Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Just now catching up on things.

Interesting question. I've only given my clones a couple weeks and changed their light schedule to 12/12 and basically pistils are setting with a little stretch happening too. I wasn't sure there would be much stretch, but there it is.

Agree with Cannafan on the rest. A couple months of veg unless you got a Light Addict/MrAm4zin flux going on.

:circle-of-love:

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Thanks Rado! :ciao: Pinky and Dennise. :)

Don't know who did the rain dance per my request, but :thanks: I have a very light rain going on. Perfect for the planter. :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hi Sista, I was doing my best rain dance for you and I hurt my back, that's why you only get a little drizzle. :thedoubletake::love:

:cco::smokin::cco::thedoubletake:

UPDATE 5-11-16

Here's the flowering girls doing great. The Custard Cream is a little bit behind the other two on bud building:

Plants_5-11.jpg

Blue_Blood_5-11_1.jpg

Custard_Cream_5-11_1.jpg

blue_dream_5-11_2.jpg

custard_cream_5-11_2.jpg

blue_dream_5-11_1.jpg

blue_blood_5-11_3.jpg

blue_blood_5-11_2.jpg

5-11_bud_1.jpg

5-11_bud_2.jpg

5-11_bud_3.jpg

And the Veg kids. The tall lopsided one is doing much better with training.

veg_5-11_1.jpg

veg_5-11_5.jpg

veg_5-11_2.jpg

veg_5-11_3.jpg

I like taking clones to keep a plant going, but I really prefer starting from seed to be able to start the plant lower. 6 of one....half a dozen of the other. LOL

Oh and I thought my girls looked nice this morning and now I see these.

Canna....These are absolutely Gorgeous ! ! !

Be still my :love:

I was at your place yesterday, they are looking lovely! Greening up more every day.

My CeeCee has some leaf color issues, has had it from the start. I'm going to have to do an adjustment of some kind there this week to see If I can improve that.

Thank you! Have a purrrfectly wonderful day Magic Dude.

Critter control effort number one. Successful. :)

I removed all of the clay pebbles from the seeding Fast N Vast the other day in an attempt to keep squirrels and chipmunks from digging around thinking they were some kind of eatables.
I watched a squirrel last night get up on the stand and look around inside that pot from all angles, didn't dig....got bored and left. YEY!

So you've learned you can't toss and catch those women in the air like a Baton anymore! LOL

Thanks brother dear!

:cco:

The mind says yes, but the body says no :cheesygrinsmiley:

:love::cco::love:

The kids planted down on the cove are doing okay. The biggest one was pretty droopy last evening, so I gave it a shot of water. We also had rain this morning very early so she picked up. I think once the roots get deeper she'll have access to all the moisture she needs there. Will just take some time and watching.

Last night:

outdoor_32.jpg

This morning:

outdoor_42.jpg

This one had the little bitty top in with it, and it appears the little bit didn't make it. No loss, I really hadn't planned on it surviving.

outdoor_21.jpg

The 3rd one is doing okay, the color is recovering a little from the light bleach. I had to prop it a bit to keep it upright until it gets settled in there and stronger:

Outdoor_19.jpg

For those of you subscribed to my season thread, I will have pics in a bit of what great company these girls have down there. Chatter...chatter....

The planter doesn't show any sprouts yet. What it does show is a set of deer tracks right smack through the center of it. LOL
Guess I better get that fencing up today.

Okay, these Fast n Vast girls were supposed to be a harvest of 8 weeks from germination. I am now into around 11 weeks on these two plants. So, the one with the small buds will certainly be cut down. She's not going to get any better budding. The colder temps and then the frostbite did her in. If that danged electric bill hadn't hit me so hard I wouldn't have had to move them outside, but it is what it is.

I think I have a plan to counteract whatever lighting is used inside now, I have a full sized freezer that I am emptying out. I don't need it right now as the kitchen refrigerator is a side by side. That's going to wipe out a good amount of the usage I'm sure.

