your family, and friends during this time. And I have sent a prayer to bless your brothers soul and rest in peacefulness.

:green_heart:

So sorry to hear that RSOiler

Thoughts and prayers are with you RSOiler.

I have an idea that I have bounced off a few members here recently via PM. Cajun made reference to it yesterday on the tacking thread, so I guess I'll bounce it off you all as well.

I was considering getting a community Memorial grow journal together in Honor of Tim. What this would consist of is members choosing their favorite strain for nighttime or daytime oil and growing from seed or small clone, and posting their progresses/pics all on one thread. Maybe even pics of the oil process they did.

Something similar to this was done when member BID (Big Irish Doode) was lost suddenly, the grow was mostly about purple strains because BID loved purples.

It would be for any member to get involved and show their love and support. It could be titled something like "420 Motoco Memorial Grow".

After the holidays is when I was thinking, maybe mid January so people can get through the holidays and have plenty of time to get seeds or clones to start with.

Any thoughts?

I just feel like I have to do something, and I'm too far away to help or be at the services. I'm sure others feel the same.

Great idea, Canna, I'm in!

Oh man. That poor guy. He's just getting barraged from all directions.
We're here for ya....

Thank you Cajun! :love:

So sorry to hear that RSOiler

Thank you budnoob3! :love:

Thoughts and prayers are with you RSOiler.

Thank you Sue! :love:

RSOiler

May His grace be with you. Trust and move forward.:circle-of-love:

Thank you Jim! :love:

My prayers too RSOiler. I know your loss. I lost a brother many years ago too.

Two brothers in 1 week is more then anyone should have to bear. :Namaste: :circle-of-love: :peace:

Thank you supergroomer! :love:

:circle-of-love: Thank you for your thoughts & prayers "Oilheads" :circle-of-love:

@Cannafan :love::love::Namaste: I want to thank you for being there when Tim passed, we cried together and we laughed together. Now the news of my brother passing, you were there to listen to me, you were there with a shoulder to cry on and you were there with your wisdom and understanding. I cannot thank you enough, please take care of yourself and........eat......hydrate......eat.......hydrate. :love:

Life is full of wind storms, some bigger then others. As I always do, I will face the storm and keep moving forward................................."CANNABIS OILERS UNITED" :love:

I have an idea that I have bounced off a few members here recently via PM. Cajun made reference to it yesterday on the tacking thread, so I guess I'll bounce it off you all as well.

I was considering getting a community Memorial grow journal together in Honor of Tim. What this would consist of is members choosing their favorite strain for nighttime or daytime oil and growing from seed or small clone, and posting their progresses/pics all on one thread. Maybe even pics of the oil process they did.

Something similar to this was done when member BID (Big Irish Doode) was lost suddenly, the grow was mostly about purple strains because BID loved purples.

It would be for any member to get involved and show their love and support. It could be titled something like "420 Motoco Memorial Grow".

After the holidays is when I was thinking, maybe mid January so people can get through the holidays and have plenty of time to get seeds or clones to start with.

Any thoughts?

I just feel like I have to do something, and I'm too far away to help or be at the services. I'm sure others feel the same.

I will be cloning my Blue Blood in a few weeks. I am hoping this is going to be my mainstay for oil. I will gladly dedicate all my clones to Tim and his thread. :circle-of-love: :peace:

FYI,
if I miss a few "likes" and "thanks"...it's my keyboard or something. I keep getting this "you must wait 3 seconds..yadda yadda" and then I discover it didn't work anyway. I'll get to them all eventually. LOL

That sounds nice Supergroomer. :) I'm still waiting on a seed order that had to be resent.
That will have something that I would love to grow, recommended by WildJim. Can't remember the strain at the moment......

Back
Top Bottom