Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

She works hard for her soil. :theband:
She works hard for her soil, so you better treat her right!
:theband:

I'll have you know Mr. Radogast....I read this post this morning before going to work. I had that song running through my head ALL DAY! :rofl:

That was cute, thank you sir.

:circle-of-love:

re: Cannafan's Perpetual Grow - Where Everything Changes - Autos - Photos - Seeds & More!

I remember that song!!! I have 2 babies... 1 of each and I think they were the first ones I put in the tin but 1 of a WW fem and 1 of a WWxMK... What are the odds...;).... I just love babies...:circle-of-love:

Yeah, the kind that don't stinky pooh pooh everywhere are just fine with me.

Good job on the germination, I'll bet you get a few more. ;-)

My itty bitty green White Widow seed is just not going to pop. I'm only waiting on one more seed, I put that one in a couple days later than the others. The rest are taprooting in paper towels. Yes...PAPER TOWELING. LOL

Oh, and I just now went out to check the sprout tray and one of the WW x MK is peeking the neck above soil.
Dang, these kids are keep me scrambling!! :cheer:

<<...The rest are taprooting in paper towels. Yes...PAPER TOWELING. LOL...>>

Good day Sista from another Mista.............when you are done with the "paper towel" method would you tell us which way you like best? :Namaste:
Tell Mom hi, and give her my love. :love:
Every time I come on your journal you have a new baby........maybe we are trying to make up for our "non growing period" HMMMmmm..........:high-five::thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::biglaugh::rofl:

<<...The rest are taprooting in paper towels. Yes...PAPER TOWELING. LOL...>>

Good day Sista from another Mista.............when you are done with the "paper towel" method would you tell us which way you like best? :Namaste:
Tell Mom hi, and give her my love. :love:
Every time I come on your journal you have a new baby........maybe we are trying to make up for our "non growing period" HMMMmmm..........:high-five::thedoubletake::cheesygrinsmiley::laughtwo::biglaugh::rofl:

Ya know brother dear....you could have a very valid point on the making up for lost grows. :laughtwo:

On the paper towel comment I made, that was a slice at what I had done accidentally using bathroom tissue to germ the seeds. It was a mess. LOL

What I do is drop the seeds in rainwater in little cups and wait for them to pop open, usually within 24 hours. Then I transfer them into damp paper towels in a lidded container and place them on top of my freezer where it's a little warm. That's when the taproots start growing.
I find that it is a couple days quicker than just starting out in the paper towels to begin with. This works for me, may not work for everyone. :)

So, to answer your question...I like both methods. LOL

I'll say HiLove to Mother for ya. ;-)

:cheesygrinsmiley: :love: :green_heart:

There was certainly no shortage of rain last night and today. When I got home from work, I went to check the Haven and the plants look awesome.

Sooooo....while I'm here, I have 3 kids with their necks showing in the sprout tray. Two WW x MK and the other sleestack skunk.

:cheer:
Hello Partner. Last night I dusted off what was left of last year's Fire Escape Girl, Sleestack X Skunk. Heck of a strain & every time I reached for it it was better than the last time; like fine wine gets better with time. The cure is amazing! Also she was my convincer that outside girls love, and I mean LOVE:love: heavy rain! She always looked so happy the next day.

Wrong pics

UPDATE Indoor girls transplanted 6-16-15

Dayam, I'm whopped! Between sprouts, plants, final soil mixing and popped seeds needing planted..and garden sprouts needing attention, and transplanting ....I am just now sitting down for a break. 81 in the house! Finally broke down and turned the air on for a bit.

Anyway...I transplanted all 5 of the indoor girls to fabric pots with my new soil mix. I left some room at the top, while I wait for the Yum Yum to get here and then they will be top dressed with that.

It was high time to transplant, those roots were all over out of the holes in those cups and one of the girls leaves had started to get sickly looking. Hope she's happy now!

I also got the Swick system in place. The pots are sitting in tubs of Perlite and that's how I will keep them watered. They fit perfectly.

update_6-16-15_transplanted.jpg

All I have to do now is label the pots and adjust the LED light for them.

Also, every one of the seeds I planted has sprouted. I got babies everywhere! :biglaugh:

And I just planted some more germed seeds into soil. I want to be sure I get a good chance at a female on the White Widow x Master Kush.
I also have two more auto seeds, one pyramid purple and another Buddha (unkown strain yet) for the indoor grow as soon as they sprout up. That lil' Buddha in the window is just not cuttin' it. Still small...and not doing much but bending for the light. I may throw her under a CFL real close and see what happens. Getting kind of tired of her shennanagins.

