Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Cannafan, Hope you are having a great Mother's Day. It is 19:30 here so I be sending an email later but your time probably be early morning. Have a green night. Dan
:high-five::circle-of-love::thanks:

Hi Dan 'da Man, hope you had a great day as well. I'll watch for the email. :circle-of-love:

Good to see you back Pinky! I'll bet your green girlies missed you. :) I'll be stopping by today sometime.

:circle-of-love:

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Okay, someone do a rain dance for me. We need a bit for the planter with all of the seeds in it. ;-)

I think I'm going to chop down the Frostbit Fast N Vast girl. What little buds there are might be good for something, if not just adding to some cannabutter. I removed all of the bad leaves, they were grayish and the edges were crispy critters. Might do that tonight....

Now the Seeded one had some bad leaves, but not near as many. It seems to be doing okay.
I tested one of the seeds last week and it was still pretty soft, today they are much denser, so they appear to be ripening.
Here's one of them:

Fast_N_vast_seed_1.jpg

fast_n_vast_seed_2.jpg

Such purty colors!

Love the bent over graft girl outside :) are you gonna be doing any more graft experimentations? My 2 flowering attempts failed, yet I'll try again soon!
Anyway, may your day be a bud laden one my friend! ;)

:ciao: LA!

Oh, heck ya I'll be trying some more. :) It will be interesting to see if this one actually flowers, I really don't know why it wouldn't. Appears quite healthy.
The male root stock is putting out lots of new leaves, but there is not much for pollen sacs going on. I'm wondering if that will reveg with pollens sacs just like a female reveg's to flower???

Well that made my head hurt trying to think that one out lol :)

I'm gonna see how young you can go for both base and donor. Mainly as I've gone messed up a ton of young fluxes through not being about to care for em doh!

Hmmmm.....question comes up for me now. If that male plant is done producing the pollen, will it just die now? Is that the cycle?
I've been reading where people have success revegging them, but generally it is thought that they die after their pollen has all dropped.

Anybody know? I would hate to leave this grafted female clone on a plant that is just going to die. It certainly still looks healthy enough as you can see by the outside pic from yesterday. :hmmmm:

Hmmmm.....question comes up for me now. If that male plant is done producing the pollen, will it just die now? Is that the cycle?
I've been reading where people have success revegging them, but generally it is thought that they die after their pollen has all dropped.

Anybody know? I would hate to leave this grafted female clone on a plant that is just going to die. It certainly still looks healthy enough as you can see by the outside pic from yesterday. :hmmmm:

Wow. Damn interesting question. Of perennials, biennials and annuals, I would think that our favorite plant would be the most likely to die. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Other part of your question...I really don't know. just hazarding a guess.

I'm gonna go with symbiosis! :)
Firstly my male stock was revegged and then grafted onto, so bit diff for me. Yet as for the symbiosis, I'm gonna go with the pull of the cut wanting to survive. I'd strip back everything but bare foliage in a cpl of spots on the male and let the graft totally dominate. This to me will be enough for the plant to carry onwards. Heck I might be wrong and outdoors is different, yet these plants have mad capacity to survive and they're already intermingled, so yup my 2cents worth :)

Wow. Damn interesting question. Of perennials, biennials and annuals, I would think that our favorite plant would be the most likely to die. But it doesn't have to be that way.

Other part of your question...I really don't know. just hazarding a guess.

Thanks Magic Dude. :) I have an idea....wave your Magic Scepter over the plant and all will be well till a harvest! :laugh:

Firstly my male stock was revegged and then grafted onto, so bit diff for me. Yet as for the symbiosis, I'm gonna go with the pull of the cut wanting to survive. I'd strip back everything but bare foliage in a cpl of spots on the male and let the graft totally dominate. This to me will be enough for the plant to carry onwards. Heck I might be wrong and outdoors is different, yet these plants have mad capacity to survive and they're already intermingled, so yup my 2cents worth :)

It's actually an indoor plant LA, I just took it outside for some fresh air and Sun yesterday.

