Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Dennise and I have been discussing the Boveda packets for humidity control when curing buds. I'm going to try to get some, but in the meantime I decided to try an experiment based on an idea I got online this morning.

I have a jar of bud that got way too dried out, it was an unknown strain by Buddha seeds last year.

humidity_pack_4.jpg

I got a piece of paper toweling and folded it into a 2" x 1" square and soaked it in water, then wrapped it tight in saran wrap:

humidity_pack_3.jpg

I cut a few small holes in that and then taped it to the inside lid of my curing jar:

humidity_pack_1.jpg

humidity_pack_2.jpg

Then seal it back up and wait to see if any improvement happens. I have no idea how long, this is an experiment.

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Okay one observation on this humidity pack experiment, I don't think I cut the holes wide enough. It was wrapped pretty good in that saran wrap, so a couple of layers. One might have blocked the other, so I cut a couple holes a bit wider to allow the moisture to get out.

I'm looking around the house for something that is perforated that I can wrap around the wet paper towel pieces.

:circle-of-love:

All three flower girls got a major haircut today to open up buds. I'm not going to load a pic yet.....I'll wait until they recover a little. Sure hope it helps with the smaller buds below!
I didn't strip them, but they are much lighter leaved. LOL

Canna we can congratulate you.. You can say your excited. Nothing to be scared of, lol.... Winner winner butter machines making dinner...

Your being a paranoid stoner.. You be smoking again :rofl: you can acknowledge, just don't campaign..

Can be weird here at times.. I had a photo of me and back of daughter in a river.. No weed, off topic thread.. I got a warning about children in photos.. Here I thought it was a cannabis warrior site, to show the world of it's safeness and normality.. What's more normal than family's enjoying themselves?show the anti campaigners, we are just like you, love our kids, hard working and able to enjoy life... I think there could be something more powerful if we showed the world, we are normal, we are your neighbours, friends, loved ones. Idk.. Just seem reality isn't always walking hand in hand with marijuana, whether in reality or in a mj safe house like this.. Always got to hide something...

Good points Grizz. For sure :)

Well, I have sprouts all over the place in the outdoor planter. I think that deer running through there pushed some seeds around, there are several places where two sprouts are popping right next to each other. This ought to be interesting for sure. LOL

I will get some pics when they are big enough to tell what they are in there.

The Fast N Vast that got the frostbite surprised me when I went to chop. She's got a few seeds to offer. So....I'll wait for those to mature. Could it be she got stressed enough from that cold that she self pollinated at some point and I missed it? It's an Auto...do they do that?

Okay one observation on this humidity pack experiment, I don't think I cut the holes wide enough. It was wrapped pretty good in that saran wrap, so a couple of layers. One might have blocked the other, so I cut a couple holes a bit wider to allow the moisture to get out.

I'm looking around the house for something that is perforated that I can wrap around the wet paper towel pieces.

How long before the molds starts to grow on the wet paper towel?

Have you tried fresh orange peelings?

How long before the molds starts to grow on the wet paper towel?

Have you tried fresh orange peelings?

Wish I had some orange peels to try. That sounds interesting!

I don't have any idea on the mold, hadn't read that it will do that. I'll be watching this every day though, so if it does happen I'll know right away.

:thumb:

Lemon peels? lol

I dunnnnnooooo Grizz...read those new rules. It's iffy and gray to me. LOL

Well I looked. I'm thinking that this one has caught your eye:

3. Promotion (i.e. campaigning) for yourself or a friend, or any attempt at voting more than one time per person (i.e. multiple user names, etc.) is considered cheating and is prohibited. Promotion also includes family and friends who register a new account for voting purposes. Campaigning in any form - including but not limited to mentioning the nomination in any thread outside the contest and campaigning via PMs - will result in the member being removed from the month's contest. A second instance, either in a different contest during the same month or in any future contest, will attract a lifetime ban from all future contests.

By doing what you've been doing since I've known you (photos of your great plants, birds and other gifts of God, great information and your talent for DIY), will not break these rules.

Your being a paranoid stoner.. You be smoking again :rofl: you can acknowledge, just don't campaign..

Agreed.

:passitleft:

Good points Grizz. For sure :)

Well, I have sprouts all over the place in the outdoor planter. I think that deer running through there pushed some seeds around, there are several places where two sprouts are popping right next to each other. This ought to be interesting for sure. LOL

I will get some pics when they are big enough to tell what they are in there.

The Fast N Vast that got the frostbite surprised me when I went to chop. She's got a few seeds to offer. So....I'll wait for those to mature. Could it be she got stressed enough from that cold that she self pollinated at some point and I missed it? It's an Auto...do they do that?

Is it possible she was pollinated by someone else? It'd be an easy thing to miss with so many plants at once. Mystery seeds! :woohoo: Some of my best produce came from mystery seeds.

Is it possible she was pollinated by someone else? It'd be an easy thing to miss with so many plants at once. Mystery seeds! :woohoo: Some of my best produce came from mystery seeds.

Back when I first started growing I wouldn't have minded mystery seeds. But now that I'm looking for specifics on Sativa or Indica for daytime/night time oil and other things, I don't like to mess with them. Yeah, you can tell by leaves etc. as they are growing...but not knowing what percentage of Sativa vs. Indica or what medicinal qualities each unknown strain has would be useless to me.

Last night I got to analyzing the history of these two Fast N Vast from the start. They were kept completely away from the other plants, totally different room far away. I had two male plants early on when we started the memorial grow, Master Kush. I used a small amount of pollen from one on one branch of a Fast N Vast being careful to keep plastic over it for the pollen to stay put. There were no fans in that room either. No problems from there, everything was going normal. I removed the plastic when it was supposedly safe and the pollen was no longer viable. LOL The other male plant was destroyed, and the one I got the pollen from was stripped of the pollen sacks and used for the graft. That is outside in the cannastoga, no visible pollen sacs left.

The forced outside went to much colder temperatures, unexpectedly. What a great time to have an unseasonable cold front. Grrrr.....

The two plants were next to each other outside. Soooooo, MAYBE that pollen stayed viable for 2 - 3 weeks because it was chilled by outdoor temps guys?? Then of course the wind would have carried a pollen grain or two to the other plant. (it only takes one. LOL)
That, to me, is the logical explanation. If that's it, then I know exactly what I have. Fast n Vast Auto x Master Kush Photo.

That's my theory and I'm sticking to it. :laugh:

Well I looked. I'm thinking that this one has caught your eye:

By doing what you've been doing since I've known you (photos of your great plants, birds and other gifts of God, great information and your talent for DIY), will not break these rules.

Agreed.

:passitleft:

Okay Okay, I'm paranoid based on history. ROFL New rules are always because someone bent or disregarded old ones to get an advantage. Sucks, but it is what it is.

Thanks everybody! I am truly grateful for everyone's appreciation and am very excited.

:cheer:

Yeah, I'm a pack rat. But I like that I am. That old king size mattress I tore apart in the basement had some useful stuff inside. I used the plastic mesh as a screen around the outdoor planter and it's working great. No signs of critters inside the planter.

Planter1.jpg

Here's some of the babies today:

babies_6.jpg

babies_52.jpg

TWINS........Congratulations Sista :thedoubletake:

:cheesygrinsmiley::cco::cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom