Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

WTH is that thing growing? A cabbage? A head pod like Audrey 2?

:laughtwo:

Reminded me of the babies arm I had grow out the side of a DDA bud.

:rofl: Thanks so much for the laugh before I head in to work.

It's a seed. I wasn't sure, and it was unknown why it grew a seed....if I remember correctly. So I opened the calyx up to be sure.
It does look like a tiny cabbage....look closer and it is definitely smiling like an Audrey II youngun'.

Time to get the ol' favorite movie out, I do love a good alien plant musical. :laugh:

I got two hempy pots all set up and ready to go this morning.

Have a grrrreat day everyone!

Re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & M

Not going to jump into his thread. It sure is pretty. I have to wonder several things though.

Has he ever REALLY had the original clone only BD? Because I have and am still chasing the dragon looking for the real BD smell and flavor in seed form. I can taste/smell it in some of the seed BD's, but it's never the same. So to me the label BD is just a name used for sales until it passes muster. No one but him will be able to determine if it has a true BD terpine profile. And again, how many have had the real stuff? Now that 'BD' seeds are available and being grown for dispensaries, everyone thinks they've had it.

I have never, ever seen a purple BD pheno, because in reality it does not exist. Unicorn.

What he most likely has is an F2 heavily showing the parentage (Blueberry/Haze) used to make an F1 'BD' generation. He has blueberry buds flat out. That does not exclude the possibility that the roll of the dice on the terpine profile landed winner, winner. It may have. So I'm thinking it's an F2. Or if an F1, the Haze used to create it was contaminated with a recessive purple gene that combined with the purple trait from the Blueberry. Which is a more likely scenario?

Not gonna go in there rain on it. I hate being the realist sometimes.

But it's a nice looking plant. I do like purple.

:Namaste:

Interesting...I have grown Blue Dream for 1 1/2 years now on a perpetual, seeds from Cali.....never experienced that even with Doc's kit....

:bravo::cheer::love::high-five::Namaste::thumb::goodjob::smokin::love::circle-of-love::cco::cco::thedoubletake::cool::adore::slide::laughtwo::tokin::party::yahoo::allgood::tommy::ciao:

You know why Sista:love:

And anything else we can cross :smokin::thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::rofl::drool:

:welcome: ginganinja30! Glad to have you aboard. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If we don't have an answer here, we'll find it for you.

I know you must be excited to get your first grow going. What strain (s) do you plan to grow, and in what medium?

Have a great day!

:circle-of-love:

Yeh I'm really excited about this, it feels great to be taking control of my health needs the all natural way. .
I've got some feminised medical mass, reg white widow and a couple of fem blueberry seed freebies with my order.
I'm definitely going to try the medical mass for the 1:1 thc cbd ratio, it's really important to see the medical effect for me. And I'll also have a white widow going at the same time hopefully.

Going for as organic as possible soil and after starting reading doc buds high brix threads I'm going to mineralise the soil too.

I've got 6x 40watt 6400k cfls and will buy some 2700k 40watt bulbs to add for flower.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Interesting...I have grown Blue Dream for 1 1/2 years now on a perpetual, seeds from Cali.....never experienced that even with Doc's kit....

The reason, I believe, is because in BD the green bud color trait expresses incomplete dominance over the purple (or it could be visa versa, not sure which is which). Instead of dominating the color trait, it blends with the recessive allele and ends up looking blueish to us, a hallmark BD trait. To come out purple, like his...breeding shenanigans was involved somewhere. You likely have a stable F1 source that will never show a purple. But if you crossed two (maybe even one as S1) you could end up with Pp alleles, and likely a different terpine profile. I have yet to see purple in my S1 BD seeds made from F1's from HSO.

The reason, I believe, is because in BD the green bud color trait expresses incomplete dominance over the purple (or it could be visa versa, not sure which is which). Instead of dominating the color trait, it blends with the recessive allele and ends up looking blueish to us, a hallmark BD trait. To come out purple, like his...breeding shenanigans was involved somewhere. You likely have a stable F1 source that will never show a purple. But if you crossed two (maybe even one as S1) you could end up with Pp alleles, and likely a different terpine profile. I have yet to see purple in my S1 BD seeds made from F1's from HSO.

Pollen chuckers. It's a great big laboratory out there. I'm a pollen chucker. :rofl:

Very pretty flower though.

The Blue Dream thread, I was astounded at the color and packed buds...the first thought that came to mind was asking where he got the seeds because I wanted!! :laugh:
Then I read a little bit on the first page and it was questionable on exactly what he had there, someone asked what I would have and he said they came in a gift package without much information..something to that effect.

Dayam that's a beautiful color though.

And :thanks::thanks::thanks: to all of the members here who supported me with their vote in Member of the Month for February! We won!!!!!
Nice to wake up to that on a work day. :laugh:

You all ROCK!

Yeh I'm really excited about this, it feels great to be taking control of my health needs the all natural way. .
I've got some feminised medical mass, reg white widow and a couple of fem blueberry seed freebies with my order.
I'm definitely going to try the medical mass for the 1:1 thc cbd ratio, it's really important to see the medical effect for me. And I'll also have a white widow going at the same time hopefully.

Going for as organic as possible soil and after starting reading doc buds high brix threads I'm going to mineralise the soil too.

I've got 6x 40watt 6400k cfls and will buy some 2700k 40watt bulbs to add for flower.

Well, you made me smile with the White Widow for sure. My favorite....still. :thumb:

I started my first grow with CFL's, then naturally graduated from there to HPS and on to LED's. (with the help of some great members here) It's very smart to start with a smaller investment to be sure you are going to keep going with it rather than sinking a ton of money into it and realize it's not for you. Just my opinion.
Looking forward to your progress, and let us know when you start a journal of your grow, if you plan to do that.

:cheer:

Okay, the grow choices are going to be altered a bit for the spring grow plans. So coincidentally speaking of Blue Dream and Widow....:laugh: (I promise there was nothing planned on the recent coincidental conversations)

I am going to be testing a grow of some home grown beans by member @Hyena Merica. The two home cross strains are called:

Blue Hyena - A home cross of Amnesia Haze x Blue Dream

Black Hyena - A home cross of Widow x Blue Dream

I'm going to see if Hyena can pop in here with some information on these soon. I'll be germing them with the rest of the spring grow beans.

Here's his thread:

Hyena’s Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

Well, you made me smile with the White Widow for sure. My favorite....still. :thumb:

I started my first grow with CFL's, then naturally graduated from there to HPS and on to LED's. (with the help of some great members here) It's very smart to start with a smaller investment to be sure you are going to keep going with it rather than sinking a ton of money into it and realize it's not for you. Just my opinion.
Looking forward to your progress, and let us know when you start a journal of your grow, if you plan to do that.

:cheer:

Thanks Cannafan .. It'll be soon for me to start I hope.

congratulations

:love::cco::love:

Congratulations my friend, keep up the great work you do. Dan :icon_cool

Back
Top Bottom