I would have to agree with stripping it back, and will do that again. As I said, it does appear healthy...so maybe this will work.
When I first started asking questions about grafting oh so long ago, I read that you needed to have a male root stock. Thinking about that now, it doesn't make sense if the cannabis male root stock is supposed to die off.

I'll keep scratching my head. If anything, we all learn something from this for sure!

:ciao: LA!
The male root stock is putting out lots of new leaves, but there is not much for pollen sacs going on. I'm wondering if that will reveg with pollens sacs just like a female reveg's to flower???

The male rootstock will continue to act like a male - so strip the rootstock like you strip the low foliage that grows popcorn on a girl in flower.

The female scion will demand the male roots continue to provide for it - this should be more effective if there is little to no male foliage or flowers to send male signals to the rootstock.

I vote with Light Addict :)

Thanks Magic Dude. :) I have an idea....wave your Magic Scepter over the plant and all will be well till a harvest! :laugh:

It's actually an indoor plant LA, I just took it outside for some fresh air and Sun yesterday.

I would have to agree with stripping it back, and will do that again. As I said, it does appear healthy...so maybe this will work.
When I first started asking questions about grafting oh so long ago, I read that you needed to have a male root stock. Thinking about that now, it doesn't make sense if the cannabis male root stock is supposed to die off.

I'll keep scratching my head. If anything, we all learn something from this for sure!

I don't think the thought was one HAD to have male rootstock. I think this was a suggestion for what to do with healthy male roots rather than just tossing a good sized plant.

Hi Canna,

How is your light rainy day today? I'll bet the girls love it! :circle-of-love:

How long do you like to veg from clone or seed?
Do you think they will stretch A LOT more if you wait... say, 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks?
I am just wondering if the extra time equals the amount of extra bud you gain.
Have you ever went 12-16 weeks in veg?

Just curious about this process, and other peoples experiences. :Namaste::thanks:
:love:

Hi Canna,

How is your light rainy day today? I'll bet the girls love it! :circle-of-love:

How long do you like to veg from clone or seed?
Do you think they will stretch A LOT more if you wait... say, 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks?
I am just wondering if the extra time equals the amount of extra bud you gain.
Have you ever went 12-16 weeks in veg?

Just curious about this process, and other peoples experiences. :Namaste::thanks:
:love:

Hi Pinky, good questions. :) The longer veg time you give, the bigger the plant and more time for the smaller branches to get bigger for bigger buds. So more yield. ;-) I have never vegged longer than two months, as I feel going longer than that is kind of a waste because I never saw the plant do much more. That is just my opinion. I do defoliation a few times during veg to open up the smaller branches too. Others may feel differently.

As far as stretch....I really don't know that longer veg times makes for more stretch. Never really noticed that as an effect.

Let's see what others say on that. :)

Me personally, two months maximum for veg.

Rainy out, so I'm doing a little spring cleaning, warshing curtains and windows today...inside. LOL

Cannafan, I am on my way down to the VA and will get an email out to you later. Have a green, peaceful day. Dan
:high-five::circle-of-love::thanks:

Thanks so much Canna, that is exactly what I wanted to know. Enjoy the rain! :Namaste::circle-of-love:
Have some Sour D, it always helps me with housework!:passitleft:

Hi Pinky, good questions. :) The longer veg time you give, the bigger the plant and more time for the smaller branches to get bigger for bigger buds. So more yield. ;-) I have never vegged longer than two months, as I feel going longer than that is kind of a waste because I never saw the plant do much more. That is just my opinion. I do defoliation a few times during veg to open up the smaller branches too. Others may feel differently.

As far as stretch....I really don't know that longer veg times makes for more stretch. Never really noticed that as an effect.

Let's see what others say on that. :)

Me personally, two months maximum for veg.

Rainy out, so I'm doing a little spring cleaning, warshing curtains and windows today...inside. LOL

Back
Top Bottom