Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

That electrically charged rain is better than any top dressing you could possibly do IMO... I checked the tin today and nobody has popped so I added a few more beans to the can....:blushsmile: I will check it again in the morning....:circle-of-love:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

Planting dates vary. Some gardeners in New England won't put a seed outdoor in the ground before June 1st.
It is just now sundown at 8:24 local time and the sun has been up since 5AM.
At over 15 hours, that is a full hour more than my previous home in Arizona this time of year :)

lol, yeah I forgot she's way up north like you. I'm currently getting right at 14 hours between sunrise & sunset down here.

Canna, top that purple, please.

Hey PJ,
yepper. I am planning to up pot her tonight. It's got to be root bound by now. I might even just use the rest of the bag soil I have left for this one until I get my soil made for the rest of them. Should be enough for a larger pot until the final one.

Now, I believe I asked this question on a previous grow. If I transplant her and bury her deeper than she is now so it isn't so tall, will that cause any damage? I think I remember someone saying something about interrupting the delicate stem structure if it gets covered with soil?

:thanks:

I mean take off the very top set of leaves *snip* where I've circled in this edit of your photo:

tophere.jpg

Make sure you leave the two tiny leaf sets growing out at the next junction down by the fan leaves and they will become two tops. Also the small branches even lower down will grow more aggressively and you will end up with 6 strong branches in a couple of weeks. If I was you I would top that puppy and transplant it as a wilding. It is a stretchy strain/pheno so put it where that doesn't matter, outside. It will continue to be a stretchy plant even with the topping and it will mess with your desire to maintain an even canopy in the indoor grow.

Please do not bury the stem. Some folks will tell you the plant will grow new roots out of the burried part. They are right, but it will also stress the crap out of the plant! You have a great memory, Canna. This has been discussed before and my ally in the "don't burry the stem" camp was our long lost friend and voice of reason Jay223.

I recommend that you respect the purple as the individual that it is. As you know, I'm prone to analogy. Say you lived in a small apartment and adopted a pound puppy. The puppy grew quickly and was hyper. You figure, "it will grow out of it." But, the dog remains hyper and not suitable to your living space. What is best for the dog? You can try to train it but it remains a hyper animal that runs like a wild thing with it's tongue hanging out and doesn't do what you want it to. You have choices.

You can bust your ass trying to train the dog to be a better house dog using LST but it won't respond well to that. You can put the dog down because you just can't deal with it. Or, you can find the dog a new happy home out on a farm where it can run wild and live happy in an environment suited to it's individuality. You have a place to put the purple where it can run freely and be a happy camper. Respect it as an individual!

Peejay,
That exact scenario happened to me a few years ago. It was a very hyper breed, the step daughter wanted it in the worst way. (And Daddy always got her what she wanted) We paid a ton of money for the puppy. Stepdaughter was only here on weekends, I had to deal with trying to train and the extreme hyperactiveness of the dog every single day and night. I wasn't home enough for that. Not fair to the dog. I found it an excellent home and they are very very happy with it. I gave it away. LOL Stepdaughter got bored with the dog after a month when she discovered she had to clean up after it and excercise it when she was here.

So, I totally agree with you.
This plant is supposed to be short according the breeder. LOL

So, Fimmed it is! (I'm going to snip it just a hair more to get that left over down a bit. Wish me luck!)

Here's the top:

FIM_12.jpg

Now, I discovered as I looked closely....it's got pistils already. LOL

FIM_21.jpg

FIM_3.jpg

Okay, after much thought on how I arranged the plants in the haven...I've decided I'll put the purple out there, but leave it in a pot so I can move it when I need to.
She's going out tonight, and I'm going to drop a couple more Auto beans tonight too. There will be plenty of room in the indoor grow for a couple more because I had some not make it.

:cool:

Had to take a break from soil building. This weather......yesterday it was cold...today it's 72 with a humidity level of 90%! I am soaked to the bone after mixing up soil in the garage.

Here's what I got so far. This will be a 3 soil system, one for seedlings, one for vegging, and one for flowering.
I have my seedling mixture all done and binned up. Now I have to get one more ingredient into the pile for the veg and bin that up, then the final two ingredients for flowering mix. This is going to save me a ton of money! Most everything I needed was right here around the property and house.

Soil_build.jpg

It looks like a lot of perlite there, but that is before I add about 15 more gallons of black dirt.
Thanks PeeJay! :)

ooO00H! Looks like you have a smoldering hotbed of microbial fornication built... Reminds me of the shag carpet love van I had back in the 70's...

Walk out there this evening if you can. Pick up any worms you see on the way. Look at the dirt and decide if you should mix in a small amount of extra water. Warm moist environment is good. Just a little lube to help things along, maybe? Stir. If you rescued some worms from the soggy lawn put them in the pile. The dolomite fizz test was the high-point of my day.