I'll be heading out to check on the Wildlings after a rest. Last night I checked and the Purple I put out there in the pot grew at least 6" of stem. It is the most stretchy I have ever seen on any of my plants. Glad I put it out there. I have a sprout going of the same strain, we'll see if that acts the same way.
Have a great night all!

Hello Partner. Last night I dusted off what was left of last year's Fire Escape Girl, Sleestack X Skunk. Heck of a strain & every time I reached for it it was better than the last time; like fine wine gets better with time. The cure is amazing! Also she was my convincer that outside girls love, and I mean LOVE:love: heavy rain! She always looked so happy the next day.

Well, if they love rain....they got it here lately. LOL Looking forward to seeing how they do out here. You revegged one too. Yey!

You may have me poppin some sleestack soon :) had the beans for an age now!

Hey Canna :) :)

Hi LA! These beans popped and tap rooted very nicely. No trouble, and the sprouts were fayast! Gotta love when they work perfectly for you. :)

Wrong pics

I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that kind of stuff. :laughtwo:

UPDATE 6-17-15 New kids and brat kids....

I have all of the sprouted seedlings planted in their cups and they are outside on the deck to absorb that au natural daylight.
Sleestack skunk #1 is still carrying the security blanket seed pod. LOL

Update_6-17.jpg

The Purple that I put out to the Haven went crazy on stretch, as I mentioned. Here's a pic next to one of the wildlings:

Purple_outside_1.jpg

The Fimmed top does appear to be growing two tops now, but did it really do any good with all the additional stretch? :laughtwo:

purple_outside_2.jpg

That's it for now. Just waiting for more sprouts, should be a day or so. MK x WW and one more WW...and something else...can't remember. Too many kids to keep track of.

Oops, almost forgot...the Yum Yum has arrived! Now the final soil can be done and I can top the indoor girls tomorrow. :)

I've been biting my nails waiting to see if that dirt kills all your babies. :bitingnails: Been on a wild spending spree while idling here at Mom's house. I'm going to explore the world of cannabis breeding. Ordered a raft of new genetics, a new 4x4 tent, light, 6" inline fan , filter... It's wonderful knowing exactly where to find out everything one needs to know to harvest and store pollen and make feminized seeds Canna. Your blog posts on the subject are priceless!

:thanks:

I've been biting my nails waiting to see if that dirt kills all your babies. :bitingnails: Been on a wild spending spree while idling here at Mom's house. I'm going to explore the world of cannabis breeding. Ordered a raft of new genetics, a new 4x4 tent, light, 6" inline fan , filter... It's wonderful knowing exactly where to find out everything one needs to know to harvest and store pollen and make feminized seeds Canna. Your blog posts on the subject are priceless!

:thanks:

Thanks PeeJay. :)
I've been trying to put together a consolidated post of my own from my pollination experiment grow that was successful, just haven't had the time to get it all together concisely. Maybe I'll get to that over the weekend when I'm stuck indoors, supposed to rain both days.

So far the indoor girls seem to be loving the new soil, and the sprouts are doing great! So relax and enjoy your new adventure plans. I"m going to top the outdoor kids tonight, hopefully.

One of the Wildlings had a mishap during some wind the other day, I'll explain over the weekend. When you grow outdoors...you take your chances on the elements. LOL

Oh, ya'll need to hop on over to PeeJays' new journal, if you haven't done so already. Always a good time and learning experience!

PeeJay's Neophyte Breeding Adventure

It's FRRRRRRIDAYYYYY! :yahoo:

I found a new container for my SWICKs. This is a plastic file drawer for a 3 drawer system that you find at Dollar stores and such. Cheap as chips...(as Light Addict would say).

They are 7 inches deep x 15.5 inches long x 11.5 inches wide. The beauty of these, besides being bigger for my pots, is that I will be able to see the water level. ;-)

SWICK_container_2.jpg

SWICKing is fun and all, Canna, and I'm sure it appeals to your delightful tinkering nature... You should check out Sue's journal regarding the efficacy of SWICKing in veg. After reading the discussion there you might decide the file drawers are better used for soaking your feet than watering your vegging plants... #TeamnoSWICKforveg

Sue may think I'm paying no attention to her journals. One of these days we are going to talk about why her LOS is getting it's ass kicked by Doc's kit, but she has a lot going on right now.

I'm going to check that out PeeJay. I've been wondering if these pots might stay a little too saturated for vegging and wind up with slower growing plants.....I'll check her thread tomorrow on the discussion.

Easily removed, so no harm no foul if I do that. :)

The way my feet feel after work the last few days, I might just use it as a soak. :laughtwo:

TTYL!

Back
Top Bottom