The seeded one will be brought inside to sit in a sunny window until they are ripened up enough.

I will post some pics up of the "buds", as shameful as they will look. LOL Hopefully tomorrow, if there is no work for me on the part time job.

I did manage to get a fencing around the planter in between rains, so when the deer run through here they will have to avoid that now.

The upright freezer might not save so much - at the startup surge it might draw 1000-1500w but once running it will be closer to 200 watts. A typical duty cycle it about 20% on and 80% off -- My guess would be the freezer draws about the same as a 40-50 wattt light bulb left constantly on.

The upright freezer might not save so much - at the startup surge it might draw 1000-1500w but once running it will be closer to 200 watts. A typical duty cycle it about 20% on and 80% off -- My guess would be the freezer draws about the same as a 40-50 wattt light bulb left constantly on.

I believe that you are right there. I always assumed these things take up a good power amount. I pulled out the manual on the freezer last night and it's an energy star, and appears to be in the range of what you said on the watts. Sooooo...certainly not saving a whole lot to unplug it and it will be an inconvenience trying to shove everything into the side by side for sure. Ah well......back to analyzing household stuff. :laugh:

:thanks:

I have electric hot water.. Last year I was turning it off and I'd get 4 days hot water use, I'd go away for weekends (not need to turn it on) so was only heating it once a week.. Cut my power bill noticeably.. I then made a black tubing solar hot water into storage tank over summer..but was all manual and work got busy.. I justify my laziness when it's not an issue to pay for it but worked well when I used it..sorry if off topic.. Plants looking good, getting ready... Hope all is well..

Fridges and freezers usually say how much power they consume each year.. My fridge/freezer is 2000w a day. Ice block water dispenser side by side. I wanted one when they became affordable, silly man.. haven't got water from it in 5-6 years...

Fridges and freezers usually say how much power they consume each year.. My fridge/freezer is 2000w a day. Ice block water dispenser side by side. I wanted one when they became affordable, silly man.. haven't got water from it in 5-6 years...

Yep, I did all of the water heater and save energy stuff a couple years ago to conserve. It's set pretty low, but I am here every day and can't really turn it off for any extended periods. My kitchen fridge is the same, Ice/water dispenser. I do use the water dispenser frequently. The ice dispenser has a lever and I turn that off until the container completely runs out so it doesn't keep making ice.

If everything works out today as planned, my veg girls are going outside for the daylight hours and then back inside for the remainder of the veg lighting schedule at night. That's going to save some dollars. :)

I want to thank BeaverIslander for the inspiration to build this mini covered wagon green house. :circle-of-love:

Here is the post he made with his design:

The Beaver's Lodge - A Little Of This & Little Of That

I started with a metal pull behind cart for my lawn mower and a piece of cattle fencing. I never use this cart, so it's good that I have finally found a purpose for it. I drilled holes in the tops of the sides to fit the cattle fencing wire into and to secure it to the cart. Worked perfectly!

Then on with plastic sheeting and cut to fit.

To attach the main cover and sides of each end panel I made use of a box of gutter clips for hanging christmas lights. I just cut the top part off and used the bottom portion clip. They work great and have a good tight fit over the wire and plastic.

clips.jpg

And here's the result:

green_house_3.jpg

green_house_2.jpg

green_house_1.jpg

Both ends can be opened and clipped back in place to seal it off. I can roll it wherever I need it and follow the sun throughout the day, or hide if I need to. LOL

There are 3 plants in there now, and it looks like I could get 6 in there fairly easily.
I closed it up and came inside for about a half hour and when I checked the temp in there it had shot up to 109 degrees.

green_house_4.jpg

So far it's doing well with the wind. I'm going to put two pieces of PVC pipe on each end in an arc and attach them to the inside of the cart for more support.

Done!

You got it Cannafan, I think you're gonna like it... lots! :thumb:

+reps

Today it is partly cloudy and down to 49 degrees outside, but inside the covered wagon it is 66 with 49% humidity. Thats with no heat, just partial sunshine.

Back
Top Bottom