Come back on Wednesday. Give it a stir. Feel like a hotel maid cleaning up after an orgy when you smell what's been going down.

ooO00H! Looks like you have a smoldering hotbed of microbial fornication built... Reminds me of the shag carpet love van I had back in the 70's...

Walk out there this evening if you can. Pick up any worms you see on the way. Look at the dirt and decide if you should mix in a small amount of extra water. Warm moist environment is good. Just a little lube to help things along, maybe? Stir. If you rescued some worms from the soggy lawn put them in the pile. The dolomite fizz test was the high-point of my day.

Come back on Wednesday. Give it a stir. Feel like a hotel maid cleaning up after an orgy when you smell what's been going down.

:rofl::rofl::rofl: I have truly missed your style of comedic quips...

Was just couching here thinking I would go out and get some more black dirt. It's cooling off a little now.
There should be plenty of moisture in there for tonight, the black dirt was wet and so was the dolomite. I'll check it in the morning before I go to work in the wee hours.
I found lots of worms in the leaf compost, so there are some in there already. A few more can't hurt. Hopefully the fish in my pond aren't watching that I'm not bringing them treats. ;-)

So, the dolomite fizz test was interesting. For those who don't know what it is, PeeJay gave me a student lab project today. My dolomite has been sitting a few years out here in a pile. (near to 15 years, I'm guessing)
To test the dolomite and see if it's good stuff, you get a pinch or two of dolo dust and put it on a plate. Then put a little vinegar on it. If it fizzes up it's good chit.
Mine fizzed and foamed. Gooder Chit? :tokin:

And the chicken poo was NOT easy. That stuff was solid rock hard on the Hen Den structures and floor. Damn near had to get a hammer and chisel....but after attacking it with severe blows via a shovel and rake it is small and dusty now. LOL

Gaulee ned! Sounds like you are having a great time Cannafan. I started a Red Poison but lost her, due to my non-attention. Brain damage is my only excuse. Also lost my only sativa, which never got a root. Bean was over a year old and I did not protect it from the low humidity in chez WJ. I'll start another Red Poison tomorrow. I will be ordering some sativa auto beans and a Cannatonic. Had good luck last time. Will use the same place in Canada again.

Like to see the 70s here. We've been in the 90s for 8 days. My tomatoes respirated 10 gallons of nutes in 2 days. They were drooping pretty bad this morning. Got to put up the 40 gallon reservoir, but health is causing difficulties. Just have to do it slow I guess. That's what the Mrs. Says to me all the time.

Have fun growing green Sweet. I'll pm you soon. :circle-of-love:

WJ
:ciao:

Gaulee ned! Sounds like you are having a great time Cannafan. I started a Red Poison but lost her, due to my non-attention. Brain damage is my only excuse. Also lost my only sativa, which never got a root. Bean was over a year old and I did not protect it from the low humidity in chez WJ. I'll start another Red Poison tomorrow. I will be ordering some sativa auto beans and a Cannatonic. Had good luck last time. Will use the same place in Canada again.

Like to see the 70s here. We've been in the 90s for 8 days. My tomatoes respirated 10 gallons of nutes in 2 days. They were drooping pretty bad this morning. Got to put up the 40 gallon reservoir, but health is causing difficulties. Just have to do it slow I guess. That's what the Mrs. Says to me all the time.

Have fun growing green Sweet. I'll pm you soon. :circle-of-love:

WJ
:ciao:

Hi WJ! So glad you popped in. And you listen to the "Mrs.", sounds like she knows what's up. (pun intended?) ;-)
I would love to try some Cannatonic, almost got some clones last year and it fell through.
I hope the heat situation gets better, that is a bit too hot for my liking. And it's costing you big time in nutrients. Sheesh!

Do yourself a favor and get a bag of silica gel packets. I got a 100 ct. bag of them on fleabay pretty cheap. Put one or two in with your seeds when storing them. That will take out the humidity. Or just wrap some rice in some gauze and seal it up. Friend of mine does that and it seems to work for him.

Take care of yourself and let us know if you start that Cannatonic, you can post the pics here if you aren't going to journal it. :)

Say hi to the smart Mrs. :circle-of-love:

EDIT: Oops...you said LOW humidity. I guess the silica gel packs would not have helped there. :sorry:

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce the newest member to the Canna family:

Sleestack Skunk #1
Sleestack_11.jpg

I hope it doesn't think it's going to carry that seed pod around like a security blanket...

This will go into a pot in the Haven to grow. Sleestack #2 shouldn't be far behind, then we should see WW x MK and WW fem.

Almost forgot, I have two girls in the indoor grow that are showing pistils:
Purple Cheese #2
Pyramid Purple #2

Been a farm girl since I got home from work again.

My dad's favorite song: "Work your fingers to the bone, and whadda you get? Boney fingers!!"

Back
Top Bottom